Recommended Garrett COTY

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Some fans just won't be happy with anything. I'm happy for Garrett. This just might be the confidence booster he needs to get him going.

The guy had 2 rookies in the offensive backfield and a lame duck defense and still got us to 13-3. Appreciate the finer things in life people.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He only won because the league can't give it to Belichick every year
He has only won it 3 times and none since 2010.

2016 Jason Garrett Dallas Cowboys 13-3
2015 Ron Rivera (2) Carolina Panthers 15-1
2014 Bruce Arians (2) Arizona Cardinals 11-5
2013 Ron Rivera Carolina Panthers 12-4
2012 Bruce Arians* Indianapolis Colts 11-5
2011 Jim Harbaugh San Francisco 49ers 13-3
2010 Bill Belichick (3) New England Patriots 14-2
2009 Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals 10-6
2008 Mike Smith Atlanta Falcons 11-5
2007 Bill Belichick (2) New England Patriots 16-0
2006 Sean Payton New Orleans Saints 10-6
2005 Lovie Smith Chicago Bears 11-5
2004 Marty Schottenheimer San Diego Chargers 12-4
2003 Bill Belichick New England Patriots 14-2

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How amazing is it that we have fans who still insist he's a bottom-tier coach?

Remember, when you're tempted to argue with someone on the internet, there are some people willing to pretend to believe literally anything if it comes down to the difference between that and having been anonymously wrong about a topic related to a passtime. People are funny.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It's a regular season award. I have no problem with this. Red and staff did a great job for 15 weeks.

I still think we'll never win anything until we have without question the superior team to all our playoffs opponents. We will be out coached in every playoff game we play, so only exceedingly superior players will carry us. We'll get there.

cml750

Reaction score
The second year head coach of the Falcons who now has his team up 21 - 0 in the Superbowl should have won the award. Garrett will never get to the Superbowl without tickets. It is sad that a second year coach is winning in the Superbowl when our COTY still can't manage a game clock after all this time.

jwitten82

Reaction score
How amazing is it that we have fans who still insist he's a bottom-tier coach?

Remember, when you're tempted to argue with someone on the internet, there are some people willing to pretend to believe literally anything if it comes down to the difference between that and having been anonymously wrong about a topic related to a passtime. People are funny.
He is average, he is just like Marvin Lewis

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The second year head coach of the Falcons who now has his team up 21 - 0 in the Superbowl should have won the award. Garrett will never get to the Superbowl without tickets. It is sad that a second year coach is winning in the Superbowl when our COTY still can't manage a game clock after all this time.

That 2nd year coach blew a huge lead and lost the SB. That second year coach wasted 3 timeouts in the 2nd half that could have played a role on their last possession.

slomoxn

Reaction score
That 2nd year coach blew a huge lead and lost the SB. That second year coach wasted 3 timeouts in the 2nd half that could have played a role on their last possession.
Yeah that's called being a second year coach, 7 years of making those mistakes is a different story. The second year coach made the right decisions all the way to the Super Bowl, ours as I said my concerns were, a playoff team but do we have playoff coaches? Oh well always next year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
After tonight I'm convinced Belichick is coaching against a bunch of idiots.

The NFL coaching is a joke.

slomoxn

Reaction score
LOL. Do you think I'm comparing how much they ran the ball?
People criticized him for not winning any big playoff games. He was good regular season coach. A choker in the playoffs.

People blamed Romo for not being able to win the big one calling him the choker. Well, Romo didn't play this year. If Dak doesn't win any big playoff games, will it again be Dak who gets blamed?
We used to say the one constant in all this was the GM, now who is it?

popp1234

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is now the proud owner of the biggest choke job in Super Bowl history.

He coached his team to the SB. We were the number 1 seed in the NFC and lost our first playoff game, at home, to an injury-riddled team. A team Atlanta blew out the following week. We have no room to talk.