Galloway reponds to my note about Hayes

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I suppose those of us on the other side of the fence should feel perfectly justified to compare Hayes with Rice, Irvin, Carter and the best WRs ever. I mean after all, his mistakes can be pushed to the limits of 3 of the worst people ever to walk the earth.

Hyperbole is the norm huh?

Ridiculous comparisons.

Hey Hostile....do you ever think about anything OUTSIDE the realm of football? I mean, do you ever stop to look at the HUMAN BEING who is toting that little brown ball for more money that you will ever see in your lifetime?

It's a game, dude. Sports in general mean absolutely nothing to some people. I really don't think you can mentally grasp that concept.

Stop and think about this. You people are seriously thinking about raising money to buy a total stranger who is a convicted drug dealer a headstone just because he could run fast. Not because he was a great guy. Not because he went on to do great things. JUST BECAUSE HE COULD RUN FAST!!!

That is why he is an Olympic champion. That was why he was an NFL star. That is why some of you are blind to the man's dark side. He could run fast.

Bullet Bob deserves nothing. He doesn't even deserve the time I'm taking to type this post. He should feel lucky to have such eloquent prose in the same vicinity as his namesake....wherever he is.

All I know is that if Galloway somehow gets this guy a headstone, I'm going to be there to personally spit on it.......and I'm a Bullet Bob fan.

TLW47

Reaction score
To "Julius Jones" the poster not the player. What a silly post. You deserve a royal Cowboys :spanking: .

I'm a Bob Hayes fan. If I want to give a few dollars so the man has a decent headstone who are you to care? And more importantly why do you care how I spend my money? :banghead:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Hey Hostile....do you ever think about anything OUTSIDE the realm of football? I mean, do you ever stop to look at the HUMAN BEING who is toting that little brown ball for more money that you will ever see in your lifetime?
You must assume I am poor. Interesting. Not that money matters all that much to me. I'm certainly not jealous of athletes for the money they make.

FYI, I think about things in many realms, not just football, but surprise, this is a football forum and I prefer to keep it about football here.

It's a game, dude. Sports in general mean absolutely nothing to some people. I really don't think you can mentally grasp that concept.
Dr. Freud, I really don't think you're all that qualified to diagnose what I can and can't comprehend or grasp. If sports mean nothing to you then please leave. Go on to things more important to you. Some of us just enjoy each other's company and the game of football. In particular we enjoy this team. If that disturbs you then take a Maalox.

Stop and think about this. You people are seriously thinking about raising money to buy a total stranger who is a convicted drug dealer a headstone just because he could run fast. Not because he was a great guy. Not because he went on to do great things. JUST BECAUSE HE COULD RUN FAST!!!
So the hell what? I mean, is this going to ruin your day? If so then I apologize. Even though I fail to see where it is any of your damned business to preach to me how I should or should not spend my money. I earn it and last time I checked felt no desire to justify it with you. Frankly I could give a rat's *** if my wanting to do something decent for someone I rooted for bothers you or not. If it bothers you turn a blind eye to it. It's really that damned simple.

That is why he is an Olympic champion. That was why he was an NFL star. That is why some of you are blind to the man's dark side. He could run fast.
Back on the pedastal. You really don't need it you know. You are quite adept at looking down your nose already. A higher perch is just overkill.

I don't know about you, but I am not a man without faults. I am a Christian and feel that someone much more worthy than I am will be my judge; and Bob Hayes judge too. Last time I read that Man's writings he basically wrote about tyring to do what is right, even to those who are wrong. Now, you can read His or anyone else's philosophies and interpret them however you damned well please.

You must enjoy being the hateful cynic. I wouldn't like it so spare me the sales pitch. I won't be joining your fraternity of finger pointing false piety.

Bullet Bob deserves nothing. He doesn't even deserve the time I'm taking to type this post. He should feel lucky to have such eloquent prose in the same vicinity as his namesake....wherever he is.
Irony of ironies. I love reality. So much more interesting than fiction. Most people here disagree with you and were insulted by your finger pointing. Especially commenting on when another poster would likely die. Very classy of you. Truly impressive.

