Game Weather Updated... SNOW!!!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I just checked AccuWeather.com. I can usually get the hourly forecast, but I couldn't get it this time. They give an hour by hour forecast. I used them for the Washington game, and they were spot on.

Here is what they say:

High 36 F

Wind Chill 23 F Burrrrrrr.

Winds north at 16mph

Gusts 28 mph

Mostly cloudy, with a couple of snow showers

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Biggems;2456921 said:
rockin around the christmas tree at the christmas party hop.........

sleigh bells ring, are you listenin, hear them ring, snow is glistenin....a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walkin in a winder wonderland

jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way

i'll be fine and dandy, kind of like a hard candy christmas

if we make it through december, everythings gonna be alright I know
I hate you right now. I hope the Spurs lose.

Ren

Reaction score
I love snow games

that said, i don't want to cowboys to play in them they're way to random

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;2456930 said:
I hate you right now. I hope the Spurs lose.

they lost on Saturday night to Houston...they dont play tonight.

Hos cheer up..........cause, Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go. So just hear those sleighbells jingling ring ting tingling too....and then roast your chestnuts on an open fire.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I remember Tecmo Super Bowl....Emmitt never fumbled....but when that snow would come out, he would put it on the turf 2-3 times.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
J-DOG;2456524 said:
I'm more worried about the field conditions.
That field is one of the worst if not the worst in the NFL.
It's real grass too.
They play high school,college and pro during a typical home weekend for the Steelers.
Why they refuse to put in field turf...I have no idea.
The new sod is suppose to be in for this game but if it rains or snows...that new sod will get nasty real quick.

it seems like they resod every year around this time...why?

Brian_C82

Reaction score
That "field" of theirs is total garbage. I saw the 3-0 Monday Night game last year, and am still amazed at how bad the field was. Whoever was responsible for that fiasco should have been guillotined.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I do worry about our offense in that sort of climate. We're a finesse unit that can turn on the raw power to finish out a game, but I don't think we can rely on a strong ground game from start to finish to grind out a win.

When it comes down to it, this is another big challenge for Romo. Not only does he have the December bugaboo, but he needs to find a way to manage the position Sunday while also being a playmaker at the right times. This isn't a game where he can afford one or two outright silly plays, but hope they are nullified by a 300-yard, 3-TD performance. He must know when to take the safe throw -- which will probably be often -- and when it's worth trying to squeeze one in.

This is the sort of game that he might need to win with 168 yards passing, almost Aikman-like. Only thing working against Romo, as previously stated by a different poster, is that Aikman's teams were built for these climates, and as I agree, this current group isn't. So while I say out of one side of my mouth Romo might need to manage the position and win with low stats, the other side of me is wondering if we can really sustain lengthy drives and churn out a 16-14 win or something. It'll be interesting to watch.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
RainMan;2457015 said:
I do worry about our offense in that sort of climate. We're a finesse unit that can turn on the raw power to finish out a game, but I don't think we can rely on a strong ground game from start to finish to grind out a win.

When it comes down to it, this is another big challenge for Romo. Not only does he have the December bugaboo, but he needs to find a way to manage the position Sunday while also being a playmaker at the right times. This isn't a game where he can afford one or two outright silly plays, but hope they are nullified by a 300-yard, 3-TD performance. He must know when to take the safe throw -- which will probably be often -- and when it's worth trying to squeeze one in.

This is the sort of game that he might need to win with 168 yards passing, almost Aikman-like. Only thing working against Romo, as previously stated by a different poster, is that Aikman's teams were built for these climates, and as I agree, this current group isn't. So while I say out of one side of my mouth Romo might need to manage the position and win with low stats, the other side of me is wondering if we can really sustain lengthy drives and churn out a 16-14 win or something. It'll be interesting to watch.

I expect Barber and Bennett to get a lot of checkdowns. They will try to keep Witten, t.o and roy under wraps and obviously stop the run with that athletic unit they have. But we will counter it with dumpoffs and bennetts size will be a matchup problem for them.

Just my prediction but he will have 2 tds and we win 21-17.

Reaction score
The boys cant beat a team like the Steelers in their own enviorment in their own house. They will pound the rock and our defense will have problems finding their footing. A sack/fumble or INT will seal our fate.

If it snows... Its a loss.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2457037 said:
The boys cant beat a team like the Steelers in their own enviorment in their own house. They will pound the rock and our defense will have problems finding their footing. A sack/fumble or INT will seal our fate.

If it snows... Its a loss.

Well aren't you the King of Confidence?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
What concerns me the most about playing in a cold weather game is, the nagging injuries some of our players are suffering from. Ware, Romo, Barber, etc, etc.. The list goes on. And the cold could effect each and every one of them to a point. Take those injuries out of their comfy, warm jacuzzi treatments and place them directly into a freezer. The cold will exaggerate each and every injury to new status.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Meh, bad weather is part of the fun of it, even if it does give them something of an advantage. Bring it on!