FWST/DMN Blog: Aqib Talib a no-show at Valley Ranch

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032560 said:
Exactly right. Scheduling conflict actually suggests he's visiting with another team. No? So which team would he schedule in front of the Dallas Cowboys? Seems he prefers another team.

Are you gonna get semantic? No show was used earlier -- that suggest that the team didn't know he wasn't coming -- and I seriously doubt that was the case.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
abersonc;2032563 said:
It doesn't but those with half a brain can use logic to derive an answer.

See Below:

A) People all across the country are having a hard time getting to Dallas because of canceled flights

B) Talib is out visiting other teams now, so Talib would have to FLY to get to Dallas.

Therefore, it is very likely that Talib had a scheduling problem b/c of a canceled flight.

Scheduling CONFLICT. :eek:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get a BAD vibe from this clown.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Exactly right. Scheduling conflict actually suggests he's visiting with another team. No? So which team would he schedule in front of the Dallas Cowboys? Seems he prefers another team.

or he prefers to keep his existing committments.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg;2032570 said:
first combines drug use combined with blowing off VR. the rest do seem to "suggest" that if you blow off VR you're history. seems to suggest it, does it not? (since suggesting is good enough by your own verbiage earlier)

just saying. : )
The first two obviously don't apply as they offered other reasons. The third is the only one remotely suggesting that this is the sole reason for passing on him. But I guess if we're allowed to make other ridiculous assumptions (i.e., cancelled flight causation), then we can make this one as well.

QT

Reaction score
abersonc;2032563 said:
It doesn't but those with half a brain can use logic to derive an answer.

See Below:

A) People all across the country are having a hard time getting to Dallas because of canceled flights

B) Talib is out visiting other teams now, so Talib would have to FLY to get to Dallas.

Therefore, it is very likely that Talib had a scheduling problem b/c of a canceled flight.

Thank you Talib's agent. What are we thinking with half a brain. LOL.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
theogt;2032579 said:
The first two obviously don't apply as they offered other reasons. The third is the only one remotely suggesting that this is the sole reason for passing on him. But I guess if we're allowed to make other ridiculous assumptions (i.e., cancelled flight causation), then we can make this one as well.

I've not wanted him for sometime. The drug use just reinforced that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt;2032579 said:

both sides are making assumptions, are they not?

that's my main point. i don't really care cause i'd prefer cason myself. but i'm not going to assume that because he couldn't make it he was blowing off the cowboys.

like i said - a whole lot of assuming going on and not a whole lot of facts to base them off of. i'll wait to see if there's more to the story before i really care one way or the other.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

So what right now he is trying to meet with as many people as he can that is not some knock on the Cowboys. These players are not fans they are trying to position themselves for their careers. Like any player I'm sure he wants to go earlier than late 1st rd. If Dallas drafts him it will be because of skill as a CB and I doubt Jerry Jones is going to hold missing a visit at VR against him

AbeBeta

Reaction score
QuanTran;2032580 said:
Thank you Talib's agent. What are we thinking with half a brain. LOL.

No, I'm neutral on Talib -- I actually don't think he fits for us in the first -- but I hate to see people use some lame butt excuse for knocking a player off their board. But the ignorant will.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
This thread explains a lot.

Like why every media source has anti-Dallas bias, supposedly.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
iceberg;2032570 said:
first combines drug use combined with blowing off VR. the rest do seem to "suggest" that if you blow off VR you're history. seems to suggest it, does it not? (since suggesting is good enough by your own verbiage earlier)

just saying. : )

I've been consistent in my opinion of not wanting Talib. You may have noticed that somewhere else. ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Some of you people are ridiculous.

None of you mental midgets knows why he couldn't make it, but you're automatically assuming he's "Blowing the cowboys off"?

What if he's at a funeral?

What if he already had other teams scheduled?

What if he couldn't get a flight to Dallas?

How about wait to find out his reasons for not making it before we banish him to the phantom zone?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032591 said:
I've been consistent in my opinion of not wanting Talib. You may have noticed that somewhere else. ;)

Well then him not visiting at VR really had no bearing at all on you not wanting him? I can understand about not wanting a player due to off the field issues and clearly that is a red flag on Talib that could drop him in the draft.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032591 said:

yep. and i totally understand. i was just answering a "who said that"? question and your post did say that, even though i know there's more history there. : )

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;2032586 said:
No, I'm neutral on Talib -- I actually don't think he fits for us in the first -- but I hate to see people use some lame butt excuse for knocking a player off their board. But the ignorant will.
I think it should be EXTREMELY obvious that this could have a real impact on whether we draft him or not. He does have character issues. And if we can't get him in to talk to him for an extended period of time, we may opt to draft another player.

And since no one on this board has actually said they're "taking them off their board" solely for this reason, I don't know what you're crowing about.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack;2032592 said:

None of you mental midgets knows why he couldn't make it, but you're automatically assuming he's "Blowing the cowboys off"?

How about wait to find out his reasons for not making it before we banish him to the phantom zone?

most of the people banishing him now didn't want him anyway, so it's just reinforcing the banishment.

i think

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Rack;2032592 said:

Would that be an unexplained funeral? ;)