[/sarcasm off]

All I know is that if Galloway somehow gets this guy a headstone, I'm going to be there to personally spit on it.......and I'm a Bullet Bob fan.
Why tell me? I could care less. I find it hilarious that you would travel across country just to do that. Especially after the "waste of time" explanation above. Enjoy your hatred and pedastal. I can't call you by your username as I feel that would insult the real man.

TLW47

Reaction score
Thanks Girl...I am female and while I try not to be offended by internet postings I don't like condescending postings. And I love the Cowboys, get mad at them and lose it sometimes but I do think Mr. Hayes deserves more respect that what has been shown him on this thread.

I found his last several years on this earth to be quite sad listening to him in interviews.

If we can't love our fellow human beings when they are at their lowest we can't expect the same when we need it....

He was a tremendous Dallas Cowboy and for that I am very appreciative. I am sorry he has drug issues but I'd like to think if he were alive today and he came on here he'd find friends and fans and not vitrolic ramblings. JMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TLW47 said:
Thanks Girl...I am female and while I try not to be offended by internet postings I don't like condescending postings. And I love the Cowboys, get mad at them and lose it sometimes but I do think Mr. Hayes deserves more respect that what has been shown him on this thread.

I found his last several years on this earth to be quite sad listening to him in interviews.

If we can't love our fellow human beings when they are at their lowest we can't expect the same when we need it....

He was a tremendous Dallas Cowboy and for that I am very appreciative. I am sorry he has drug issues but I'd like to think if he were alive today and he came on here he'd find friends and fans and not vitrolic ramblings. JMO.
My sincere apologies. I edited the post.

I haven't got time to hate anyone. Never have found that to be a useful emotion.

TLW47

Reaction score
Oh no don't apologize. There was no way to know I was female except maybe my wit and obvious higher IQ over all the poor dumb males on here...just kidding!

Don't worry about it...I think most Cowboys fans feel great love and respect for Bob Hayes. He was one of our first superstars and won't be forgotten. And I have a feeling he'll have a very nice headstone one day soon.

And if I give a dollar or two to that it's my business.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TLW47 said:
Oh no don't apologize. There was no way to know I was female except maybe my wit and obvious higher IQ over all the poor dumb males on here...just kidding!

Don't worry about it...I think most Cowboys fans feel great love and respect for Bob Hayes. He was one of our first superstars and won't be forgotten. And I have a feeling he'll have a very nice headstone one day soon.
He will. If the City of Jacksonville or the Cowboys don't do it then I will and no one outside of this forum and my wife will ever know it either. I feel pretty strongly about it.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You must assume I am poor. Interesting. Not that money matters all that much to me. I'm certainly not jealous of athletes for the money they make.

FYI, I think about things in many realms, not just football, but surprise, this is a football forum and I prefer to keep it about football here.

Dr. Freud, I really don't think you're all that qualified to diagnose what I can and can't comprehend or grasp. If sports mean nothing to you then please leave. Go on to things more important to you. Some of us just enjoy each other's company and the game of football. In particular we enjoy this team. If that disturbs you then take a Maalox.

So the hell what? I mean, is this going to ruin your day? If so then I apologize. Even though I fail to see where it is any of your damned business to preach to me how I should or should not spend my money. I earn it and last time I checked felt no desire to justify it with you. Frankly I could give a rat's *** if my wanting to do something decent for someone I rooted for bothers you or not. If it bothers you turn a blind eye to it. It's really that damned simple.

Back on the pedastal. You really don't need it you know. You are quite adept at looking down your nose already. A higher perch is just overkill.

I don't know about you, but I am not a man without faults. I am a Christian and feel that someone much more worthy than I am will be my judge; and Bob Hayes judge too. Last time I read that Man's writings he basically wrote about tyring to do what is right, even to those who are wrong. Now, you can read His or anyone else's philosophies and interpret them however you damned well please.

You must enjoy being the hateful cynic. I wouldn't like it so spare me the sales pitch. I won't be joining your fraternity of finger pointing false piety.

