RELEASED Garrett Gilbert Released

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Incredible.

the Cowboys just only wanted to invest in scrub Garrett Gilbert, based off one reg. game (and not like it was Garrett thanksgiving vs GB).. instead of exploring the offseason, for at least legit competition. And now that invested scrub is cut from the team.

Screwd, organized NFL teams just don't do that.

We still have the Brick Wall mentality - we have to hit a reality brick wall to finally think of addressing a need area.

That's the problem with these two bozos trying to play GM and VP in charge of Player Personnel. They are more reactive than proactive. Two steps too late as usual. Truly quite a pair.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't have to be in the meetings to see that Rush is useless. It's simple, Dak likes Rush so Rush got the job, not because he is the best option. Rush limits the Offense, Garrett has a better arm and more playing experience, but Dak wanted Rush so that is who he got. I think its a big mistake. Sue me if you don't like my opinion.

Well I thought Rush played better, more aggressive and more confident. Gilbert was too indecisive IMO, which is why the fumble happened. Like I said already, in the end it doesnt matter because if Dak goes down, our season is over.

RonWashington

Reaction score
That's interesting. Not shocking, but at mildly surprising. I hope that means they plan to bring in another veteran, but it could be it will just be Rush and DiNucci

Cam Newton cut loose ….could give DiNucci a run for his money $$

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Right move but still leaves the glaring hole of needing a true backup bus driver

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Well I thought Rush played better, more aggressive and more confident. Gilbert was too indecisive IMO, which is why the fumble happened. Like I said already, in the end it doesnt matter because if Dak goes down, our season is over.

I don't agree with the Season is over thing at all. So it matters a great deal. If Dak goes down in week 5 again then yea, I agree it's a mute point for the most part.. But lets say he gets covid the last week of the season and can't play in the Win or go home game.. I do not think Rush could win any game against any team in any fashion in the NFL. I seriously think that a team could start all street FA against Rush and still win the game, that is how bad he is. He gives us ZERO chance to win.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The flaw in this comment is that it only makes sense if Dak goes down for the majority of the season. If he only goes down a month or less then having a QB that can win a game or two and keep the playoff chances alive can be huge.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The flaw in this comment is that it only makes sense if Dak goes down for the majority of the season. If he only goes down a month or less then having a QB that can win a game or two and keep the playoff chances alive can be huge.

Exactly....it does not have to be Dak plays all or 4...he could miss a half in a division game, that game could determine playoffs. They need to upgrade the Backup QB, heck someone mentioned Covid could cost you a game....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Rush has played in 5 games, Gilbert 7. 2 games isn't enough to matter, just to clarify.

I prefer Gilbert as well, if for no other reason than Rush was let go by Dallas before, if he wasn't good enough to be a backup then I don't see what he's done to make him backup worthy now.

But really you could keep either one and end up with about the same quality level, they're like option 1A and 1B....
I dont disagree, but you NEVER know what a guy can do until they play with starters for more than a quarter. Gardner Minshew got a chance, and he played well. We will never know what Cooper can do until he is given the opportunity. I think he has played well in the pre season games Ive seen him in. That last game can not be counted.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Exactly....it does not have to be Dak plays all or 4...he could miss a half in a division game, that game could determine playoffs. They need to upgrade the Backup QB, heck someone mentioned Covid could cost you a game....
I dont disagree, but IMO, Cam isnt the guy to bring in. He is simply not the personality you need holding the clipboard.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How about if Dak misses a game or two? Rush is a guaranteed loss. How about a back up with a pulse so you don't necessarily give away a game or two?
I disagree on the loss.. we simply cant say as he hasnt been in a game with starters.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I dont disagree, but I dont think Cam is who I would bring in. Id be looking to bring in Rivers if he was wanting to do it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree on the loss.. we simply cant say as he hasnt been in a game with starters.
Agreed. It's clear Rush isn't going to carry a team, or play with no drop off from the starter, but I'm not convinced he couldn't win a game as long as the rest of the team played well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont disagree, but I dont think Cam is who I would bring in. Id be looking to bring in Rivers if he was wanting to do it.
I'm not a Cam fan either. Rivers would be great, but I doubt he would have any interest in being a backup.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I dont disagree, but IMO, Cam isnt the guy to bring in. He is simply not the personality you need holding the clipboard.

I would also worry about it, and it may not be Cam but they need to ehaust every effort to improve the position in my opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Somewhat surprised thought they would go with Gilbert after last Sunday. It was pick your poison but he looked better than Rush. We better hope we can find a viable backup QB in the coming days.