*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There have been hints from the beginning that Tyrion might be a Targaryen bas..tard. The dragons reaction to him was just the strongest case for it.
The dragons' reaction to him seemed to be merely that he was someone their mother trusted, and they sense he had good intentions. If his mother had had an affair, it seems unlikely that Tywin wouldn't have either known or deeply suspected it, and that would have given him more than enough incentive to kill Tyrion, IMO.

nobody

Reaction score
The dragons' reaction to him seemed to be merely that he was someone their mother trusted, and they sense he had good intentions. If his mother had had an affair, it seems unlikely that Tywin wouldn't have either known or deeply suspected it, and that would have given him more than enough incentive to kill Tyrion, IMO.

There is speculation (at least about the books) that the king and Tyrion's mother might have had an affair, or Tywin suspected it and that is partly what caused Tywin to leave and stop being Aerys' hand. Tywin even said to Tyrion that he couldn't prove that he wasn't his son, so he had to put up with him. Now that could be because Tyrion's birth killed his wife and Tyrion being a dwarf was an embarassment, but that sort of statement insults his dead wife's fidelity....and by all accounts he loved her dearly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is speculation (at least about the books) that the king and Tyrion's mother might have had an affair, or Tywin suspected it and that is partly what caused Tywin to leave and stop being Aerys' hand. Tywin even said to Tyrion that he couldn't prove that he wasn't his son, so he had to put up with him. Now that could be because Tyrion's birth killed his wife and Tyrion being a dwarf was an embarassment, but that sort of statement insults his dead wife's fidelity....and by all accounts he loved her dearly.
I think he just liked to hurt Tyrion, because his dwarfism was an embarrassment.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wr2jlWv.jpg

punchnjudy

Reaction score

Cersei: "But I will be queen."
Maggy: "Oh yes, you'll be queen...for a time. Then comes another, younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear."

Good old Maggy the Witch! Surely she would not let me down, would she?

If old Maggy had the answers, the question becomes who is 'younger, more beautiful' than Cersei? Jaime and Tyrion are younger than their sister but are they more beautiful? And is not the term 'beautiful' reserved for women and not men?

Okay. Jon/Aegon is handsome but is he beautiful? I SAY THEE NAY! So! The one who will kick Cersei to the curb, strip everything from her, and who is 'younger, more beautiful' MUST be

giphy.gif

Dany! Dany! Dany! Unless 'younger, more beautiful' means

Sansa-Stark-HD-background-250x250.jpg

BOO! BOO! BOOOOOOOOO!

No. It must be Daenerys Targaryen. She will unseat Cersei and take the Iron Throne. Then her nephew will take the throne away from her and...

Wait. aw crap. :(

I am starting to think old Maggy did not tell Cersei all the fine details.

If I had to pick a world leader from this cast of characters, I'd probably go with the kid Lyanna. All roads will eventually lead to her rule.

sulu1701

Reaction score
One story I read was that Tywin suspected the affair and had a potion concocted and given to his wife to abort the pregnancy, but the potion didn't work the way it was supposed to and caused Tyrion's dwarfism, which in turn killed his mother in childbirth

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One story I read was that Tywin suspected the affair and had a potion concocted and given to his wife to abort the pregnancy, but the potion didn't work the way it was supposed to and caused Tyrion's dwarfism, which in turn killed his mother in childbirth
Sounds plausible, except that Tywin was already at the threshold of murdering Tyrion, just for being a dwarf. If he'd thought he wasn't even his, I think he definitely would have killed him.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Sounds plausible, except that Tywin was already at the threshold of murdering Tyrion, just for being a dwarf. If he'd thought he wasn't even his, I think he definitely would have killed him.
He told Tyrion that he had thought about drowning him when he was an infant, but changed his mind because he was a Lannister, but he couldn't prove that he was or wasn't

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He told Tyrion that he had thought about drowning him when he was an infant, but changed his mind because he was a Lannister, but he couldn't prove that he was or wasn't
Yes, but if he actually had doubts, I don't think he would've hesitated.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Remember, Dany didn't require Jon to bend the knee to join the fight. She joined the fight when she went North. Then she lost Viserion and committed to that fight after she saw the army of the dead. And then Jon bent the knee on his own.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So who dies next week?

my prediction, Sansa, Theon, Davos, one of the dragons, Lady Brienne, Tormund, the eye patch guy, Gentry, and Sam and of course the Night King.
Not the Night King this soon

But wouldn't surprise me if the new projectile/spear tipped with volcanic glass thingy kills him.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But wouldn't surprise me if the new projectile/spear tipped with volcanic glass thingy kills him.
It would be hilarious if Cersei ended up being the person firing the spear. She could yell 'YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY THRONE NIGHT KING!' and try to reload just before Drogon swallows her whole.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Well, lets think about this. This fight is happening now and Cersei is just waiting in the wings. If this fight completes first, then they have 1-2 (possibly 3) episodes to complete the final battle with Cersei. I mean she already said she is going to let the north fight the end and then cleanup whatever is left. Given the North is between the white walkers and Cersei, it seems both probable even if it seems (you would think) it wouldn't be a probable ending since the white walkers have always been the elephant in the back of the room throughout the series.

The only thing I can figure is Cersei comes north and gets caught up in the live / dead fighting. Or maybe the Night King flies south and attacks Cersei while his fighters fight the north. Then all the sudden, you have white walkers in the north and coming up from the south. Everyone dies!!!!