BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh...It would appear there is no Lady Stoneheart

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Ok so I waited since season 2 to watch the Black Fish in action just so they can kill him off in the most anticlimactic fashion ever?

Give me a break...someone tell me he's alive please.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ok so I waited since season 2 to watch the Black Fish in action just so they can kill him off in the most anticlimactic fashion ever?

Give me a break...someone tell me he's alive please.

doubt it, he made it clear he was not running and intended to die fighting for his home.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Oh...It would appear there is no Lady Stoneheart

IMO, they are seriously screwing off the story. It's becoming sickening. It's almost if they are running bait and switch on the story-lines, yet the switch is complete uninspired trash.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, they are seriously screwing off the story. It's becoming sickening. It's almost if they are running bait and switch on the story-lines, yet the switch is complete uninspired trash.

Some of them I don't mind.

The whole story line with Tryion traveling with the group of people who had a young man who most thought were dead and he was going to try and marry the Kahleesi only for her to reject him and him try to prove himself by facing the dragons and getting burned alive...A complete waste of time in the book IMO. Thankfully they did not waste a lot of screen time on that like they did in the book.
The other part was the other Dwarf that Tyrion took care of for some time to basically make up for her brother getting killed because he was a dwarf and they were killing male dwarfs to pass on as Tyrion in hopes of getting titles and lands...another wasted story line IMO.
They also passed over on Sawell, Gilly and Maseter Aemon on the ship going on and on before he finally died. They just had him die at the wall.

So there are times I don't mind when they get rid of some story lines or prune them down to make way for more screen time on other plots. Another one in the book was them sending Ramsey a fake Sansa...they did not even bother with that on the show.

I don't know that we need a Lady Stoneheart in the series. I mean it was cool in the book but what purpose would it really serve other than to show someone can come back from the dead and we already have seen that enough. Also in the books IIRC Lady Stoneheart has Brienne killed. I think Brienne has been a bit of a surprise to the writers in that many like her they even started a Brienne and Tormund flirtation to get the female fans more interested in the two.

I think sometimes we get upset because it is just not the same as in the books. We know what happens in the books so in some way it makes us feel a tad superior to the fans watching the show that have never read the books.

But I will say this just as I have said about Stephen King and Thomas Harris...they can write good books but sometimes I think they go a little over board and need to reign things in. It is in part why it is taking him so long to complete these series if he finishes them at all.

I like when the show writers trim and prune them some. They get to the key points and in some ways even go overboard in their own way to set up what is coming where the books at times can be sparse in that area because he goes too long explaining long forgotten wars while dropping one line of clues among a hundred lines of dialogue.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So do the Brotherhood without Banners eventually join a side and help out...like somehow if Arya Returns and wind up meeting the hound does he convince them to join her Families cause if they some how give the brotherhood some land in the north?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
See, I really wanted to see Tyron and the female Drawf just for the sole purpose of watching him ride the pigs. :laugh:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
So do the Brotherhood without Banners eventually join a side and help out...like somehow if Arya Returns and wind up meeting the hound does he convince them to join her Families cause if they some how give the brotherhood some land in the north?

Beric Dondarrion was originally a Stark house supporter, so I figured they end up joining the Starks/Wildlings/House Tully/House Arryn, and of course many of the other northern house with maybe the exceptions of the Glovers since Robbett (it was Robbett right?) Glover is likely to be executed for refusing to support Sansa when she came to ask for their support.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question for readers of the book:

Is it possible that Theon and Yara will beat their uncle to the punch by sailing their fleet into Meereen harbor, easily destroy the slavers fleet bombarding the city (I doubt slavers know how to wage a sea battle) and create a pact between the exiled Greyjoys and Daenerys? They had a huge jump on Euron, who must rebuild the Iron Islands fleet from scratch. Maybe I'm just hoping it would happen that way. I like the siblings much more than their uncle. And I think they would be better partners for Dany, who I really REALLY want to end up ruling the Seven Kingdoms.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is it possible that Theon and Yara will beat their uncle to the punch by sailing their fleet into Meereen harbor, easily destroy the slavers fleet bombarding the city (I doubt slavers know how to wage a sea battle) and create a pact between the exiled Greyjoys and Daenerys? They had a huge jump on Euron, who must rebuild the Iron Islands fleet from scratch. Maybe I'm just hoping it would happen that way. I like the siblings much more than their uncle. And I think they would be better partners for Dany, who I really REALLY want to end up ruling the Seven Kingdoms.

