Furboy's First Cowboyszone Mock Draft

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sure, get a vet if possible, but most decent OTs will go where they have a chance to start. Basically any vet they get has already shown that he is not even a low level starter. They could go for a younger vet or reclaimation project but that does not give the experience that you want from a true vet.

Maybe Andre Smith would take a backup job but I don't know if he can hold up at LT.

Well, here's a list of expected FAs at OT: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tackle/

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Sure, get a vet if possible, but most decent OTs will go where they have a chance to start. Basically any vet they get has already shown that he is not even a low level starter. They could go for a younger vet or reclaimation project but that does not give the experience that you want from a true vet.

Maybe Andre Smith would take a backup job but I don't know if he can hold up at LT.
You do have a point. Typically they wouldn't play but not sure how Tyron back is doing and that is a cause for concern. It's a tough decision for sure, one I hope the Cowboys get right

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly, and that would be the goal. Our oline would be in great shape, and our Dline would obtain a serious upgrade. Taco and Mata'afa on both ends of the DL would be AMAZING. Then, toss in Warner in round 4, and we have one monster defense shaping up. Not to mention that our defense wasn't dreadful last year. I think Mata'afa, Warner, and my friend Hall would give us an insane front 7 with the players we already have. Then, throw in Kelly and Smith, and that's one crazy good defense.

and then, offensively, Hernandez or Wynn give us the most dynamic offensive line possible. Look at the power we'd have. We'd maul just about every defense out there. As if our defense wouldn't already be really good talent-wise, our offense would control the ball. I explained on a previous page in this thread the massive benefits with that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You do have a point. Typically they wouldn't play but not sure how Tyron back is doing and that is a cause for concern. It's a tough decision for sure, one I hope the Cowboys get right

That is a concern for me. I can search the draft boards for a possible 4th round pick who could be a T (though, I also really like Warner and CB that I have penciled in). You know? I wonder if we can turn a player on our roster into a pick. That might solve the problem.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should trade for Jermey Parnell to play RT and move La'el to LG. When Tyron gets injured Parnell can play LT and La'el can play RT.
:)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We should trade for Jermey Parnell to play RT and move La'el to LG. When Tyron gets injured Parnell can play LT and La'el can play RT.

Hmm, there's that, or, we could go Mata'afa at 19 and get Crosby at 50. NFL.com compares Crosby to Parnell, so you are basically getting a younger Parnell.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That's a ton of moving on the OL. With OL chemistry is the most important thing. They have to work together more then any other position.

We have to get it fix and leave it that way. Moving players around you end up with what happened to Green.

Sydla

Reaction score
With the cap as it is, and the likelihood we sit out FA again, I am resigning myself to the reality they are going to take an OG at 19.

And I am going to hate every bit of it.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Your score is: 22591 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 18: Phillips, Harrison, DT, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 24 (BUF): Moore, DJ, WR, Maryland (A)
Round 3 Pick 21 (CAR): Carter, Lorenzo, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 3 (HOU): Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Meeks, Quenton, CB, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37: Haynes, Marquis, OLB/DE, Mississippi (A+)
Round 5 Pick 34: Fatukasi, Folorunso, DT, Connecticut (A+)
Round 5 Pick 36: Conklin, Tyler, TE, Central Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Demby, Jamil, OG, Maine (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34: Dion Hamilton, Shaun, ILB, Alabama (B+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Ballage, Kalen, RB, Arizona State (A+)

Sydla

Reaction score

Your Picks:

LOL.

I'd sign up for that right now. I get a stud S, DT and athletic edge rusher in Carter, a good candidate for swing OT, and a potential deep threat at WR?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Your Picks:
Switch Meeks with M.J Stewart and I'm on board

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Your Picks:

That would be good with the trade downs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a ton of moving on the OL. With OL chemistry is the most important thing. They have to work together more then any other position.

We have to get it fix and leave it that way. Moving players around you end up with what happened to Green.

Don't let the media brainwash you. Teams have successfully moved OL around over the years when needed.

Also, if playing Guard screwed up Chaz Green at Tackle, then he was likely going to have problems anyway. They could move Zack Martin to DT every other game and his skills at OG would be unaffected.

Likely, the only way to get a quality Swing Tackle is to draft one early or spend a few years developing one like Parnell.

The only way to justify drafting an OT early is to either play the draft pick or Collins at Guard. Ideally the draft pick would play Guard.

Any free agent OT is likely limited; otherwise they would go somewhere to compete to start.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Don't let the media brainwash you. Teams have successfully moved OL around over the years when needed.

Also, if playing Guard screwed up Chaz Green at Tackle, then he was likely going to have problems anyway. They could move Zack Martin to DT every other game and his skills at OG would be unaffected.

Likely, the only way to get a quality Swing Tackle is to draft one early or spend a few years developing one like Parnell.

The only way to justify drafting an OT early is to either play the draft pick or Collins at Guard. Ideally the draft pick would play Guard.

Any free agent OT is likely limited; otherwise they would go somewhere to compete to start.
I understand your point. Personally I would go LG in the draft. If the team things Collins should go to LG and draft a tackle then I'm ok with that. If they want to rest a swing tackle, then do it.

Our identity is running the ball and built off the OL. Any way to make them stronger in down for it. I would go a different direction but doesn't mean we can't get better with your idea. I'm just tired of losing, tired of being the laughing stock of the league and tired of excuses. It's time to get back to the top and I agree with seeing tackle being a spot that needs upgrading. Let's get it done, either by draft or free agency.

If Tyron back isn't completely healed or we are worried about it then drafting a OT would become the top need

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I understand your point. Personally I would go LG in the draft. If the team things Collins should go to LG and draft a tackle then I'm ok with that. If they want to rest a swing tackle, then do it.

Our identity is running the ball and built off the OL. Any way to make them stronger in down for it. I would go a different direction but doesn't mean we can't get better with your idea. I'm just tired of losing, tired of being the laughing stock of the league and tired of excuses. It's time to get back to the top and I agree with seeing tackle being a spot that needs upgrading. Let's get it done, either by draft or free agency.

If Tyron back isn't completely healed or we are worried about it then drafting a OT would become the top need

I agree about the situation with Tyron. In that case, someone like Wynn would make sense since he can apparently play OG and OT well.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree about the situation with Tyron. In that case, someone like Wynn would make sense since he can apparently play OG and OT well.
Wouldn't you want a clear cut OT to play the most important position on the line? Unless it's Larry Allen who was all pro at 4 spots, the only one he wasn't was center.