Irony of ironies. I love reality. So much more interesting than fiction. Most people here disagree with you and were insulted by your finger pointing. Especially commenting on when another poster would likely die. Very classy of you. Truly impressive.

[/sarcasm off]

Why tell me? I could care less. I find it hilarious that you would travel across country just to do that. Especially after the "waste of time" explanation above. Enjoy your hatred and pedastal. I can't call you by your username as I feel that would insult the real man.

Yeah yeah.......good cop/bad cop. Basically the Cliff's Notes on this whole diatribe boils down to the fact that you are the rich Christian good guy and I'm the hateful mean guy thing. Put your wallet away, Ghandi. I don't care what tax bracket you're pretending to be in.

I especially enjoyed the capitolization on the Holy References. Way to keep it football related, Father Hostile.

If it "doesn't bother you" so much, then why do you care if I think Bullet Bob's gravesite needs to remain a nameless mound of dirt? It's your cyber-world, man.....I'm just a cyber-squirrel telling you how stupid it is to spend your dough on a dead guy who doesn't even know or care you exist.

Me thinks you doth protest too much.......

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I can't call you by your username as I feel that would insult the real man.

Right on the money Hostile, we are not to be the judges, he really does put an insult to Julius Jones to someone so stupid would support #21.

And moderaters please kick this guy's a** out!!!!!!!!

RIP Bullet Bob

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Right on the money Hostile, we are not to be the judges, he really does put an insult to Julius Jones to someone so stupid would support #21.

And moderaters please kick this guy's a** out!!!!!!!!

RIP Bullet Bob

I'd just like to inquire about a couple of inconsistancies in this post:

We are NOT to be the judges of people, yet we ARE allowed to deem them as stupid and then ask for them to be banned?

Keep on truckin, prole.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Way to keep it football related, Father Hostile.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one who got this off of the football subject so you put yourself in the water. We are wanting to pay for this man's headstone because he was a great Cowboy, man, and football (which is what this site is based) player.

So go back to your inflatable doll and leave Cowboy fans alone, fans that want to support a former Cowboy.

RIP Bullet Bob

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Yeah yeah.......good cop/bad cop. Basically the Cliff's Notes on this whole diatribe boils down to the fact that you are the rich Christian good guy and I'm the hateful mean guy thing. Put your wallet away, Ghandi. I don't care what tax bracket you're pretending to be in.

I especially enjoyed the capitolization on the Holy References. Way to keep it football related, Father Hostile.

If it "doesn't bother you" so much, then why do you care if I think Bullet Bob's gravesite needs to remain a nameless mound of dirt? It's your cyber-world, man.....I'm just a cyber-squirrel telling you how stupid it is to spend your dough on a dead guy who doesn't even know or care you exist.

Me thinks you doth protest too much.......
LOL

You brought up my tax bracket then bash me for correcting you? Wow. Not only that but I didn't exactly claim to be wealthy. I assured you I am not poor. I don't care about money and never have.

The capitalization bothers you huh? In case you haven't noticed I do all of the proper things when I post. It is a habit. For example, I underline movie titles. It was how I was taught. I don't care if it offends you. For the record I also go back and correct my spelling errors when I notice them. Whoop dee freaking doo.

Thank you for calling me Ghandi. Great man and I appreciate the reference. I'm nowhere near the man's goodness but I appreciate it very much.

Now I need to explain why I responded in the first place? Okay.

You had the huevos to suggest to me (and others) how I (we) should or should not use my (our) money. I find that terribly presumptuous of you. You weren't exactly cool about it either. You were rude and condescending. Well, Mr. Squirrel I can give as good as I get. I wasn't the only person offended either was I? So the grief you are gettign has very little to do with me or my religion and everything to do with how you came across.

Sorry, the truth hurts.

How you paint yourself here or other people paint you is your business and theirs. I had no intention of stepping on your toes in how I choose to spend my money. Frankly I find that rather amusing.

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Julius Jones said:
Way to keep it football related, Father Hostile.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one who got this off of the football subject so you put yourslef in th water. We are wanting to pay for this man's headstone because he was a great Cowboy and man and football (which is what this site is based) player.

