Twitter: Garrett beats Dak in accuracy contests

Hadenough

Reaction score
I still support Dak. I have seen greatness in the kid. But........ last season I saw just as many plays if not more that made you say ***? as I did of him making what could be considered a great play. Its all about this season IMO. If he improves his accuracy and ability to see the field this year than I think were set. If he doesnt? Then we are again looking for a QB in the next draft.
I am totally fine with this but what if he plays about the same as last year and doesn’t really show improvement? I’m worried Dak is going to be just good enough to not look for another QB.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I am totally fine with this but what if he plays about the same as last year and doesn’t really show improvement? I’m worried Dak is going to be just good enough to not look for another QB.
Yeh that will be bad we already had a decade with the previous QB just like that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure he can because if David Carr came into the NFL with a situation like Dak did he could easily have been a Pro Bowler. Don't even try to compare what Carr came into to what Dak did.

249 sacks in 5 years.....

By the way Dak has not proven to have fought through it yet. He has looked a bit scarred since!
easily that a lot of speculation that cant be proven, lets live in the present, Dak is still upright even after that beating he took and as bad as he got last year at times he still showed in some games he can lead this team to wins..

you do realize as much as you want to tear Dak apart and be ready to give up his numbers were still good over the entire season and s bad as you want to rip the Cowboys for 9-7 last year , you realize all that hype that went to Jacksonville last year, they were 10-6.. Blake bortles who had numbers in the same realm as Dak got a big contract extension and they play in a weaker schedule and division..fact.. this whole offseason it shocks me all this hate for some of our players and talking as if 9-7 and what not was so horrible..sure huge disappointment , a lot of what ifs.. Derek Carr had the exact passing numbers less Tds for rushing and made the dang Pro bowl..its being blown out of proportion..now if this continues all season and has that uh oh feeling over that 4 game stretch last year with Dak still not figuring out his form etc..well we can revisit this argument..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do not think so, at this point most NFL starting QB should be able to put a ball where he wants it. MAybe the game was a learning lesson but either way he was missing the spot which was pretty much stationary.
Yeah but it takes actual effort to do it. Dak doesn't even look to be trying.

NotForLong

Reaction score
4 out of 10 random joes from the bleachers beat Dak in an accuracy test.

Amazing some make an excuse for our QB and think a 50 year old man has an advantage due to experience over an NFL QB in his 20's WOW!

I'm 51 and could give Dak a run for this challenge. Dang Dak work on your accuracy dude. Sheesh.
:clap:

aikemirv

Reaction score
easily that a lot of speculation that cant be proven, lets live in the present, Dak is still upright even after that beating he took and as bad as he got last year at times he still showed in some games he can lead this team to wins..

you do realize as much as you want to tear Dak apart and be ready to give up his numbers were still good over the entire season and s bad as you want to rip the Cowboys for 9-7 last year , you realize all that hype that went to Jacksonville last year, they were 10-6.. Blake bortles who had numbers in the same realm as Dak got a big contract extension and they play in a weaker schedule and division..fact.. this whole offseason it shocks me all this hate for some of our players and talking as if 9-7 and what not was so horrible..sure huge disappointment , a lot of what ifs.. Derek Carr had the exact passing numbers less Tds for rushing and made the dang Pro bowl..its being blown out of proportion..now if this continues all season and has that uh oh feeling over that 4 game stretch last year with Dak still not figuring out his form etc..well we can revisit this argument..

I am not tearing down Dak. The statement about Carr was garbage, plain and simple. Don't try to make the argument something that it is not. Carr took a ton of shots. Dak has no clue what that is like, so why take a shot at Carr just because he beat Dak in an accuracy contest.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I will say this for Garrett, he has the best Challenge Flag throwing motion in the league.

ku-xlarge.gif
It pisses me of watching him throw it like that. Looks like he was breast fed till he was 12.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am not tearing down Dak. The statement about Carr was garbage, plain and simple. Don't try to make the argument something that it is not. Carr took a ton of shots. Dak has no clue what that is like, so why take a shot at Carr just because he beat Dak in an accuracy contest.
it was how he remarked about it and it being overblown in the Media.. sorry but Carr was a Bust regardless of the situation and Daks career in two season has already encompassed Carrs, fact..

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yeah but it takes actual effort to do it. Dak doesn't even look to be trying.
So I should give him a pass on a little game he was not even trying. He is an NFL QB he should be up for any challenge even from a backup has been in Garrett. Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion the question is would Romo, or Peyton, or Eli or any other proven QB in the last 10 years have lollipopped it in there. The thing that bothers me is Garrett was not pointing out any flaws on those balls that did not hit the set target.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is done come next season!
Beyond the fact his talent level is lacking the additional pressure on his shoulders now (especially after Dez got the Ax) expect Dak to come apart at the seams by mid-season.
Don't want it to happen as first and foremost Cowboy glory above all but it is destined to as Dak doesn't belong in the HOT SEAT (QB of America's team ) as he simply doesn't have what it takes out there!
Sorry Dak but we're looking for a new QB come the next Draft...unless Mr. Rush can rise to the task?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So I should give him a pass on a little game he was not even trying. He is an NFL QB he should be up for any challenge even from a backup has been in Garrett. Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion the question is would Romo, or Peyton, or Eli or any other proven QB in the last 10 years have lollipopped it in there. The thing that bothers me is Garrett was not pointing out any flaws on those balls that did not hit the set target.
You should't give him a pass for anything. If you chose to go by this video as opposed to what he did against actual NFL competition in 2016? Be my guest. I just can't get up in arms about it. I let his play on the field dictate what he can or can't do.

Billyd

Reaction score
Haven't seen too many accurate ones in the last couple of seasons (though I saw one in the second Philly game in 2016 that Twill should have caught, lol).
I think you confuse when Dak is runnning boots, wags etc, to staying in the pocket..That confuses me..Lol..Try the long balls to butler. they are there, but sometimes i think the fans and the cowboys pay too much attention and thinking into passes from 20-30 or more...If I cut you up with 10,yard passes, And score, does it even matter?

Billyd

Reaction score
You should't give him a pass for anything. If you chose to go by this video as opposed to what he did against actual NFL competition in 2016? Be my guest. I just can't get up in arms about it. I let his play on the field dictate what he can or can't do.

Thats true, I Just try not to forget he is a third year qb now, with a record of 23-10, coming off a year with crappy oline play, down Wr play, etc..And of course the things he had as baggage coming into the league as a 4th rounder..

Billyd

Reaction score
Beyond the fact his talent level is lacking the additional pressure on his shoulders now (especially after Dez got the Ax) expect Dak to come apart at the seams by mid-season.
Don't want it to happen as first and foremost Cowboy glory above all but it is destined to as Dak doesn't belong in the HOT SEAT (QB of America's team ) as he simply doesn't have what it takes out there!
Sorry Dak but we're looking for a new QB come the next Draft...unless Mr. Rush can rise to the task?

I say again, were you one of the ones who wanted Dak to continue in the middle of 2016, instead of going back to Romo.If you were, Id say get some patience. YOUR ilk cost the cowboys a chance to compete for a sb.. Careful what you ask for!

Billyd

Reaction score

You didnt answer my question...Its important so i can judge if you buy a new car every year!!

Billyd

Reaction score

THAT way you said Cowboy glory..I think you should go root for the Eagles..