Game of Thrones Season 3

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Future;5054623 said:
:laugh2: I had the same problem. I don't have HBO so I have to watch online the next day. Big pain in the you-know-what.

But man, what a great episode. I'm really interested to see what happens with Margaery (sp?). Seems like she's just setting Sansa up to get screwed

Knowing about Margaery's brother, not likely.;)

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
speedkilz88;5054637 said:
Knowing about Margaery's brother, not likely.;)

Zing. Was getting ready to make a similar joke, then I read this comment =(

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Future;5054623 said:
:laugh2: I had the same problem. I don't have HBO so I have to watch online the next day. Big pain in the you-know-what.

But man, what a great episode. I'm really interested to see what happens with Margaery (sp?). Seems like she's just setting Sansa up to get screwed

I can post a link 30 minutes after each Eastern time airing, if people need them.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
viman96;5055364 said:
:laugh2: I won't post the link b/c there's some language, but the Buzzfeed of her from the last episode is fantastic.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Future;5054623 said:
Seems like she's just setting Sansa up to get screwed

I don't think so. After the conversation with the Grandmother (who is a complete hoot - I love her!) and her in the garden when Sansa tells them about Joffrey, I think that Margaery wants to help her.

She is very driven to be the Queen, but not to be a dirtbag. Ref: Orphans of King's Landing, telling the people in charge to come directly to her if they need anything.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Margaery and her grandmother only want to help themselves. They want to be aligned with (and control) both the Lannisters and and the Starks through marriage.

arglebargle

Reaction score
theogt;5055529 said:
Margaery and her grandmother only want to help themselves. They want to be aligned with (and control) both the Lannisters and and the Starks through marriage.

Yeah, that was my take too. They are very sharp political players, and one of the reasons that Little Finger wants Sansa is the same one that they can see the value in.

And...Diana Rigg!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;5055529 said:
Agree completely. I think her kindness is pretty superficial.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Future;5055823 said:

I think her kindness is somewhat genuine, but I certainly think she's playing the game. I think she'd be polite and sweet to Sansa regardless, but the marriage ploy is 100% game.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't think she's evil or anything. But I definitely agree that she is FAKE as can be the way she is around people. It's all about her being queen and who she can control.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Faerluna;5055517 said:
I don't think so. After the conversation with the Grandmother (who is a complete hoot - I love her!) and her in the garden when Sansa tells them about Joffrey, I think that Margaery wants to help her.

She is very driven to be the Queen, but not to be a dirtbag. Ref: Orphans of King's Landing, telling the people in charge to come directly to her if they need anything.
That last part is a power play.
She cares, but she knows where to gain real power is through the masses--something Joffrey can't grasp quite yet.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
DFWJC;5056604 said:
That last part is a power play.
She cares, but she knows where to gain real power is through the masses--something Joffrey can't grasp quite yet.

Of course. He was stunned when they went out to wave and had a positive reaction from the crowd.

That's why Cersei hates her. She can't manipulate him like Margaery can. :)

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Tywin is such a boss, I love how he makes his kids sit there and wait for him while he works, you know it must be real awkward for his kids sitting there in silence just waiting for the right time to blur something out and get his attention.

Joeffrey is in for a rude awakening here. I'm sure tywin will put him in his place soon enough, and when that happens there will be nothing him, his kings guard or his mother can do about it.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Future;5055823 said:

I think she's a good person at heart, but she understands the game of power and knows how to play it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DallasDomination;5058409 said:
Tywin is such a boss, I love how he makes his kids sit there and wait for him while he works, you know it must be real awkward for his kids sitting there in silence just waiting for the right time to blur something out and get his attention.

Joeffrey is in for a rude awakening here. I'm sure tywin will put him in his place soon enough, and when that happens there will be nothing him, his kings guard or his mother can do about it.

Tywin is a true dbag. He wields power without mercy and that never lasts forever. As a father/grandfather he's raised an incestuous duo and a scat-headed sadistic moron. He should really investigate his own moral compass. He is constantly chastising Tyrion for his bed partners but ignores the fact his Kingly grandson is a product of incest.

I've read the books so won't go into detail but Tywin is involved in my favorite scene of the entire series....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DallasDomination;5058457 said:
I think she's a good person at heart, but she understands the game of power and knows how to play it.

She's definitely the ideal queen. She is dripping with honey but but certainly knows the benefits of doing so. She's mastered the subtlety that the Lannisters so sorely lack. It is a game after all.

I am pretty sure I love her; but in the back of my mind she scares me far worse than the Queen. She hasn't set any limits on her own behavior yet and seems willing to cater to nimrods most sadistic side.