Game of Thrones Season 3

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5079619 said:
Don't say that where he can hear you :eek:

If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore.

:p:

honyock

Reaction score
As someone who hasn't read the books, I'm about half afraid to read this thread for the potential spoilers. But I can't help myself. This season has been just freaking outstanding.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is odd how there are some things I am waiting on to be shown on the TV show however at the same time there are other things that I just completely forget. Sure it has been some time since I read the books but I am occasionally shocked that I completely forgot about a part.

This happened with this last episode where I completely forgot about the bear. I will not say anymore as not to ruin it for anyone who has not seen it yet but I completely forgot all about that part of the book and it was such an awesome part that I am shocked I forgot it.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;5083036 said:
It is odd how there are some things I am waiting on to be shown on the TV show however at the same time there are other things that I just completely forget. Sure it has been some time since I read the books but I am occasionally shocked that I completely forgot about a part.

This happened with this last episode where I completely forgot about the bear. I will not say anymore as not to ruin it for anyone who has not seen it yet but I completely forgot all about that part of the book and it was such an awesome part that I am shocked I forgot it.

Good scene, but they took all of Jaime's best lines from the book.

"I only save Maidens" and "I dreamed of you"

Good episode all around. Another somewhat boring set up episode for what should be a very eventful final 3.

I feel like Sansa's character in the show has regressed quite a bit. She's much more like she was in season 1 for some reason even though they showed her character changing plenty in season 2 so she wasn't such a naive little girl.

Having Sansa ask things like "Do you think my family will be allowed to come to the wedding?" I mean seriously? And "Did your mother teach you"? Good lord lol. I love how Magery was just kinda like.. uh yes.. my mother did.

Also made her seem really shallow with her dislike of Tyrion being a dwarf. IN the books Tyrion is actually far less attractive (and his scar from Season 2 is far more severe), far less of a white knight, and there is no one telling her how he's not that bad looking. She just comes off as one of those "But he's a dwarf, ew icky" in that scene.

Magery telling her that her sons will be Lord of Winterfell some day, and her just kinda being ok with that statement is a tad bit annoying too. Robb her brother is Lord (King) of Winterfell, he'll only not be lord if he dies, so her son inheriting would only happen it Robb were to die.

I donno she just seems much more like her Naive season 1 self this season, and a lot less like the "I have been through some HORRIBLE things and am basically a prisoner who hopes my brother wins his war and kills all of these people" self from season 2.

I will say that the Tywin/Joffery scene was fantastic, as was the Daenarys/Yunkai scene.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good episode last night...for many reasons.:laugh2:

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Had no complaints about this episode.

The Tyrion/Sansa wedding was done well. Everything else was enjoyable. Love the new Daario.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5086739 said:
Had no complaints about this episode.

The Tyrion/Sansa wedding was done well. Everything else was enjoyable. Love the new Daario.
I thought it was a bit of a boring episode, but interesting nonetheless.

I think it was pretty obvious when they first found that obsidian that it would be key to killing the white walkers, glad they finally cleared that up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Haven't read any of this thread but im already on the 7th or 8th episode of season 2.

The Khaleesa chick just got her dragons stole and she is trying to get them back.

Probably won't read any of the comments but im loving this show.

I hate how they introduce these crazy characters like the White Walkers and the Smoke Man guy and then they just go away for a long time.

The show is awesome though.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Future;5086989 said:
I thought it was a bit of a boring episode, but interesting nonetheless.

I think it was pretty obvious when they first found that obsidian that it would be key to killing the white walkers, glad they finally cleared that up.

Indeed it was a bit slow and boring. Good Dialogue though.

Next episode is the true test :)

Wish it wasn't 2 weeks away. There will not be an episode next week, due to the holiday.

I am literally salivating over the next episode, going to be watching it with my mom who has not read the books. Daenarys is her favorite character, with Robb Stark a close second. She's very excited at the thought of Robb taking Casterly Rock! :eek::

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5087040 said:

Wish it wasn't 2 weeks away. There will not be an episode next week, due to the holiday.

I am literally salivating over the next episode, going to be watching it with my mom who has not read the books. Daenarys is her favorite character, with Robb Stark a close second. She's very excited at the thought of Robb taking Casterly Rock! :eek::

hahaha

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5087040 said:

Going to have a tissue box handy?

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
GRRM just said they started casting for Styr the Magnar of Thenn, Mace Tyrell and.....Oberyn Martell :D

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;5093021 said:
GRRM just said they started casting for Styr the Magnar of Thenn, Mace Tyrell and.....Oberyn Martell :D

Some Red Viper next season then, good stuff.

Can't wait until tomorrow.

This is literally the single episode/moment I've been waiting to see since Game of Thrones was announced as a TV show. Any time I watch the season 3 commentary and hear them say "This is the season we wanted to get to when we started it all" all I really hear is "This is the scene we wanted to do".

So excited.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Never read the books but I'm rooting for the chick with the dragons.