Could be wrong, as there are many things I forget from the last book...but I don't think the book has gotten this far yet. However your scenario seems plausible enough to me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the Umbers do, I would consider that extremely poor writing. They turned Rikon over to Ramsey, who could've killed/mutilated him on the spot. To be honest, Rikon could be dead now. Now if they never showed Rikon, you could argue that they sacrificed Shaggy Dog to make this plan work (at the time Jon hadn't even decided to march South to Winterfel) and they never turned over Rikon, but no plan that allies you with the Starks can include turning Rikon over to Ramsey.

Look at what they did from episode 6, 7, and 8 with Arya.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was the rumour Cersei was talking about? The guy asked if she remembered the rumour she wanted him to see if was just a rumour or something more and confirmed it was something more. Probably really obvious but I can't think what it was

Curious about this as well.
I read something on some other site where they thought the rumor spoke of Wildfire and that Cerscie plans to use it but that did not seem right because she knows that wild fire is real as she was the one that told them to make it before and Tyrion found out and used it to repel Stannis.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the Prophecy of the Valonqar. Baring them changing the story more, Jamie will kill Cersei. Jamie just said he would do anything for Cersei. (this is after she tossed him a side too) My bet is his new full blown dedication is a twist to throw us of. When in fact, he will fulfill the Prophecy of the Valonqar given to her (Cersei) by Maggy the Frog.

Jamie is on his way back to King's Landing. Cersei will likely set fire to King's Landing and for whatever reason. Jamie will slay her AFTER Tommen dies. (from the Prophecy)

Link to Maggy's Wikipedia page where the text of the prophecy can be read.

KILL HER JAMIE! DIE KING TOMMEN! (Tyrion isn't even in Westeros to kill her, so it has to be Jamie)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Curious about this as well.
I read something on some other site where they thought the rumor spoke of Wildfire and that Cerscie plans to use it but that did not seem right because she knows that wild fire is real as she was the one that told them to make it before and Tyrion found out and used it to repel Stannis.

It has to be wildfire beneath the Sept. If it's not that then who knows.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the Prophecy of the Valonqar. Baring them changing the story more, Jamie will kill Cersei. Jamie just said he would do anything for Cersei. (this is after she tossed him a side too) My bet is his new full blown dedication is a twist to throw us of. When in fact, he will fulfill the Prophecy of the Valonqar given to her (Cersei) by Maggy the Frog.

Jamie is on his way back to King's Landing. Cersei will likely set fire to King's Landing and for whatever reason. Jamie will slay her AFTER Tommen dies. (from the Prophecy)

Link to Maggy's Wikipedia page where the text of the prophecy can be read.

KILL HER JAMIE! DIE KING TOMMEN! (Tyrion isn't even in Westeros to kill her, so it has to be Jamie)

Maybe Jamie doesn't physically kill her but unknowingly puts her in a position to be killed.

Like he tells one of his guards to take out anyone who is in a room and she happens to be in there or something a long those lines.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe Cersei setting the fire and the fire kills Tommen and that's why Jamie kill's Cersei.

4329eaad883fb16081928c2f7218a0a8c372e2442d5b14bd6da4db0165e72b3c.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Maybe Jamie doesn't physically kill her but unknowingly puts her in a position to be killed.

Like he tells one of his guards to take out anyone who is in a room and she happens to be in there or something a long those lines.

I think it's more likely that he kills her because her hatred gets out of control from her mass murdering the people of King's Landing which ends up killing their son. That seems quite reasonable. (if someone killed my child, they wouldn't live long either)

Kevinicus

Reaction score

This is very different from the books.

There.....

Asha (her name in the books) is up north and she and Theon are both with Stannis (I think both are captive - Asha for sure is) as he is caught in the snow on his way to Winterfell. She was reluctantly doing what Euron asked of her while at Deepwood Motte I think. He sent his brother, Victarion (who is not on the show) to win over Dany.

But considering, on the show, they were already in Volantis last week, I'd say it's very likely they would beat Euron to Mereen.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's more likely that he kills her because her hatred gets out of control from her mass murdering the people of King's Landing which ends up killing their son. That seems quite reasonable. (if someone killed my child, they wouldn't live long either)

Could you see her screaming burn them all over and over in some crazy mad glee ala the mad king and Jamie having to go back and do what he did to the Mad King.