Game Week: Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Linehan and Garrett have 3 weeks to prep Dak for this game and they smartly sat him in the last preseason game to limit the amount of film available on him. The NYG will have to respect him as a passer and a runner based on his preseason performance. Dak is a wildcard that is in our favor as no one knows how we will handle himself in a big moment on a big stage in the NFL. I have a feeling they'd rather be preparing for Romo b/c at least they are familiar with what he brings to the table.

The NYG will come ready to rumble and I see a nasty dog fight. However-- Dak will make some plays with his arm and his legs and Zeke and Morris will keep the chains moving.

Dallas 30
NYG 24

seamus18

Reaction score
There's a bit of a new era feeling about this week. Like we could be turning the page on Romo if Dak is legit, and of course we're about to see Elliott for the first time.
I'm right there with you, but for us that were there for the "new era" in 1989 and so excited to see that team take on the NFL, it wasn't pretty. Really getting excited for Dak &Zeke, but trying to keep expectations in check.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Rookie, 4th round QB ... only a Cowboys fan would predict a victory.

You should go over to the Big Blue fan site. They're salivating and chomping on the bit over a Giants blowout.

We had trouble with the Giants with Romo as QB ... you guys really think the rook can handle it in his first game ever? I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

I just hope he shows enough to believe he can grow into our future starting QB.

Go watch the Giants game last year and see how many gifts we gave them (Devin Street and Cole Beasley fumbles). We had zero business winning that game. We'll be ok if we take care of the football.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
with this cowboys defense manning will carve up this team he and obj will both probably have career days

Techsass

Reaction score
Isn't their kicker suspended? So a couple of misses, not sure FG or extra points. say 1 each.
They somehow manage to get a total of 62yds on the ground as Thornton & Collins work on their technique.
Their Oline gives Eli only about 2 seconds to throw. What the heck Eli is a lucky SOB so give him 3 TDs, but in reality probably just 2 given the above stat.

26 points

Dan B puts on a clinic with 3 long FGs.
Zeke matches Eli's 3 TDs after Dez catches a quick slant that he takes for 63yds to the 8 in the 4th qtr.
Oh & TWill got his TD after Lee tips a ball into the waiting hands of Byron inside the Giants 40 just before the half when the safety falls down.

31 points

These New Yorkers can dream all they want. That team has issues.

JDSmith

Reaction score
At least the Cowboys fans who set the Vegas line agree with you.

These Giants games are impossible to predict. Throw in no Tony and I have no idea what's going to happen. I do think Coughlin's a better coach than he's ever been given credit for around here. He left some big shoes to fill, especially for a rookie HC early in the season.

Everyone seems to be overlooking that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Had us losing this game with romo. So obviously still going to say a loss. Usually more sloppy and unprepared than most teams the first 2 weeks. The game won't look as bad as the final score will indicate.

34-17 odell and the beckhams.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the defense at the moment, but I do think the offense will be just fine.

35-28 Giants.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
A rookie named Quincy Carter beat the Giants as a rookie with a much worse supporting cast than this team has around Dak.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Giants have a good QB, good WR, average OL at best and average run game at best. On defense, a good DL and average LB's and secondary.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Giants have a good QB, good WR, average OL at best and average run game at best. On defense, a good DL and average LB's and secondary.

I just see the way Zeke was getting to the second level against the Seahawks ones. If he does that against the Giants he's going to be ripping off huge runs, because the Giants are weak at LB and they don't have a Kam Chancellor at safety.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Rookie, 4th round QB ... only a Cowboys fan would predict a victory.

You should go over to the Big Blue fan site. They're salivating and chomping on the bit over a Giants blowout.

We had trouble with the Giants with Romo as QB ... you guys really think the rook can handle it in his first game ever? I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

I just hope he shows enough to believe he can grow into our future starting QB.
Dallas is favored.

erod

Reaction score
Meanwhile, the Giants keep whiffing on offensive lineman and linebackers. How'd they let Dak Prescott slide to the end of the fourth round? Why did they take Flowers? Why'd they take Pugh and Amakamura? Why can't they find a running back?

Satchel89

Reaction score
38-27 Cowboys. The Cowboys are going to move the ball and score. They're probably going to have a couple of turnovers also. The Giants will have a couple of their own. These teams always play crazy games and I don't think this one will be any different. I just think in the end that Dak will still be like he was in the preseason. Zeke will be good and so will Dez but there will be a couple of big plays from Butler and Escobar. Two guys the Giants wouldn't expect to burn them