FWST Blog: Holland to Start Again

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2455675 said:
Dude, who said anything about Kosier being relegated to backup?
The Count said:
If Koiser returns for another year, he'll probably be a backup and he'd be valuable in that role,

However, this thinking has been mentioned in other threads as well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2455691 said:
However, this thinking has been mentioned in other threads as well.
Oh, I have him on ignore. Looks like I made the right decision.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2455695 said:
The downside of the ignore feature..

You have Stash, too? Cuz he quoted TheCount.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2455683 said:
do you have the count and stashero on ignore ?

Did I mention Kosier being a backup when he returns?

I don't remember doing that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2455695 said:

Ha. This happens to me all the time. I'm constantly checking multi-quoted posts for outrageous tidbits.

No way I put stash on ignore, though (not that you necessarily did). He's not afraid to go out on a limb, but he brings it when he does. Plus, I'd have missed the chance to tease him when Matt Jones got all coked-up, which was priceless.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;2455732 said:
Ha. This happens to me all the time. I'm constantly checking multi-quoted posts for outrageous tidbits.

No way I put stash on ignore, though (not that you necessarily did). He's not afraid to go out on a limb, but he brings it when he does. Plus, I'd have missed the chance to tease him when Matt Jones got all coked-up, which was priceless.

Thanks.

I think.....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Idgit;2455732 said:

Yeah, I don't even remember why I put him on ignore (Stash that is). For a while I went on an ignore streak. The board was just unreadable.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2455749 said:
Yeah, I don't even remember why I put him on ignore (Stash that is). For a while I went on an ignore streak. The board was just unreadable.

Yeah, I should qualify that. This summer, I had a lot of good posters on temporary ignore b/c I couldn't stand all the negativity and caterwauling. But I tried to take anyone who could either amuse me or teach me something off again at the start of the season. Big mistake when Romo went down.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2455704 said:
Did I mention Kosier being a backup when he returns?

I don't remember doing that.

Oh i thought you agreed with what Count said that's why i lumped yall together...my bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2455810 said:
Oh i thought you agreed with what Count said that's why i lumped yall together...my bad.

No problem.

I was agreeing with him in being disappointed in the line's depth - specifically at tackle.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, who knew speculating on who is starter and who is backup meant so much. What difference does it make, my point was that we end up with one good backup and everybody else is JAG. I also never said anything about Koiser sucking.

You're all so damn emotional.

MONT17

Reaction score
i didnt like Kosier and thanks to the talent pool jerry has here he loooks like the best og in cowboys history. Procter is a joke but what does that say about Doug Free who the Boys are high on. oh wait, the braintrust is saving him for LT, i almost forgot. If the coaches cant play Free in front of 3 scrubs like Kosier, Procter and Holland that just shows the world the cowboys r high on a player for no reason.

much like the Stevie Nicks guy...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theogt;2455454 said:
How is Kosier being demoted?

I didn't say he was or would be. Personally I think he will have to fight for the job next year. And I am worried he has a mid foot injury. Traditionally those have been hard to repair in the past. But I'm not around orthopedists daily anymore and I'm out of the loop. That particular specialty, foot and ankle, has taken off the last decade.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Idgit;2455490 said:
Jobberone, I'm following you just fine. But this is how it goes. Step one: complain about Kyle Kosier from the day he was signed. Step two: decide he's the weak link on the OL. Step three: when he goes down and OL play drops off precipitously, act surprised. Step four: conclude Proctor must really suck. Step five, when Kosier returns and plays on a damaged and broken leg, let everybody know you noticed something was wrong. Step six: replace Kosier with a fat, lazy, traveling OL, promote him to starter, relegate Kosier to backup, weak link in the OL officially fixed.

Then, next season, with Holland as the weak link, you're all set for the post about how his play really dropped off after 2008 because he got complacent.

That's pretty much the rumor. I guess people who don't do this board daily don't understand where I'm coming from. For some of you, it's not just this thread but the overall board meanderings over this season. I'm just giving the over the top gang a hard time. They know who they are. Well some of them do.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Dallas needs to draft an offensive lineman or two in this draft, but Colombo is a free agent. I wouldn't break the bank for Colombo.

I could see a scenario where Holland moves in at RG and Davis slides over to RT (provided Holland continues to play well and doesn't eat himself out of the league).

I know Davis had a lot more success once he wasn't playing left tackle, but I have to think he is at least as athletic as Colombo and he wouldn't be going against speed rushers over on the right side.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
junk;2456071 said:
Dallas needs to draft an offensive lineman or two in this draft, but Colombo is a free agent. I wouldn't break the bank for Colombo.

I could see a scenario where Holland moves in at RG and Davis slides over to RT (provided Holland continues to play well and doesn't eat himself out of the league).

I know Davis had a lot more success once he wasn't playing left tackle, but I have to think he is at least as athletic as Colombo and he wouldn't be going against speed rushers over on the right side.

That would be a disaster moving Davis to RT..

Im glad some of you aren't apart of the personal decisions for this team.

I guess you didn't see the Arizona experiment with him at RT?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Real1st;2456074 said:
That would be a disaster moving Davis to RT..

Im glad some of you aren't apart of the personal decisions for this team.

I guess you didn't see the Arizona experiment with him at RT?

Agreed with Davis staying at RG since he's played very well there, disagree with the "I know more about football than any of you punks!" attitude.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
TheCount;2456167 said:
Agreed with Davis staying at RG since he's played very well there, disagree with the "I know more about football than any of you punks!" attitude.

Its not even about that. Its just common sense. Why would you move Davis to RT when he failed at that position in Arizona???