Game of Thrones: Season 4 *spoilers*

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Yeah.. That Jaime Cersei scene in the sept.. went.. a little differently than in the books... lol. Not sure why they portrayed the scene that way. I have to imagine it will turn TONS of people off of Jaime when a lot of them were starting to come around to liking him.

Overall another good episode though.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah.. That Jaime Cersei scene in the sept.. went.. a little differently than in the books... lol. Not sure why they portrayed the scene that way. I have to imagine it will turn TONS of people off of Jaime when a lot of them were starting to come around to liking him.

Overall another good episode though.

I think the execution was flawed, but ultimately it was the basically the same thing. Hopefully it will be a little clearer tonight.

dogberry

Reaction score
Great, I'm scanning every white portion of screen for secret messages. Read the books with both eyes closed so I missed a lot of detail.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Interesting episode. I'm ready for **** to go down North of the wall.

Smith22

Reaction score
I've really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. Good stuff. At least this will keep my interest because Vikings is almost over. :(

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if you were not sure who killed Joffery before last night's episode, you should after you watch it.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Ok so, those are probably some of the biggest deviations from the books I've seen so far.
That ending felt like spoilers for book readers... =/

I really liked the episode, but the changes scare me. They've done a good job with changes so far, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but one of the changes already impacts a rather significant moment in Jon's future storyline in an indirect way.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Having not read the books, do they ever make a bigger fuss over the dragon's glass or w/e its called? Seems vitally important but they don't really talk about it much.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Having not read the books, do they ever make a bigger fuss over the dragon's glass or w/e its called? Seems vitally important but they don't really talk about it much.

It's mentioned in the books fairly often, but in the books as in the TV show, it's not like there is simply some readily available supply of the stuff, so it really hasn't been a big issue so far. Not exactly a lot of Volcanic activity north of the wall.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lysa = Lassie from the 80's movie Porkys

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Liked the last episode until the end.

Highlight the text below to read more, as there are some spoilerish things.

A lot of lazy storytelling at Crasters. Another "near miss" one of the cheapest ways to create suspense/drama, that was already used with the exact same 2 characters last season (Bran/Jon). At this point there was no reason not to have Jon/Bran meet up, or at least come up with a better reason for them not to meet. "He'll take you back to castle black", why would he? Plenty of reasons for him not to. If anything Locke showed that it would be no more safe at Castle Black for Bran than anywhere else. Just all around lazy writing with that situation, for no other reason than to create some lame tension in the scene.

Loved the Karl vs Jon fight, but hated the ending. Such massive character induced stupidity written in there. Hurr I"m just gonna ignore Jon who has his sword right next to him, put my back to him, and slowly walk up to a chick to stab her. Karl the Legend indeed. Loved the death shot though, looked like a giant metal tongue shooting out. I've also still yet to figure out a single plausible reason why these guys would be capturing super huge and dangerous Dire Wolves, and keeping them alive. But whatever, I guess it's hard to come up with reasons for why the Direwolves aren't there eating people when stuff goes down.

Loved the rest of the episode though. Lysa was the perfect amount of bats**t crazy. Though I wonder if the significance of her reveal to Littlefinger went over non book readers heads. Should be the moment when people realize Littlefinger caused pretty much all the conflict since season 1.

The Arya/Hound bit was probably one of my favorite scenes of the season so far. These 2 need a spin off series.

Brienne looks amazing in her armor, look forward to her and Pod's adventures.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Just watched the past two episodes back to back yesterday. Blown away. Just fantastic stuff. I have not read the books, so everything is totally new and unexpected for me. Heck, so new and unexpected that I was stunned and shocked at several of the big events, starting with Ned Stark, and continuing on. Looks like some dragons in next week's show!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I kind of think that the last few episodes have been pretty...stale or something. Idk. It just seems like they are clinging to overly drawn out plot lines and moving too slowly for my tastes. honestly, I'm getting a very Walking Dead feel from it at the moment.

I think mostly I'm just annoyed by the plot lines of people just walking everywhere. Danaerys is just walking around outside of Westeros, Bram is walking north with his homies, Arya and the Hound have been walking for almost a whole season, half the scenes in King's landing are just people walking around in the gardens (whats her name even says she's sick of them).

The whole "mance rayder" is building a huge army thing is basically like "where's carl?" Every episode there is the threat of him coming, but no progress made anywhere else. So frustrating, especially with that little teaser of whoever it is turning babies into demons. Lets get on with it already.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
TYRION!!!! Like a boss!

Should use the same Speech as his Emmy acceptance speech !

Great Episode. Had a few issues with the Attack on the Dreadfort, it was all very rushed, but I understand what it was used to do. The whole "let loose my dogs" thing and the instant cut to them getting back on their ships just kinda felt rushed and sloppy, but ah well.

So many good things coming over the next 4 episodes. Big event in each one.