Garrett didn't even freeze the kicker properly

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I find that rather ridiculous. So there have been no pro bowl level DE's in the last 7 years? I doubt that seriously. Trading up or down to get one or trading a pick for a current one ect...ect.... The focus has been on offense too much. That is the point. I would take a pro bowl corner as well or a DT.

The Cowboys have rarely had a top 10 pick to even get this mysterious pass rush you're referring to. How many 4-3 defensive ends that are pro bowlers do you think there are in this league?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have rarely had a top 10 pick to even get this mysterious pass rush you're referring to. How many 4-3 defensive ends that are pro bowlers do you think there are in this league?

Oh so it has to be a top 10 pick now? Interesting. So in 7 years there is absolutely nothing the Cowboys could have done in the draft to secure a better pass rush? Ok buddy. And Garrett is a hall of fame coach in the making.

Maybe we should take another RB this year eh? LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh so it has to be a top 10 pick now? Interesting. So in 7 years there is absolutely nothing the Cowboys could have done in the draft to secure a better pass rush? Ok buddy. And Garrett is a hall of fame coach in the making.

Maybe we should take another RB this year eh? LOL

Ok who is the boss rusher the Cowboys passed up on in the first round? You keep saying they should've got someone but you're not naming anyone. I gave you JJ Watt but you're naming anyone. I think the problem you're having is you think there are a bunch of pro bowl pass rushers drafted every year and it's tough to find one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok who is the boss rusher the Cowboys passed up on in the first round? You keep saying they should've got someone but you're not naming anyone. I gave you JJ Watt but you're naming anyone. I think the problem you're having is you think there are a bunch of pro bowl pass rushers drafted every year and it's tough to find one.

Why should I do your research for you? I could care less if you think there was no pass rusher in the draft over the last 7 years. There are guys every year. DE's, LBers, DT's. Why dont you educate yourself and take a look.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

But Ill give you a few examples that no doubt you will try to say wasnt possble.

2014 draft we took Zack Martin with the 16th pick. Aaron Donald a stud DT was taken 3 picks earlier at #13. Trade up 3 spots. The guy is arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL. Rated #1 in the NFL in 2016.

I also believe Chandler Jones was traded from the Patriots to Arizona a year or two ago for a 2nd round pick. I would have done that one all day.

Both Chandler Jones and Calais from Arizona are unrestricted FA's this year. Get one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But Ill give you a few examples that no doubt you will try to say wasnt possble.

2014 draft we took Zack Martin with the 16th pick. Aaron Donald a stud DT was taken 3 picks earlier at #13. Trade up 3 spots. The guy is arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL. Rated #1 in the NFL in 2016.

I also believe Chandler Jones was traded from the Patriots to Arizona a year or two ago for a 2nd round pick. I would have done that one all day.

Both Chandler Jones and Calais from Arizona are unrestricted FA's this year. Get one.

So in 7 years all you could was come up with ONE GUY!? That's my point. These guys just aren't there available like you think they are. There's not a Demarcus Ware in every draft.

You can't just "trade up" without giving compensation. The Cowboys were in no position to give up any picks especially at that time. You don't remember how bad this offensive line was prior to getting Zach Martin, Frederick's and Tyron.

Aaron Donald is a beast. I'd love to have him on my team. But Zach Martin has had a better career. Just what it is. Same goes for JJ Watt and Tyron Smith.

My initial question was what pass rusher did the Cowboys pass up and the only thing you can bring up is Aaron Donald who was taken before we picked. But ok.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why should I do your research for you? I could care less if you think there was no pass rusher in the draft over the last 7 years. There are guys every year. DE's, LBers, DT's. Why dont you educate yourself and take a look.

What?! I asked you to name them because THERE AREN'T MANY!!!!! I'm telling you to name them because i'm not seeing them and the only guy you can bring up is Aaron Donald who was drafted before we picked? This could've all been avoided. Next time just admit you don't know anyone and you were just talking out of your rear.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So in 7 years all you could was come up with ONE GUY!? That's my point. These guys just aren't there available like you think they are. There's not a Demarcus Ware in every draft.

