Game of Thrones Season 6

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I the only one who missed her son(King) jump out of the building after the explosion??
You may not be alone. The scene happened so quickly and without warning. I think those not surprised were fans who watched every Tommen scene in anticipation of the witch's prophecy being fully fulfilled:

Tommen suicide didn't surprise me as much as the scene not explaining his motivation. Utter despair is an obvious answer but what was the final trigger?

Was it the weight of his crown? Tommen accepted the responsibility begrudgingly but he always went with the flow basically.

Was it the shock of the explosion? It was terrible but not something he couldn't absorb.

Was it finally comprehending how evil his mother was and couldn't deal with it? Perhaps. Tommen loved his mother but Cersei committed mass murder. Maybe the two realizations conflicted so badly that it created a bleak depression.

Was it his appreciation of his subjects or his newly found dedication to the Faith of the Seven--many of whom were quickly snuffed out? To me, the show never examined how Tommen felt about the people he ruled over. His conversion was a recent and convenient tactic that aided his wife's predicament at the hands of the Seven than anything else. Plus he may have thought his affiliation with the Seven would ultimately save Cersei as well.

Maybe it's the romantic in me but I think Tommen's swan dive was due to the Margaery's death. I believe he truly loved his brother's widow to the point that he didn't wish to live without her. Who knows? I'm just trying to rationalize the end mindset of such a likeable (the opposite of monstrous Joffrey and completely self-absorbed Myrcella) yet weak willed character.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Maybe the show will end with a United Westeros (And Essos for that matter), so, World I guess......The White Walkers defeated......and Jon, Dany and Tyrion wind up in an incestual threesome lol.......OR, The White Walkers could win and the world is just well, ended......

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/Cowboys/ASOIAFENDING_zps7mcuj6yw.jpg

:cool:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You may not be alone. The scene happened so quickly and without warning. I think those not surprised were fans who watched every Tommen scene in anticipation of the witch's prophecy being fully fulfilled:

Tommen suicide didn't surprise me as much as the scene not explaining his motivation. Utter despair is an obvious answer but what was the final trigger?

Was it the weight of his crown? Tommen accepted the responsibility begrudgingly but he always went with the flow basically.

Was it the shock of the explosion? It was terrible but not something he couldn't absorb.

Was it finally comprehending how evil his mother was and couldn't deal with it? Perhaps. Tommen loved his mother but Cersei committed mass murder. Maybe the two realizations conflicted so badly that it created a bleak depression.

Was it his appreciation of his subjects or his newly found dedication to the Faith of the Seven--many of whom were quickly snuffed out? To me, the show never examined how Tommen felt about the people he ruled over. His conversion was a recent and convenient tactic that aided his wife's predicament at the hands of the Seven than anything else. Plus he may have thought his affiliation with the Seven would ultimately save Cersei as well.

Maybe it's the romantic in me but I think Tommen's swan dive was due to the Margaery's death. I believe he truly loved his brother's widow to the point that he didn't wish to live without her. Who knows? I'm just trying to rationalize the end mindset of such a likeable (the opposite of monstrous Joffrey and completely self-absorbed Myrcella) yet weak willed character.

Good question with some very well written out possibilities. The answer is simple though. All of the above. It's the overwhelming realization of all of these factors crashing in on a 12-14 year old boy. He's left with no hope.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

Tommen's swan dive was due to the Margaery's death.

That fool don't know what love really is.. he was upset cause it meant no more pun tang...:D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Instead, it's a sign HBO will explore the idea of a Lyanna Mormont spin off.

A prequel leading up to Roberts Rebellion should be explored. Although I think they would need to recast some of the characters shown in Bran's visions.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
A prequel leading up to Roberts Rebellion should be explored. Although I think they would need to recast some of the characters shown in Bran's visions.

I don't know... I've hear that it will be in that universe, but a little further back... as the rebellion will be expensive because of the dragons...

George R wrote a series called Dunk & Egg (Aegon) that is a strong candidate (maester ameon called out his name before he passed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
They all died off by then? If so, I'm mistaken...
I've still heard the rumors of dunk & egg..

I'm fairly sure they'd been dead hundreds of years, certainly no living person had seen a dragon which was why it was such a big thing when Dany was given the eggs never mind managed to hatch them.
Agree with you about potential spin offs and/or prequels, plenty of options for them

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure they'd been dead hundreds of years, certainly no living person had seen a dragon which was why it was such a big thing when Dany was given the eggs never mind managed to hatch them.
Agree with you about potential spin offs and/or prequels, plenty of options for them

copy...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-XdFjh-d-qQ0/V3TTTMrKqCI/AAAAAAAFJz0/fBJKk2xtp3o01_RJzPatqxc-4HBdTli_A/w346-h443/190MQ.jpeg

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-X8dcsrmTYhw/V3Q6LCf16qI/AAAAAAAFJqQ/KE_GOR_viZse-gFwnLvg6Y5BQAzX4pJDA/w346-h198/19092.gif

jnday

Reaction score

300 years is supposed to been the timeline of the last dragon.