News: FS: Jerry Jones just threw Mike McCarthy all the way under the bus

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I disagree. I don’t think it’s a great relationship when your boss fires your assistants out of spite, makes it clear that you’re coaching for your job, and then makes jokes to reporters about how you’re not any good at it.

I know we’ve all gotten used to Jerry, but this is the same nonsense that drove away Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. Remember when Jerry got drunk and told a bunch of randos how he really felt about Parcells? He tried to play that off as a joke too.
Case in point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Exactly right. The comment was whatever, maybe a little classless, but it’s part of the bigger issue. The culture under Jerry means we will always have second-tier level coaching.
a SB winning coach who is in the top 5 in win% is not 2nd tier, try harder to hate the joneses LOL
Johnson, Parcells and MM are not 2nd tier nor really was Switzer, seriously..

neither was Wade, Marinelli, quinn etc as coordinators.. Bones fassel well know top ST coach as well.. too name few built we have had some quality coaches sans the debacle post switzer with all the bad internal hirings for few years before parcells..

its clear you are showing your disdain for the owners which makes the narrative oh they are all 2nd tier wrong and moot. LMAO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually we do not know that.
When you bring in Garrett as OC, and the universe knew he would eventually be HC, then he was here as long as he was. And MM was basically the only HC interview to replace him.
How do we know that no HC would?

The Universe was surprised when Parcels was hired, and at that time, people was shocked that it actually worked as long as it did.

I understand that thought about Jerry. But we really do not know.
same was said about MOORE and fans were wrong.." A blind squirrel can find nut sometimes " a broken clock is right twice a day.." thats fans use one example or 2 to make their narrative correct, umm no. lucky guess.

offlimits

Reaction score
You do not fire a coach after back to back 12 win seasons, playoff appearances and the first road playoff win in 30 years.

I think your take is so far from reality...MM isn't going anywhere any time soon
I disagree. The moves that have been made thus far are all for this year. I think that Mike realizes that the white, hot, spotlight is on him. Anything less than the NFC championship and he is sacked.

offlimits

Reaction score
How many teams haven't won a divisional round playoff game in the last 27 years?
We are not talking about "any team". These are the Dallas Cowboys and 27! years of futility is unacceptable. Much blame to go around and loyalty is a weakness of Jerry Jones. He should have been more ruthless 20 years ago. You keep Campo for 3 years?!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Johnson, Parcells and MM are not 2nd tier nor really was Switzer, seriously..
Johnson was his college buddy and he got rid of Jimmy because Jerry felt Jimmy disrespected him.

Parcells called it quits when Jerry started forcing players on him and said that Parcells made him feel uncomfortable. Jones also admitted that he only signed Parcells to bring legitimacy back to the franchise so he can get the stadium deal approved.

Switzer was a college wishbone coach with zero NFL experience and had been ran out of college several years earlier. Again, this was someone that Jerry knew personally. He had no business being the head coach of an NFL team.

McCarthy was putrid his last two years in Green Bay. His players hated him. He was late to his own practices. He also lied to get the Cowboys job.

Jipper

Reaction score
I disagree. The moves that have been made thus far are all for this year. I think that Mike realizes that the white, hot, spotlight is on him. Anything less than the NFC championship and he is sacked.
The post I was referring to said he didn't think MM would survive 3-5 games and said he was changing it to 2 games.

If mm was going to be gone he would have been, he's here the whole season unless so far fetched issue happens where the team is 1-7 which I don't see even as remotely realistic.

He might be under some pressure but that comes with the job and he's going to at least get the season..not some crazy notion of 2 games....that's just silly

Rayman70

Reaction score
th
goood gooood...

Mannix

Reaction score
You do not fire a coach after back to back 12 win seasons, playoff appearances and the first road playoff win in 30 years.

I think your take is so far from reality...MM isn't going anywhere any time soon
Why not? Look at our pathetic record against good teams in those 24 regular season wins....and look how lazy, unmotivated, and undisciplined we appeared to be in both playoff losses.

Jipper

Reaction score
Why not? Look at our pathetic record against good teams in those 24 regular season wins....and look how lazy, unmotivated, and undisciplined we appeared to be in both playoff losses.
Such a silly statement, we had some good wins last against very good teams- Philly, cinncy, NY. Minnesota...the Cowboys were 7-1 against teams with winning records last year.

But hey facts don't fit your narrative I guess