Garrett didn't even freeze the kicker properly

Zordon

Reaction score
I also prefer to ice the kicker with no practice kick. Let him sit there and think about it. It's the extra long thinking that ices them
Of course you would. Especially for a 50 yd kick. Why would anyone want to give someone a practice kick at 50 yds?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm going to quote all of you stooges since you want to play follow the leader with your comments.

This is the exact moment Garrett called timeout. You can see him on the sideline. The side judge is lifting his arms to signal the timeout.

The holder already has his hands up waiting for the snap. A half a second later, the ball is snapped. He had 3-5 seconds prior to this moment to call the timeout and freeze the kicker without giving him a practice kick. If you wait too long, an attentive special teams group will go ahead and kick the ball. That's exactly what happened. He waited too long.

DuEUCEQ.jpg
which is exactly what happens all the time, are you being serious right now?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
either way, it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. ie, you ice Crosby and he misses, but then makes the second and your and idiot. he makes both and you gave him a practice kick. you space it out like Zordon says and you didn't get in his head enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So many coaching screw ups, I almost forgot the final one. Garrett waited so long to freeze the kicker, he essentially gave him a practice kick. When do the training wheels come off this guy?

The ONLY way we will win a SB with Howdy Doody calling game day is if our team is sooo much better than everyone else, we blow people out. We have seen time and time again that if it comes down to end of the game coaching or in game management on the line, Clappy the Clown blows it every time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So we don't even know how to blame everything on Garrett correctly lol. You're blaming for him doing his job this time. You should've made a post dedicated one of his other "mistakes" you feel he made.

You guys couldn't wait to blame Garrett. You waited all season and had no ammo.

When it counted most, Garrett blew it. Simple as that. And you are right...............the ONE time we really needed him to be a competent game day manager or clock manager, he failed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You could tell all these fans were waiting to rail on Garrett this whole season and they could never find the opportunity because we had such a great season. Now that our season's over, we have are usual let's blame everything on Garrett. You're better than this, Zordon.

So tell me this genius........Whos fault is it that we left too much time left on the clock before kicking the field goal? Its simple simple stuff.

Once we were in field goal range, which we were....................the ONLY thing you can do wrong going forward is leave too much time left on the clock. Thats it. The ONLY thing.

You want to kick the field goal...........fine, run the clock down or make them burn timeouts. You want to go for the TD..........fine, do it but make sure you at least run off the clock.

Nothing genius about it.

Now we mainly lost this game because of our inept pass rush. But Garrett blew the clock management down the stretch ONCE AGAIN. He is notorious for it.

And yah, for a nearly perfect season and his best coaching job to date, when it all came down to crunch time, he blew it like he always does.

And I can even forgive our team being unprepared mentally and starting slow. But blowing the clock management is unforgivable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When it counted most, Garrett blew it. Simple as that. And you are right...............the ONE time we really needed him to be a competent game day manager or clock manager, he failed.
Garrett did what it took to win. In hindsight he was bad because he lost. Fair enough. But without him we don't even get to the playoffs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett did what it took to win. In hindsight he was bad because he lost. Fair enough. But without him we don't even get to the playoffs.

LOL..........don't make me laugh. Garrett isnt the reason we made the playoffs. Talk about hilarious.

And how did Garret did what it took to win? We lost. He did EXACTLY what it took for us to lose. By spiking the ball he left way too much time left on the clock. Then two pass plays after that. If you wanted to kick the FG then you run 3 straight run plays. If you wanted to score a TD you either call a timeout, which I wouldnt have done, or you just keep going with the defense on their heals. How does throwing away a down and giving the defense time to catch their breath help you score a TD?

Linehan could have easily coached this team or any other bozo to the playoffs. What did Garrett do exactly that got us to the playoffs? Did he tackle Romo and break his back? Then tackled the backup QB so that our ONLY option was Dak?

You telling me that Zeke and the line doesnt run all over the league without clappy the clown patting fannies on the sidelines?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL..........don't make me laugh. Garrett isnt the reason we made the playoffs. Talk about hilarious.

And how did Garret did what it took to win? We lost. He did EXACTLY what it took for us to lose. By spiking the ball he left way too much time left on the clock. Then two pass plays after that. If you wanted to kick the FG then you run 3 straight run plays. If you wanted to score a TD you either call a timeout, which I wouldnt have done, or you just keep going with the defense on their heals. How does throwing away a down and giving the defense time to catch their breath help you score a TD?

Linehan could have easily coached this team or any other bozo to the playoffs. What did Garrett do exactly that got us to the playoffs? Did he tackle Romo and break his back? Then tackled the backup QB so that our ONLY option was Dak?

You telling me that Zeke and the line doesnt run all over the league without clappy the clown patting fannies on the sidelines?

Garretts tesm and he's the one who gets credit when we win and gets blame when we lose. Prior to Garrettt there was no emphasis on the run or offensive line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garretts tesm and he's the one who gets credit when we win and gets blame when we lose. Prior to Garrettt there was no emphasis on the run or offensive line.

Garrett was pass happy throughout most of his tenure here with the offense . And why does a coach need credit for building an Oline? Isnt that common sense? I have been saying it for 8 years. Others have been saying it too.

