Game Week: Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
20-17 Dallas victory. Zeke get 75 yards, Dak 17-27, 210, one TD, defense gets pick six.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This game wont even be close. Dallas by 14 or more. Not because of Dak, because the Giant dream team defense still will not be able to stop the run. Their high priced players are going to be embarrassed. Their O line is in shambles and even with our depleted Dline we still will do a number on them.

Proximo

Reaction score
We've owned NY recently. I believe we beat them 5 or 6 times in a row prior to our loss at the end of last year, which was when we were in full on implosion mode.

They are simply not a very good team.

I believe our O will be too much for them. And while our D might be far from elite, their O looks weak and I don't think they'll be able to take advantage. I also give us the edge on special teams.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I just see the way Zeke was getting to the second level against the Seahawks ones. If he does that against the Giants he's going to be ripping off huge runs, because the Giants are weak at LB and they don't have a Kam Chancellor at safety.

Absolutely think you are right and I think Williams and Bryant will kill man coverage if they bring a safety up into the box.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We haven't stopped the Giants offense at home and I don't think we'll start Sunday. They'll move up and down the field on us. Meanwhile, we'll be starting a rookie QB.

I'm excited about the season and am also excited to see how Dak reacts to meaningful football.

With that being said, this team has proven that it hasn't learned how to win without a healthy Tony Romo on the field. Until Jason Garrett can prove that he can get his team ready with key injuries especially with Romo not playing, it's hard for me to predict a win.

Giants 31
Cowboys 17

Here's to hoping that this team is different and it all comes together this year.
Our defense stopped the Giants offense the last two years.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Average secondary?
I would take their 2 starting corners anyday over ours.

Janoris Jenkins is a corner that gambles and can get burnt. Rodgers-Cromartie is decent but can't handle Dez one on one. I would take them over Claiborne and Carr too, but I don't think Carr and Claiborne are very good either. In addition, secondary includes their safeties, who I don't think very much of.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm sorry to some of you guys...I didn't spend last night tossing and turning afraid that the sun would again come up today.

The 'show' game this Exhibition season, was against Seattle. Tony Romo played an obligatory, three plays...but the Seahawks showed with their dynamic defense and good offense. Hey, the Cowboys made a strong showing and on the shoulders of Dez Bryant, Dak Prescott, and Zeke Elliott.

I don't think, needing a strong-suited group of linebackers, that the Giants replace Seattle on the respectability scale yet...and match that with Elliott hitting close to 50 yards before being replaced in the first half. Heck, in a game setting, Elliott then would have hit a 100+ rushing total.

As to offense, Dak has merit starting out. He proved capable when set in the offensive group around him. But in a cross comparison with the Giants, their offensive line strength is still very questionable. They will have to make teams respect that group, by earning it first on the field.

The Giants have a solid Eli Manning and a top three receiver...but there is some strength in the Dallas secondary now as well. I don't know how much their tight ends or running backs will add in a final analysis...

Cowboys 31
Giants 27

Primetime42

Reaction score
I'm sorry to some of you guys...I didn't spend last night tossing and turning afraid that the sun would again come up today.

The 'show' game this Exhibition season, was against Seattle. Tony Romo played an obligatory, three plays...but the Seahawks showed with their dynamic defense and good offense. Hey, the Cowboys made a strong showing and on the shoulders of Dez Bryant, Dak Prescott, and Zeke Elliott.

I don't think, needing a strong-suited group of linebackers, that the Giants replace Seattle on the respectability scale yet...and match that with Elliott hitting close to 50 yards before being replaced in the first half. Heck, in a game setting, Elliott then would have hit a 100+ rushing total.

As to offense, Dak has merit starting out. He proved capable when set in the offensive group around him. But in a cross comparison with the Giants, their offensive line strength is still very questionable. They will have to make teams respect that group, by earning it first on the field.

The Giants have a solid Eli Manning and a top three receiver...but there is some strength in the Dallas secondary now as well. I don't know how much their tight ends or running backs will add in a final analysis...

Cowboys 31
Giants 27
The Seahawks' defensive system is as basic as it gets. What they play in preseason is what they play in the regular season.

I for one liked what I saw in Seattle, but it doesn't fit the "Dak only succeeded against vanilla" narrative.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
All depends on what we get out of our coaches. Patient running attack, Dallas wins.
Put the game on the shoulders of a rookie QB, Dallas loses.
All comes down to who can out coach who.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Dak 19/25 for 200 yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 rushing TD

Zeke 165 yards rushing 2 TDs on 25 attempts

Dallas destroys the giants on the ground.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
typical game we always see in dallas. close. giants always play great vs us. yes we may end up winning but we are sure to see elis throw and pray plays.. and obj will get some.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
The giants barely beat this team as the walking wounded last year with Cassel at the wheel. I see no reason with a revamped offense and a similar defense we can not win this time around. Dak couldn't ask for a better situation. Romo or not this staff has no excuses game 1.Figure it out. Execute. Get it done. Cowboys 27 Giants 24

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I see a shootout type of game, Dak leads them down and scores a TD late to win it.

Dal 48
NYG 45

Reaction score
The giants barely beat this team as the walking wounded last year with Cassel at the wheel. I see no reason with a revamped offense and a similar defense we can not win this time around. Dak couldn't ask for a better situation. Romo or not this staff has no excuses game 1.Figure it out. Execute. Get it done. Cowboys 27 Giants 24

Well, the Giants did spend half a billion dollars on their defense in the off season and they've got a pretty fearsome trio of receivers, they've improved. Their weak spot is their OL, which unfortunately we may not be able to take advantage of,,, I guess we'll find out.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
A lot will depend how our OL and ground game shapes up , if we would lead defense can play without blowing it . Still think Dak will have rookie moments , and Eli has his usual (luck , oops :rolleyes:) talent , we might trail , that will be disastraous as we may need to rely more on Daks Arm than morris/ elliotts legs . ( at this point , i still think Dak is upcoming fast )

27-21 Cowboys , if we get 150 yards in the ground .