So go back to your inflatable doll and leave Cowboy fans alone, fans that want to support a former Cowboy.

RIP Bullet Bob

OK OK.....you've convinced me. You want my credit card number now or what?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
I'd just like to inquire about a couple of inconsistancies in this post:

We are NOT to be the judges of people, yet we ARE allowed to deem them as stupid and then ask for them to be banned?

Keep on truckin, prole.

What you so clearly didn't understand was that we can't judge who goes to heaven or hell.

You might need some real help.

RIP Bullet Bob

Reaction score
Hostile said:
LOL

You brought up my tax bracket then bash me for correcting you? Wow. Not only that but I didn't exactly claim to be wealthy. I assured you I am not poor. I don't care about money and never have.

The capitalization bothers you huh? In case you haven't noticed I do all of the proper things when I post. It is a habit. For example, I underline movie titles. It was how I was taught. I don't care if it offends you. For the record I also go back and correct my spelling errors when I notice them. Whoop dee freaking doo.

Thank you for calling me Ghandi. Great man and I appreciate the reference. I'm nowhere near the man's goodness but I appreciate it very much.

Now I need to explain why I responded in the first place? Okay.

You had the huevos to suggest to me (and others) how I (we) should or should not use my (our) money. I find that terribly presumptuous of you. You weren't exactly cool about it either. You were rude and condescending. Well, Mr. Squirrel I can give as good as I get. I wasn't the only person offended either was I? So the grief you are gettign has very little to do with me or my religion and everything to do with how you came across.

Sorry, the truth hurts.

How you paint yourself here or other people paint you is your business and theirs. I had no intention of stepping on your toes in how I choose to spend my money. Frankly I find that rather amusing.

Hostile....if you wanna spend your money on a dead drug dealer instead of orphaned children in Asia dying from cholera and typhoid, than I can't stop you.

I have tried my very best to persuade you and others to make a difference in a needy ALIVE person's life. I will sleep well tonight, not only because I am tired, but also because I know I have given 110% to help make the world a better place.

Good night and don't let the bed bugs (or the malaria) bite.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Hostile....if you wanna spend your money on a dead drug dealer instead of orphaned children in Asia dying from cholera and typhoid, than I can't stop you.

I have tried my very best to persuade you and others to make a difference in a needy ALIVE person's life. I will sleep well tonight, not only because I am tired, but also because I know I have given 110% to help make the world a better place.

Good night and don't let the bed bugs bite.
I already told you that I donate to other causes. Unless you work for the IRS and want to audit me I don't know what business it is of yours.

You've assumed a lot of crap about me tonight based on my desire to see a man have a tombstone.

You were NEVER going to sell me based on the way you came across. Especially when you stooped to sensationalism and hyperbole to try and do it.

I will sleep just fine as well. You haven't caused me even an ounce of guilt or remorse other than the fact I allowed you to make me angry for a while. That happens when people mock the future death of a friend of mine.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/bb9.gif

Julius Jones said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/bb9.gif

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/marijuana.gif and don't you think that enough people have already donated and are donating to the tsunami people? why haven't people donated to those in Africa who don't have water or food? i would say why but i wont because then people will tell me that i am a fing awesome person or something but there are more people who need help then those affected by the tsunami.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:

Before I move this thread to the SmackTalk Forum, I'd like to weigh in...

A person isn't their mistakes...referring to Hayes as a "drug dealer" as if that is all he was, even after his death, is as un-Christian as it gets...It's not the way our society works...and in fact, if one REALLY wants to be generous, it takes alot more effort to forgive than it does to write a check.

Excerpting an article written by Frank Luksa:

Hayes knows regrets, but they are past-tense and beyond recall to alter. He sounded to have reached an accommodation with who he was years ago as opposed to who he is today.

"You have adversity in life. Nobody is perfect. That's why you have to live on life's terms. I'm comfortable and peaceful," he said.

I hope it's true. Hayes is a kind heart with natural inclination to please others, a trait that often led him in the wrong direction. Yet when the next Ring of Honor nominee is named and a forgotten Hall of Fame candidate revealed, he should be first in line for both honors.