Furboy's First Cowboyszone Mock Draft

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wouldn't you want a clear cut OT to play the most important position on the line? Unless it's Larry Allen who was all pro at 4 spots, the only one he wasn't was center.

Hmm, well, maybe that brings in to question Larry Allen's son? Maybe Larry Allen Jr could be drafted with one of our 2 6th round picks to potentially give us more OT depth?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hmm, well, maybe that brings in to question Larry Allen's son? Maybe Larry Allen Jr could be drafted with one of our 2 6th round picks to potentially give us more OT depth?
Would love that. I like Hernandez over Wynn but Wynn and Larry Allen would work for me

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Or, we could do Hernandez and Allen. We'd have Hernandez at LG and Allen Jr at T. I'm sure Tyron can help train him.
Haha you're right about that. Tyron, Martin and Frederick would be great mentors. I think Cooper can be resigned to vet min and that would give us a nice depth to the OL with the drafting of Hernandez and Allen

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Haha you're right about that. Tyron, Martin and Frederick would be great mentors. I think Cooper can be resigned to vet min and that would give us a nice depth to the OL with the drafting of Hernandez and Allen

Yup, that would be the ideal offseason involving the oline. The oline being like this:

Smith
Hernandez
Frederick
Martin
Cooper

and then the depth being at least Cooper and Allen. That would be a nice lineup. And, like we said, we have enough quality veteran olinemen to mentor Allen into becoming a solid lineman himself.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yup, that would be the ideal offseason involving the oline. The oline being like this:

Smith
Hernandez
Frederick
Martin
Cooper

and then the depth being at least Cooper and Allen. That would be a nice lineup. And, like we said, we have enough quality veteran olinemen to mentor Allen into becoming a solid lineman himself.
I would feel much more comfortable with that lineup

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Absolutely

Furthermore, we're going to be playing very tough defenses this season from both the AFC South and the NFC East. Also, I think we're playing the NFC South, in which case we HAVE to build our oline to top form. We're looking at about 14 games of brutal defenses. I don't like the idea of having ANY weaknesses on our oline. If we're to have a playoff-type season, then we need to make sure our oline is in top form. Otherwise, we won't have Dak or Zeke for parts of this season with how some of these teams hit. That would be a total disaster, and we'll be sitting here again complaining why we didn't address our oline. Yes, our defense needs to be fixed, and it can be. But, with 19, I think Hernandez or Wynn give us the best chance offensively at being able to deal with the teams we'll be facing.