FS1:The gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles is at the quarterback position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's crazy, last I checked, laughing at division rivals is fun. They do it to us, so, a bit of return to sender banter is always fun. Last I checked, the only team that's probably close to immune at the moment might be the Chiefs, and that immunity will only last so long.
Like if you can’t laugh at rivals what do you do lol? I guess just dog your own team?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
obviously the Eagles as a team pound for pound is better and any given Sunday blah blah, but Mahomes overall is the clear difference maker and better between the two
But in that particular game the fumble was the difference. It was a whole touchdown.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It does but I never argued against that.
You kinda did by sticking to the argument that Hurts outplayed Mahomes and using the total stats to support that. Hurts didn't outplay Mahomes.

My point is, that is a simplistic argument that doesn't consider every aspect of evaluating a QB's play.

If you can point to one or two bad plays that had a significant impact on the outcome, like the fumble, than you just can't make the argument that the QB somehow outplayed the opposing QB because he had a higher passing yardage stat, or a slightly higher comp % stat, or rushed for more yards.

It may work in fantasy football but on an actual football field every play matters and on that football field Hurts didn't outplay Mahomes even though he played very well for the most part.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You kinda did by sticking to the argument that Hurts outplayed Mahomes and using the total stats to support that. Hurts didn't outplay Mahomes.

My point is, that is a simplistic argument that doesn't consider every aspect of evaluating a QB's play.

If you can point to one or two bad plays that had a significant impact on the outcome, like the fumble, than you just can't make the argument that the QB somehow outplayed the opposing QB because he had a higher passing yardage stat, or a slightly higher comp % stat, or rushed for more yards.

It may work in fantasy football but on an actual football field every play matters and on that football field Hurts didn't outplay Mahomes even though he played very well for the most part.
No the poster said it was strange I said Hurts was outplaying Mahomes before the fumble because qbs don’t play each other.

Motorola

Reaction score
I would take their young mauling pro bowl LT Mailata over Tyler. Martin is a tremendous Guard and sure HOF'er but so is Lane Johnson who plays a more valuable position. Yes Dak had more TDs passing in less games but THE EAGLES SET THE ALLTIME RECORD FOR RUSHING TD'S and Hurtz had at least a dozen of them. I'm not going to say Hurtz is better than Dak after one good season but last year he outplayed Dak my a long mile.
NFL records list a team named the Frankford Yellow Jackets as having scored the most rushing TDs in a single season, with 38 in 1924.
Among franchises that still exist___
1962 Packers - 36 TDs
1976 Steelers - 33
2003 Chiefs - 32
2006 Chargers - 32
2022 Eagles - 32, with Hurts scoring 13 rushing TDs.

Cam Newton holds the single season record for QB rushing TDs with 14 back in 2011 (his rookie year).

LaDainlian Tomlinson holds the alltime single season rushing TD record with 28 in 2006.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
all running QBs get injured. doesn't matter their running style. he is only 6'1 and 223. getting hit enough times and some injury happens, shoulder, leg, etc. they are not RBs. even RBs get injured often, emmitt was almost an exception to the rule despite the minor injuries he suffered. Even Cam newton who was almost 250, got injured by his 4th year.
Some last longer than others. Cunningham was fairly injury-free for 10 years except for 1991--and he was hurt standing in the pocket when his o-line missed a blitzing LBer and wrecked his knee. Steve Young had a long stretch of fairly injury-free football, as did Fran Tarkenton. Not all running QB's are the same. And that listed weight of 223 is a bit light I believe. Just like they have Jordan Mailata at 365, but Mailata says his playing weight last year was 381, as he feels most comfortable at that weight.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
NFL records list a team named the Frankford Yellow Jackets as having scored the most rushing TDs in a single season, with 38 in 1924.
1962 Packers - 36 TDs
1976 Steelers - 33
2003 Chiefs - 32
2006 Chargers - 32

Cam Newton holds the single season record for QB rushing TDs with 14 back in 2011 (his rookie year).

LaDainlian Tomlinson holds the alltime single season rushing TD record with 28 in 2006.
Some info, maybe interesting, maybe not.

This was Philly's pro franchise until the Eagles joined the NFL in 1933. They did win a title. In 1931, after two horrible years that would make us happy for their failure, the team would fold and give the franchise back to the NFL. Two years later, the Eagles became the NFL team in Philly.

The Eagles did score 39 rushing touchdowns in 2022 counting the playoffs. That is a record I believe.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Some last longer than others. Cunningham was fairly injury-free for 10 years except for 1991--and he was hurt standing in the pocket when his o-line missed a blitzing LBer and wrecked his knee. Steve Young had a long stretch of fairly injury-free football, as did Fran Tarkenton. Not all running QB's are the same. And that listed weight of 223 is a bit light I believe. Just like they have Jordan Mailata at 365, but Mailata says his playing weight last year was 381, as he feels most comfortable at that weight.
most recent, modern day QBs get hurt. cunningham, young are from different era. not sure why or if it makes a difference, but that's seems to be a common thread

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
most recent, modern day QBs get hurt. cunningham, young are from different era. not sure why or if it makes a difference, but that's seems to be a common thread
Strange, isn't it? In this age of rules to make it safer for the QB, so many still get hurt. Guys like Aikman and Cunningham were tough, they could take a beating and still play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If the Cowboys had a 21-7 halftime lead against a team on their 4th QB, I don't think the story of the game would've been Dak's stats....nor should they be. A little perspective helps
again, the pundits would just look at the final numbers and make declarations. their Rush Crush would be overwhelming the board.... actually what happens in the game is irrelevant to them, until its relevant for an argument they want to make, like taking one play and making generalizations out ofit. nothing will satisfy the pundits unless he is perfect. NOTHING but PERFECTION.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
1962 Packers - 36 TDs
1976 Steelers - 33
2003 Chiefs - 32
2006 Chargers - 32

Must be a Philly thing. Frankford held the NFL franchise rights to Philadelphia prior to their demise. The Eagles rose from the ashes of the Yellow Jackets (literally… their stadium burned down) and wore their powder blue and yellow colors before changing to green and white.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Yeah I mean technically Hurts and the defense cracked. Defense and their 70 sacks were MiA. And hurts gave them a free touchdown.
Hurts had an amazing season, he appears to be the real deal and the future is bright, just curious is he can maintain what he's being doing