Furboy's First Cowboyszone Mock Draft

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The Crosby pick wouldn't be bad in the 2nd round however he will move to LG almost assuredly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me correct myself. I like Brown a ton, I just don't see anyway he will be there in the 3rd. Lowest I see is mid 2nd although I have been wrong once before haha
Its really hard to tell for with St. Brown. Don't wanna say he will be a redshirt, but I don't him see him being a big factor in 2018. However he is one of the only WR's in this draft with legit #1 WR potential. That could really drive his stock up.

Conversely, there are alot of WR's that look to go day 2 that could be big factors for teams in 2018. However most if not all look like they will max out as very good #2's. However that immediate production could drive his stock down.

If Im a betting I say St. Brown goes in the 2nd. But I can see scenarios where he could fall. I think its 70/30 IMO. Im counting on some one to fall in love with his upside. High character and very coachable kid too

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'd still be happy to have him in round 2. In fact, it may actually work for my mock draft better if I do that. Whether we get him in round 2 or 3 doesn't matter to me. Brown would amazing to have here.
If we got him in the 3rd it would be a huge steal. I'm running to the podium

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Its really hard to tell for with St. Brown. Don't wanna say he will be a redshirt, but I don't him see him being a big factor in 2018. However he is one of the only WR's in this draft with legit #1 WR potential. That could really drive his stock up.

Conversely, there are alot of WR's that look to go day 2 that could be big factors for teams in 2018. However most if not all look like they will max out as very good #2's. However that immediate production could drive his stock down.

If Im a betting I say St. Brown goes in the 2nd. But I can see scenarios where he could fall. I think its 70/30 IMO. Im counting on some one to fall in love with his upside. High character and very coachable kid too
No that I disagree with you but most receivers aren't huge factors as rookies. Sure some make some plays but drafting Sutton or Brown.....or any receiver..... Would be for the future. If we keep Dez then pair him with Dez if we cut Dez then a veteran will be signed like Watkins.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
New Mock Draft that I've done via Fanspeak:

19: R1P19
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

50: R2P18
EDGE HERCULES MATA'AFA
WASHINGTON STATE

81: R3P17
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

116: R4P16
LB FRED WARNER
BRIGHAM YOUNG

137: R4P37
CB KAMERON KELLY
SAN DIEGO STATE

171: R5P34
LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA

173: R5P36
S VAN SMITH
CLEMSON

193: R6P19
CB RASHAAN GAULDEN
TENNESSEE

208: R6P34
DL P.J. HALL
SAM HOUSTON STATE

236: R7P18
RB RYAN NALL
OREGON STATE

Sydla

Reaction score
New Mock Draft that I've done via Fanspeak:

19: R1P19
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

50: R2P18
EDGE HERCULES MATA'AFA
WASHINGTON STATE

81: R3P17
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

116: R4P16
LB FRED WARNER
BRIGHAM YOUNG

137: R4P37
CB KAMERON KELLY
SAN DIEGO STATE

171: R5P34
LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA

173: R5P36
S VAN SMITH
CLEMSON

193: R6P19
CB RASHAAN GAULDEN
TENNESSEE

208: R6P34
DL P.J. HALL
SAM HOUSTON STATE

236: R7P18
RB RYAN NALL
OREGON STATE

Like the 3rd and 4th round picks. Not liking the 1st.

I am completely confused as to what to think of Mata’afa.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That 'aint happening. Collins is the ROT and Martin is the ROG now and in the future. Why does this keep coming up? Some keep saying move Martin to ROT and Collins to LOG must be dreaming or something.

To be fair 1. 5 - 2 years ago I was arguing that they were NOT moving Collins to RT. He was brought in to play OG and did not have the feet to play RT so would tell people to quit talking about him being g moved to RT.

And then they moved him to RT lol and he struggled early on but got better as the season went on.

I was wrong.

I will also admit that I have wondered if the OGs they liked were not there and maybe a decent OT was... If they would consider taking the OT and moving Collins back to OG.

Now not talking about moving ZM
But if the draft falls a certain way where an OT is the best player on the board, and that does not have to mean first round, just better OT before a OG is there they like... Who Knows what happens with this team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To be fair 1. 5 - 2 years ago I was arguing that they were NOT moving Collins to RT. He was brought in to play OG and did not have the feet to play RT so would tell people to quit talking about him being g moved to RT.

And then they moved him to RT lol and he struggled early on but got better as the season went on.

I was wrong.

I will also admit that I have wondered if the OGs they liked were not there and maybe a decent OT was... If they would consider taking the OT and moving Collins back to OG.

Now not talking about moving ZM
But if the draft falls a certain way where an OT is the best player on the board, and that does not have to mean first round, just better OT before a OG is there they like... Who Knows what happens with this team.

Exactly. All mock drafts are anyway are just spitballing ideas of what we'd like to see happen. At least at this point anyway.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Considering where he plays, I think Mata'afa may be one of the best kept secrets in the draft. In all the mock drafts I do, he's always lingering to where we are in round 2, but, when I watch videos on him and look at his combine results, I can't help but think he'd be a massive 2nd round steal. Here's a link to him: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hercules-mata'afa?id=32462018-0002-5602-20b9-415fb43c6d11

His combine was impressive. His videos are impressive. Yet, he doesn't get the coverage he deserves.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very well, though, I still like Crosby. He's a very strong RT. Like I said and like the link says, he's VERY similar to Parnell who was very good for us. Especially with the power he has in the run game. However, I can definitely change it if you'd like.
Either the draft pick or La'el could move to LG.

They desperately need another OT and having somebody play OG justifies an early pick on an OT.

Flozzel played OG initially.