Game of Thrones: Season 4 *spoilers*

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I kind of think that the last few episodes have been pretty...stale or something. Idk. It just seems like they are clinging to overly drawn out plot lines and moving too slowly for my tastes. honestly, I'm getting a very Walking Dead feel from it at the moment.

I think mostly I'm just annoyed by the plot lines of people just walking everywhere. Danaerys is just walking around outside of Westeros, Bram is walking north with his homies, Arya and the Hound have been walking for almost a whole season, half the scenes in King's landing are just people walking around in the gardens (whats her name even says she's sick of them).

The whole "mance rayder" is building a huge army thing is basically like "where's carl?" Every episode there is the threat of him coming, but no progress made anywhere else. So frustrating, especially with that little teaser of whoever it is turning babies into demons. Lets get on with it already.

Buddy, if you think this is a series where every episode something huge happens, then you're missing the whole ****** point.

It's called Game Of Thrones, this isn't spartacus.

If you think Dany is only walking, you're missing the entire point of her arc. She's 17, learning how to rule before conquering an entire continent.

Bran, not Bram, is going towards the 3 eyed crow, and got kidnapped before getting there...again, not just walking. His entire arc is about him growing and learning what his place truly is.

Arya and the Hound don't have much in the books around this time, barely even saw them this season so how can you be annoyed by their 3 scenes? (Which were all very good)

King's Landing? Are you kidding me?

And Mance Raydar has 100K people to march through the snow, waiting for the others to attack castle black...again, with Crasters keep that storyline has had action.

99% of the point of the show obviously passes right over your head, maybe you need a show like spartacus where it's all action and sex and no story-line/depth.

Can't stand people who think "talking scenes" are boring and not worth anything. It's people who obviously don't know what this series is about.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Buddy, if you think this is a series where every episode something huge happens, then you're missing the whole ****** point.

It's called Game Of Thrones, this isn't spartacus.

If you think Dany is only walking, you're missing the entire point of her arc. She's 17, learning how to rule before conquering an entire continent.

Bran, not Bram, is going towards the 3 eyed crow, and got kidnapped before getting there...again, not just walking. His entire arc is about him growing and learning what his place truly is.

Arya and the Hound don't have much in the books around this time, barely even saw them this season so how can you be annoyed by their 3 scenes? (Which were all very good)

King's Landing? Are you kidding me?

And Mance Raydar has 100K people to march through the snow, waiting for the others to attack castle black...again, with Crasters keep that storyline has had action.

99% of the point of the show obviously passes right over your head, maybe you need a show like spartacus where it's all action and sex and no story-line/depth.

Can't stand people who think "talking scenes" are boring and not worth anything. It's people who obviously don't know what this series is about.
Quite possibly the most over-dramatic response ever.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Over dramatic...a little.

Accurate...a lot more than over dramatic.
Its not accurate in the sense that I don't know what's going on or that it's over my head, and the very literal use of "walking" isn't. I get it, their building storylines blah blah blah. And

My point is that I think its taking to long.

End of the day, does it really matter how many cities Dany visits? Does it matter what happens at Craster's after we learn where the babies are taken? If Arya and the Hound aren't even mentioned in the books, do we really need to see them (even though they're scenes are all interesting)? How many times do we need to be told that there aren't enough Men of the Night's Watch to hold against Mance's army?

all the stories that inevitably lead to the big picture are moving I guess, but end of the day, they should progress a lot faster, imo.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not accurate in the sense that I don't know what's going on or that it's over my head, and the very literal use of "walking" isn't. I get it, their building storylines blah blah blah. And

End of the day, does it really matter how many cities Dany visits? Does it matter what happens at Craster's after we learn where the babies are taken? If Arya and the Hound aren't even mentioned in the books, do we really need to see them (even though they're scenes are all interesting)? How many times do we need to be told that there aren't enough Men of the Night's Watch to hold against Mance's army?

all the stories that inevitably lead to the big picture are moving I guess, but end of the day, they should progress a lot faster, imo.

It is faster than the books. And most of it is with good use for the story line. Maybe it is just not for you if have a small amount of patience and mostly like action.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score

I enjoy the fact that they are detailed, makes it interesting.

tecolote

Reaction score

You should wait and judge the season as a whole. You will not be disappointed.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Quite possibly the most over-dramatic response ever.

Call it what you want, you just don't get the major points of the show. It's not an action series. It's a show with tons of story-line that has some action in it.

Skipping story-lines for the sake of action is dumb when each season is an entire book worth of info and details.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I do too, this whole thing is being blown out of proportion lol

My only point is that it seems like the details are getting a bit repetitive, adn that has made a few episodes feel kind of stale. Good grief.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I wish they were even more detailed to be honest.

I could listen to Twyin Lannister talk about his views for hours.

There has been at least 3 episodes this season where at the end I am standing up and fist pumping like the Cowboys just won at the last second game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking forward to a few things his year..if they happen on the.

The Viper and the Mountain
Tywin on the toilet

In the future I look forward to Arya's "training"

tantrix1969

Reaction score
aOenemZ.gif

Phoenix

Reaction score
Great last show! I mean, amazing seeing how big that one dragon has gotten!

MORE DRAGON SHOTS. Ya hear? All the filler shots before and after seemed to just, I don't know, slow the whole episode down.

This is a show about DRAGONS. Come ON. MORE MORE MORE.

Hmm. Lunch today. Crispy fried goat?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man can Peter Dinklage act. He made that entire episode a fantastic experience.

Phoenix

Reaction score
* spoilers alert * spoilers alert * spoilers alert *

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/...ing-down-the-false-testimony-at-tyrions-trial

May 16, 2014
7 Rebuttals to the False Testimony at Tyrion’s Trial

140515-tyrion-shae-1000x665%5B2%5D.jpg

By Katie M. Lucas

Everyone lies in King's Landing, according to Littlefinger's Theory of Political Intrigue. In the case of Tyrion Lannister v. The Good People of Westeros, the deception is in the details. Much of the testimony against Tyrion resurfaced his own words and actions – horrendously out of context. Tyrion's outspoken nature "provided a lot of ammunition for Cersei to ground the evidence against him in reality," series creator D.B. Weiss explains.

Because Tyrion was unable to cross-examine his witnesses, the judges never heard the full story. Below are seven rebuttals in his defense:

140515-tyrion-joffrey-500x333%5B2%5D.jpg

1. "He slapped the king across the face and called him a 'vicious idiot' and 'a fool.' " – Meryn Trant
With the people of Kings Landing's starving during the War of Five Kings, an incensed onlooker pelted King Joffrey with a cow pie. The boy king responded by sentencing his hecklers to death; a riot ensued. With Sansa nowhere to be found and blood in the streets, Tyrion administered the slap heard round the world. The back of a hand seems lenient when you consider that the High Septon lost an arm that day.

giphy.gif