Now someone tell Garrett the dope to stop drafting offense and we need some defense. Since 3 years ago when we couldnt stop rogers you think we might have learned. But no, these dopes keep taking offensive players like its going out of style.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett was pass happy throughout most of his tenure here with the offense . And why does a coach need credit for building an Oline? Isnt that common sense? I have been saying it for 8 years. Others have been saying it too.

Now someone tell Garrett the dope to stop drafting offense and we need some defense. Since 3 years ago when we couldnt stop rogers you think we might have learned. But no, these dopes keep taking offensive players like its going out of style.

There's a lot of things that are common sense. But that doesn't mean teams do it. Its common sense but the Cowboys failed to address their offensive line problems. There was a time when Montrae Holland and Doug Free were our best linemen.

In regards to stop taking offensive players......Zeke and Dak were offensive players and they were necessary picks. They took a lot of defensive players this draft as well. Collins, Brown, Jaylon Smith, Frazier......Three of those guy sare expected to be starters next year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There's a lot of things that are common sense. But that doesn't mean teams do it. Its common sense but the Cowboys failed to address their offensive line problems. There was a time when Montrae Holland and Doug Free were our best linemen.

In regards to stop taking offensive players......Zeke and Dak were offensive players and they were necessary picks. They took a lot of defensive players this draft as well. Collins, Brown, Jaylon Smith, Frazier......Three of those guy sare expected to be starters next year.

I am speaking mostly about our first round picks. Other than the safety, they have all pretty much been offense the last 5 years. Love all of them, but its quite clear and has been for years now that this team isnt winning diddly without a pass rush. I honestly think they could have gone all the way this year and won it. But it came down to relying on Clappy the Clown and his clock management and he just simply blew it. And shying away from a run game the Packers couldnt stop was another bad move. Coming out unprepared another Garrett team hallmark.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am speaking mostly about our first round picks. Other than the safety, they have all pretty much been offense the last 5 years. Love all of them, but its quite clear and has been for years now that this team isnt winning diddly without a pass rush. I honestly think they could have gone all the way this year and won it. But it came down to relying on Clappy the Clown and his clock management and he just simply blew it. And shying away from a run game the Packers couldnt stop was another bad move. Coming out unprepared another Garrett team hallmark.

What pass rush did you want them to take these last few years in the first round?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What pass rush did you want them to take these last few years in the first round?

Are you saying that there were no quality pass rushers over the last 6 or 7 years that we could have gotten? I actually loved the Gregory pick, but then again, I didnt interview the kid or do research on his issues. We all know how that turned out. Im not a scout, but its quite clear the defense and pass rush has been a secondary concern when it comes to the defense. I do recall a few nice D Tackles they also passed on because they were considered "not right for the system" that turned out pretty nicely.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you saying that there were no quality pass rushers over the last 6 or 7 years that we could have gotten? I actually loved the Gregory pick, but then again, I didnt interview the kid or do research on his issues. We all know how that turned out. Im not a scout, but its quite clear the defense and pass rush has been a secondary concern when it comes to the defense. I do recall a few nice D Tackles they also passed on because they were considered "not right for the system" that turned out pretty nicely.
I'm not sure what "DT's you are referring too....but you implied they went offense over defense and i'm trying to understand who would you rather have gotten? I'm assuming you are referencing the Tyron Smith draft? The Zeke draft? or the Dez draft? The Fredericks draft? or the Zack Martin draft? Which one of these picks should've been on defense? Mind you, we had no offensive line when we took Tyron, Fredericks and Martin.....none of those were luxury picks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what "DT's you are referring too....but you implied they went offense over defense and i'm trying to understand who would you rather have gotten? I'm assuming you are referencing the Tyron Smith draft? The Zeke draft? or the Dez draft? The Fredericks draft? or the Zack Martin draft? Which one of these picks should've been on defense? Mind you, we had no offensive line when we took Tyron, Fredericks and Martin.....none of those were luxury picks.

Its tough to really pin point guys. All of these picks were spot on. And to say that you would rather swap out one of those guys is a tough one. Personally, I would take a pro bowl DE over a pro bowl WR, RB, or guard. So maybe that would answer your question.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its tough to really pin point guys. All of these picks were spot on. And to say that you would rather swap out one of those guys is a tough one. Personally, I would take a pro bowl DE over a pro bowl WR, RB, or guard. So maybe that would answer your question.

I would too but at the same time we haven't had a chance to draft a pro bowl defensive end. The only time there was when it came down to JJ Watt or Tyron Smith and. It's hard to argue against a tackle when or offensive line was far worse grab our defensive line at the time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would too but at the same time we haven't had a chance to draft a pro bowl defensive end. The only time there was when it came down to JJ Watt or Tyron Smith and. It's hard to argue against a tackle when or offensive line was far worse grab our defensive line at the time.

I find that rather ridiculous. So there have been no pro bowl level DE's in the last 7 years? I doubt that seriously. Trading up or down to get one or trading a pick for a current one ect...ect.... The focus has been on offense too much. That is the point. I would take a pro bowl corner as well or a DT.