You can't just "trade up" without giving compensation. The Cowboys were in no position to give up any picks especially at that time. You don't remember how bad this offensive line was prior to getting Zach Martin, Frederick's and Tyron.

Aaron Donald is a beast. I'd love to have him on my team. But Zach Martin has had a better career. Just what it is. Same goes for JJ Watt and Tyron Smith.

My initial question was what pass rusher did the Cowboys pass up and the only thing you can bring up is Aaron Donald who was taken before we picked. But ok.

I guess you dont read very well. I gave you one example to show you just how wrong you were that there was no one. Like I said, the rest of your homework Im not doing for you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What?! I asked you to name them because THERE AREN'T MANY!!!!! I'm telling you to name them because i'm not seeing them and the only guy you can bring up is Aaron Donald who was drafted before we picked? This could've all been avoided. Next time just admit you don't know anyone and you were just talking out of your rear.

I just proved you dead wrong. Lets move on.

Just because you cant think of any others doesnt mean there arent any. Its just means your ignorant.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess you dont read very well. I gave you one example to show you just how wrong you were that there was no one. Like I said, the rest of your homework Im not doing for you.
You gave one example because that's all you could give and even that was a poor example since he was drafted before we picked that year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You gave one example because that's all you could give and even that was a poor example since he was drafted before we picked that year.

Im not doing your homework for you. There are a bunch of them. Either after we picked or a few spots up where we could have traded for them.

Chandler Jones we could have traded for.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not doing your homework for you. There are a bunch of them. Either after we picked or a few spots up where we could have traded for them.

Chandler Jones we could have traded for.

So is this what you do? Someone asks you a question and you reply with "I'm not doing your homework for you...." when all you have to do is say you were wrong and have no names available?

JJ Watt, would have solved our problem right there. Game over.

Ok. Thanks for answering...........Correct answer would've been "I don't know.....".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So is this what you do? Someone asks you a question and you reply with "I'm not doing your homework for you...." when all you have to do is say you were wrong and have no names available?

Ok. Thanks for answering...........Correct answer would've been "I don't know.....".

I do know. I even gave you one example. Then you gave another, then I gave you Jones. 3 examples of players that were either available for trade or pick or close enough to trade up for. What is quite clear from all of this is that YOU dont know.

And once you find one guy the game is over. Game has been over 3 times now.

And again, do your own homework.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do know. I even gave you one example. Then you gave another, then I gave you Jones. 3 examples of players that were either available for trade or pick or close enough to trade up for. What is quite clear from all of this is that YOU dont know.

And once you find one guy the game is over. Game has been over 3 times now.

And again, do your own homework.

So initially you said the Cowboys take offensive players in the first round and they should've used some of those offensive linemen picks on defense. Now you're saying they should trade for a pas rush. You're goal post moving and have forgot what your point even is. Have a good day!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So initially you said the Cowboys take offensive players in the first round and they should've used some of those offensive linemen picks on defense. Now you're saying they should trade for a pas rush. You're goal post moving and have forgot what your point even is. Have a good day!

My point is quite simple. We could have done many things to get the pass rush we needed including the draft, trades, ect...ect... But they chose to use most of their prime assets on offense.

And that was after the Rogers debacle 3 years ago. Didnt learn their lesson. So it happened again. And we arent winning a SB until we get a pass rush. I dont care how great our offense is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point is quite simple. We could have done many things to get the pass rush we needed including the draft, trades, ect...ect... But they chose to use most of their prime assets on offense.

And that was after the Rogers debacle 3 years ago. Didnt learn their lesson. So it happened again. And we arent winning a SB until we get a pass rush. I dont care how great our offense is.
They drafted Randy Gregory and signed Greg Hardy to improve it. Didn't work.