FWST Blog: Holland to Start Again

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Real1st;2456175 said:
Its not even about that. Its just common sense. Why would you move Davis to RT when he failed at that position in Arizona???

IDK. Cause he's big and nasty and can leap tall buildings. I don't want to move him. I'd like to keep Colombo but sooner or later we will have to start making tough decisions about the cap assuming there is going to be one. Different line coaches and blocking schemes. Better players around him and a great QB and offense.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. We need some backup offensive lineman. Hello Jerry. The draft.

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2455280 said:
He will likely start the rest of the season.

I'm just glad we made the deal to get him. Otherwise we would be stuck with Procter.

It's just crazy that he didn't start earlier though...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2456175 said:
Its not even about that. Its just common sense. Why would you move Davis to RT when he failed at that position in Arizona???

he didn't fail at RT, in fact he didn't fail anywhere, he just was an average LT

but I think the line remains the same:

LT: Flo
LG: Kosier
C: Gurode
RG: Davis
RT: Colombo

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Real1st;2456074 said:
That would be a disaster moving Davis to RT..

Im glad some of you aren't apart of the personal decisions for this team.

I guess you didn't see the Arizona experiment with him at RT?

Did you? He only played one season there (his second) and was a Pro Bowl alternate. I'm assuming you are mixing up left tackle and right tackle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2796687

San Francisco offensive line coach George Warhop was the offensive line coach for the Cardinals when Davis was drafted. He doesn't subscribe to the "losing culture" theory, but he does remember the type of player he worked with in 2001-02.

"His rookie season, he was nothing short of dominant," Warhop said of Davis. "And he was the first alternate in the Pro Bowl his second season. I don't think the Cowboys wasted their money at all."

Dallas talked about moving him to LT if Flo didn't re-sign (although that might have been a bit of a bluff on the organization's part when trying to get Flo's deal done).

Also, remember that Davis was signed when Colombo was an unrestricted free agent before and Dallas was considering playing him at RT then depending upon the resolution of negotiations with Colombo.

It's not outside of the realm of possibility and, at some point, the salary cap has to come into play. You want your best five on the field.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Bigg does so well at guard that I hate to move him. Colombo probably will stay unless his salary demands are excessive.

Eskimo

Reaction score
On the whole Holland vs. Kosier at LG issue next year - they can battle it out at TC for the starter role. I would add that if they are judged equal, it might make sense to start Holland because Kosier can backup the other 4 spots.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eskimo;2457158 said:
On the whole Holland vs. Kosier at LG issue next year - they can battle it out at TC for the starter role. I would add that if they are judged equal, it might make sense to start Holland because Kosier can backup the other 4 spots.
Solid post.