Game of Thrones: Season 4 *spoilers*

barney

Reaction score
No Sansa shouts for poisoning Joffrey? She seemed to hate him more than anyone and was the one the camera switched too I know it seems far fetched but to me she's the most obvious suspect

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Sansa was too far away. Even looking more closely Olenna would have had to have walked in front of one of the guards in the background. So it would have to be Margaery.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Great episode.

I can't think of a character i've ever hated more than Joffrey and I don't think the kid could have played that role any better.

I have a feeling this season is going to end on the potty ;)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sansa was too far away. Even looking more closely Olenna would have had to have walked in front of one of the guards in the background. So it would have to be Margaery.

After watching it again it has to be Margaery. If it isn't her then the act was done off of the camera.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
****SPOILERS BELOW****
If you want to know who did it and how you can read below. I will put it in white text so you should have to highlight with your mouse to get it.

Sansa was involved but without her knowledge.

The knight that she helped saved by having Joffery turn the knight into the court fool. He was also the one who grabbed her while Joffery was choking and said to leave with him for her safety.

Remember he gave her what he said was his mother's necklace as a thank you for saving his life.

Now at the wedding ceremony Olenna Tyrell, the older lady and mother to Margery Tyrell, was talking to Sansa.

If you have this part DVRed or if you can watch it again, watch very closely. There are several jewels that hang down from the necklace. At one point Olenna is talking to Sansa and is messing with Sansa's hair and then the necklace. She takes one of the jewels off of the necklace and palms it. While she is doing all of this she is talking about how it is terrible to have someone killed at a wedding when she is talking about Sansa's brother Rob. But it is also a sly way of saying the Joffery is going to die at a wedding. After she moves her hand away from Sansa if you look close, and quickly, one of the jewels is missing from the top right side of the necklace. The jewel contained poison.

Later Joffery demands Tyrion to be the cup bearer. Tyrion hands him a cup. Joffery asks for wine in the cup. He then demands that Tyrion kneal before him. He says this a couple of times while Tyrion just stands there holding the cup. Margery defuses the situation by saying the PIE is here. Joffery grabs the cup, takes a Sip and hands it to Margery who puts it down on a table in front of her mother Olenna. The wine was not poisoned by Tyrion as Joffery took a quick sip and did not show signs of being poisoned.

So It is either Margery or Olenna. Now from the show you can not see either person put the poison into the drink but we know it was one of those two.

So Joffery orders Tyrion to bring his wine and Tyrion goes over to the table where Margery put it and hands it to Joffery and we know what happens when Joffery drinks the poisoned wine.

Now in the book...

Littlefinger...yes Littlefinger...arranges for the knight turned court jester to give the necklace to Sansa and in turn Olenna knows about it as she is the one who takes the jewel and puts the poison in the cup.

She knows that nobody would expect her or her daughter of doing it and her daughter is now Queen since she already married Joffery.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have to disagree to a tiny bit of what you said here (response also in white):

Later Joffery demands Tyrion to be the cup bearer. Tyrion hands him a cup. Joffery asks for wine in the cup. He then demands that Tyrion kneal before him. He says this a couple of times while Tyrion just stands there holding the cup. Margery defuses the situation by saying the PIE is here. Joffery grabs the cup, takes a Sip and hands it to Margery who puts it down on a table in front of her mother Olenna. The wine was not poisoned by Tyrion as Joffery took a quick sip and did not show signs of being poisoned.

The cup was on a different table than Olenna. I don't think it was possible for her to do it since she would have had to walk in front of a guard in armor that can be seen when the doves are in the air. So I think she had to pass the poison on to Margaery. She could have slipped it in when Joffrey handed her the cup or possibly when everyone was watching the doves.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
No Sansa shouts for poisoning Joffrey? She seemed to hate him more than anyone and was the one the camera switched too I know it seems far fetched but to me she's the most obvious suspect

I think it is that random guy who gave her the necklace... I forget his name.

** I like this white text thing! **

After watching it again it has to be Margaery. If it isn't her then the act was done off of the camera.

I thought about her to, and just using Joffrey to gain power. She's definitely a gamer.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I will just say this....at one point, you see the guilty person with the poison in their hand, if you look REALLLLL close.

Amazing start to the season, many more surprises to come. Heh.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Good follow up episode to what might be the best of the season. Hard on where to place the "best of" episodes, but I would think it would be in my top five, well behind the Red Wedding, Ned Stark's execution and the battle for Kings Landing.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well, if we thought Jaime was starting to show some redeeming qualities, I think that is kind of out the window.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, if we thought Jaime was starting to show some redeeming qualities, I think that is kind of out the window.

Some fans are kind of mad about that. He did not force himself on her like that in the book it was mutual.

Everything in the book was to make him start on the path to redeeming his character and now they do this in the show.

Just wonder if Martin has his arc going bad in future books so let that go in the series.

Actually here is his own words on it...

“In the novels, Jaime is not present at Joffrey’s death, and indeed, Cersei has been fearful that he is dead himself, that she has lost both the son and the father/ lover/ brother. And then suddenly Jaime is there before her. Maimed and changed, but Jaime nonetheless. Though the time and place is wildly inappropriate and Cersei is fearful of discovery, she is as hungry for him as he is for her.
The whole dynamic is different in the show, where Jaime has been back for weeks at the least, maybe longer, and he and Cersei have been in each other’s company on numerous occasions, often quarreling. The setting is the same, but neither character is in the same place as in the books, which may be why [producers] played the sept out differently. But that’s just my surmise; we never discussed this scene, to the best of my recollection.

Also, I was writing the scene from Jaime’s POV, so the reader is inside his head, hearing his thoughts. On the TV show, the camera is necessarily external. You don’t know what anyone is thinking or feeling, just what they are saying and doing.

If the show had retained some of Cersei’s dialogue from the books, it might have left a somewhat different impression — but that dialogue was very much shaped by the circumstances of the books, delivered by a woman who is seeing her lover again for the first time after a long while apart during which she feared he was dead. I am not sure it would have worked with the new timeline.

That’s really all I can say on this issue. The scene was always intended to be disturbing… but I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons.”

Found it at http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/04/george-r-r-martin-weighs-in-on-game-of-thrones-rape-scene

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I will just say this....at one point, you see the guilty person with the poison in their hand, if you look REALLLLL close.

Amazing start to the season, many more surprises to come. Heh.

Do you see it earlier in the wedding or later?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I notice they managed to somehow magnify the already off-the-charts hate ability of Joffrey right before his demise.
Adios awesome person:D

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I notice they managed to somehow magnify the already off-the-charts hate ability of Joffrey right before his demise.
Adios awesome person:D

Quite a feat considering how big an asshat he already was. Good thing that kid is quitting acting, he'll never live down that role.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Quite a feat considering how big an asshat he already was. Good thing that kid is quitting acting, he'll never live down that role.

I didn't know he was giving up acting. That's surprising, as he was very talented....certainly succeeded in making me hate his character.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score

Idk why, he's a good actor.

Spoilers below

So when is Coldhands goning to show up? Saw that the hound brought up Braavos, no way he's going with her right?

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I didn't know he was giving up acting. That's surprising, as he was very talented....certainly succeeded in making me hate his character.

Yep he wants to finish school, he's been acting since he was a little kid. (he was in batman begins in 2005)