Game of Thrones Season 5 ***spoilers***

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
There's way to much potential for a prequel not to get one eventually. It probably won't be until after the final book is released, but exploring the Targaryen's, be it 20 years before or 100 years before has a lot of potential to be a great show.

I read somewhere that the only hold up with doing a "Targaryen" show would be the production costs.... Dragons are expensive!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea who the riders around kahleesi were?? We're they dragos original army.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the only hold up with doing a "Targaryen" show would be the production costs.... Dragons are expensive!

It would depend on which era they choose to base the series around. They have a 200 year time frame they could create the series around that wouldn't feature dragons at all. I'm not sure which specific era they would target, but Roberts Rebellion would be close to the top of my wish list.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
They were Dorthraki Khal's ... Yes, Drogo's people.

If I remember correctly (from the book) they are rivals of Drogo.

I honestly don't remember though. There's a reason she took the ring off (moon & stars). If they were Drogo's army, wouldn't she keep the ring on?

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
If I remember correctly (from the book) they are rivals of Drogo.

I honestly don't remember though. There's a reason she took the ring off (moon & stars). If they were Drogo's army, wouldn't she keep the ring on?

The Army was was splintered, correct? They are all Kahl's, and Dorthraki, no?
If not necessarily allies of Drogo. I thought the ring was Hizdahrz's. Dropping evidence of their engagement, and leaving breadcrumbs at the same time.

Maybe we'll find out in next week's episode? ;):D

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
Considering that Winter is coming and the White Wakiers comes with it, I think I would catch the first boat across the narrow sea that they keep talking about. I don't think the White Walkers are a problem in the lands across the sea. I keep reading about the WW killing all of mankind, but are they a threat to the desert countries such as the lands where the Dorthraki are from? Are there any hints in the books? Another question, how high is Littlefinger going to rise? He doesn't get discussed much in this thread, but the guy is smart and he plays the game very well. What is his fate in the books? I can understand why he is not popular with fans, but I have come to respect his ability and his rise in political power.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Considering that Winter is coming and the White Wakiers comes with it, I think I would catch the first boat across the narrow sea that they keep talking about. I don't think the White Walkers are a problem in the lands across the sea. I keep reading about the WW killing all of mankind, but are they a threat to the desert countries such as the lands where the Dorthraki are from? Are there any hints in the books? Another question, how high is Littlefinger going to rise? He doesn't get discussed much in this thread, but the guy is smart and he plays the game very well. What is his fate in the books? I can understand why he is not popular with fans, but I have come to respect his ability and his rise in political power.

In the books, the long winter (the one from stories) reached beyond Westeros.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
***Season 6 spoilers***

http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

I think we can call it a confirmation that Jon is revived and we see Ned making his promise. From a casting call:
Legendary Fighter: A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a famous sword. The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn’t specified, unlike many other roles.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

jnday

Reaction score

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Sorry but this confused me. How does this mean Jon is being revived and what promise are you referring to? Feel free to DM me if it contains some major spoilers, but I would love some clarification if you don't mind.
The character is Arthur Dayne, who is regarded as the best swordsman in recent history in Westoros. He carried a famous sword named Dawn. The story goes, Rhaegar Targaryan had Lyanna Stark put up in a tower where she gave birth to Jon. After Robert's Rebellion, Ned Stark took some men to rescue Lyanna from the tower. Ned and six other men fought and defeated Dayne (who was protecting Lyanna at the tower) and found Lyanna dying, presumably from child birth. Before she died she made Ned promise to protect Jon. His character being in the show means we're getting a flashback showing Jon's birth.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That info is the casting call for an actor to play Sam's father. I look forward to seeing him. He has one of the remaining swords and he is supposed to be a one of the best fighters in the kingdom.

Unlikely to be Randall Tarly, since he is a lord and not a knight, but he does have a legendary sword. I would say that the part about "paragon of knighthood" seems to indicate that it is not Tarly because that would seem to contradict what we know about him through Sam.

But I do think there was a different casting call for Randle Tarly

jnday

Reaction score
Unlikely to be Randall Tarly, since he is a lord and not a knight, but he does have a legendary sword. I would say that the part about "paragon of knighthood" seems to indicate that it is not Tarly because that would seem to contradict what we know about him through Sam.

But I do think there was a different casting call for Randle Tarly

I had read that Randle Tarly was a knight that was one of the best fighters in the kingdom. From the casting call info, the website "the Watchers on the Wall", was assuming that Randle would appear next season. It would also fill in the backstory of the reason that Sam was not well liked by his father. Another casting call is for a woman that has a particular soft spot for one of her children , assumed to be Sam, and how she relates to her favorite son. The other casting call was for a pirate that is assumed to be Theon's uncle that has come back to rule the Iron Islands. This hints that Theon's father is dead. There are a couple of parts that fits Ned's and Robert's description as young boys that are assumed to be for flashback scenes. I am sure the book readers may disagree or can straighten this information out. I am just sharing what I have read and I have no ideal what next season will bring, but it is a safe bet that a Stark will be killed. That is a must for the GOT season . Now hash it out and tell me what is going to happen.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I had read that Randle Tarly was a knight that was one of the best fighters in the kingdom. From the casting call info, the website "the Watchers on the Wall", was assuming that Randle would appear next season. It would also fill in the backstory of the reason that Sam was not well liked by his father. Another casting call is for a woman that has a particular soft spot for one of her children , assumed to be Sam, and how she relates to her favorite son. The other casting call was for a pirate that is assumed to be Theon's uncle that has come back to rule the Iron Islands. This hints that Theon's father is dead. There are a couple of parts that fits Ned's and Robert's description as young boys that are assumed to be for flashback scenes. I am sure the book readers may disagree or can straighten this information out. I am just sharing what I have read and I have no ideal what next season will bring, but it is a safe bet that a Stark will be killed. That is a must for the GOT season . Now hash it out and tell me what is going to happen.

I don't think Tarly was raised from a knight to a lord, I think he comes from a prominent family and thus was never a knight. There was another casting call, that I can't seem to find that gave a different description and I think that was Randall Tarly. But even if Tarly was a knight (he lead his men against Robert Baratheon), he was not a paragon of knighthood.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
found it http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-season-5-6-casting-characters/

This is Randyll Tarly:

Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros- a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline.