FWST/DMN Blog: Aqib Talib a no-show at Valley Ranch

Jay-D

Reaction score
iceberg;2032502 said:
i would think most fans would. but what if, go with me here for a bit - WHAT IF....he was already scheduled to be interviewed by other teams first? or had other workouts already scheduled?

would you call him dependable if he didn't show to those just so he could show up here? relax, he's still coming in for a visit, he just couldn't do it today.

As a Cowboy fan, I don't care about other teams and their silly schedules.

When Jerry Jones calls, your schedule is whatever he says it is. :)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jay-D;2032508 said:

Yes, screw yourself with all the other teams. This is a business and the smart move is to visit as many teams as you can.

Everyone know these visits often mean nothing at all and plenty of teams pick guys they don't have out.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
iceberg;2032507 said:
we have no idea why he couldn't make it but man alive some people out there sure do wanna assume he just dis'd us, don't they arch?

how's the UK? i've got a stalker over there can you go take care of her for me?

I would have thought a player keen to visit VR would have ensured his agent would have made VR aware of why he couldn't make it. :confused:

If he was so keen to visit there wouldn't have been a scheduling conflict in the first place. He'd be at VR today.

Two scenarios from both articles. I'll pass....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;2032515 said:
Yes, screw yourself with all the other teams. This is a business and the smart move is to visit as many teams as you can.

Everyone know these visits often mean nothing at all and plenty of teams pick guys they don't have out.

i'm pretty sure he was (sorta) kidding. : )

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032517 said:
I would have thought a player keen to visit VR would have ensured his agent would have made VR aware of why he couldn't make it. :confused:

If he was so keen to visit there wouldn't have been a scheduling conflict in the first place. He'd be at VR today.

'eh, i just have no idea why he couldn't make it and won't assume it's bad. had too many quick assumptions bite me in the ka-ha-ha in my years.

so no to the stalker???

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Jay-D;2032508 said:

Exactly!

Perhaps he's at StingDallas with GAC? ;)

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
iceberg;2032522 said:
'eh, i just have no idea why he couldn't make it and won't assume it's bad. had too many quick assumptions bite me in the ka-ha-ha in my years.

so no to the stalker???

Pacman and Talib on the same team? :eek:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032517 said:

So you are saying he should have built all kinds of free time into his schedule in order to make sure that he was at VR? This is a business, the draft is 2 weeks away and lots of teams are having him out. So what you are suggesting is that he should have foreseen that American would take down all its flights. Right

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This just proves people on this board will take anything and run with it even when they have no clue about the situation.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;2032531 said:
So you are saying he should have built all kinds of free time into his schedule in order to make sure that he was at VR? This is a business, the draft is 2 weeks away and lots of teams are having him out. So what you are suggesting is that he should have foreseen that American would take down all its flights. Right
Why on earth are you assuming that his flight was cancelled?

And the poster's point you're replying to was that he should have informed them that he was missing and why he was missing. In the original report it said it was "unexplained." He may or may not have actually contacted the team, but it seems to suggest he didn't.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CATCH17;2032532 said:
This just proves people on this board will take anything and run with it even when they have no clue about the situation.

none of us know EXACTLY why he's gone - but if we use our brains, we can come up with some very likely reasons why getting to Dallas wasn't possible for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;2032532 said:

I agree. Those who say they would not draft him I don't have a problem with that but to say you would not draft because he was unable to make it to VR for a visit? Well that is just being silly.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2032539 said:
I agree. Those who say they would not draft him I don't have a problem with that but to say you would not draft because he was unable to make it to VR for a visit? Well that is just being silly.

Silly is generous

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Who said they wouldn't draft him solely because of this incident?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
abersonc;2032531 said:

Where does it say anywhere in any of the articles his absence was caused by a cancelled flight?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
abersonc;2032544 said:
Silly is generous

Its Friday I did not want to offend today. :laugh2: I admit he is not my 1st choice out of the CB who are likely to go in the 1st rd but if those other top CB are gone before we pick and he is still there I would take him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032547 said:
Where does it say anywhere in any of the articles his absence was caused by a cancelled flight?

Does it matter the reason why? If he made it to VR for the visit would you then want to draft him? For whatever he was unable to make it that much is pretty simple. He like many other players are making visits at many different locations and it did indicate a conflict in scheduling

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2032555 said:
Does it matter the reason why? If he made it to VR for the visit would you then want to draft him? For whatever he was unable to make it that much is pretty simple. He like many other players are making visits at many different locations and it did indicate a conflict in scheduling

Exactly right. Scheduling conflict actually suggests he's visiting with another team. No? So which team would he schedule in front of the Dallas Cowboys? Seems he prefers another team.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032547 said:

It doesn't but those with half a brain can use logic to derive an answer.

See Below:

A) People all across the country are having a hard time getting to Dallas because of canceled flights

B) Talib is out visiting other teams now, so Talib would have to FLY to get to Dallas.

Therefore, it is very likely that Talib had a scheduling problem b/c of a canceled flight.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2032472 said:
Agreed, you dont skip a job interview............dumb move on his part.

Between blowing the Cowboys off and failing multiple drug tests in college, I take this guy off the board this afternoon.

QuanTran;2032476 said:
He's from Dallas and can't make the workout? Screw him... OVER-RATED...

Arch Stanton;2032486 said:
What team would he prefer to play for over the Cowboys?

He gives VR a pass, I think VR will give Talib a pass.

theogt;2032545 said:
Who said they wouldn't draft him solely because of this incident?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

first combines drug use combined with blowing off VR. the rest do seem to "suggest" that if you blow off VR you're history. seems to suggest it, does it not? (since suggesting is good enough by your own verbiage earlier)

just saying. : )