Garrett Got Outcoached

LittleD

Reaction score
It was different, but so was the defense we faced. Dak was getting a lot more pressure and the running game was getting stuffed, and the Cowboys didn't adjust particularly well to that. Hopefully they are better prepared to deal with it next week.

You must be kidding. We got exactly the same kind of defense we got from the colts and rams last season. We looked lost in those games too. Study film my friend. This is a copy
cat league. Good coaches look at teams that stopped us cold.

kwcool619

Reaction score
***!!! Wade sabotaged himself!!! he is a 500 coach always has been and always will be. He's a great DC, not a HC. Garrett had nothing to do with Wade. If you go back and look at all of Wade's HC history you will see that everytime his teams went down hill the longer he coached.
The Oline did not play last night, or they got handles by a very good Dline, the crowd noise had a lot to do with it, among other things, but rest assure Moore was calling those plays, the offensive game plan is made up by Moore, Garrett, Kitna, Dak and others. It is not Garrett's fault

Here in Los Angeles, we got the Rams and Bucs game. Speaking of Wade, his defense got totally throttled. They were down 21-0 before the Rams became conscious.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

again, if your running game is working, then play action is successful. I didn't say it matters to down and distance...but if you are averaging 1.8 ypc, then play action is not as successful. there is no THREAT of the run being successful for you to react to it.....get it?

smitty313

Reaction score
again, if your running game is working, then play action is successful. I didn't say it matters to down and distance...but if you are averaging 1.8 ypc, then play action is not as successful. there is no THREAT of the run being successful for you to react to it.....get it?
The play he posted is from the Saints game....

catiii

Reaction score
But the same coach beat Drew Brees and Sean Payton last year... does he get the credit for that W?
NO because it was at home. Jerry was calling that game under the influence of Johnny Walker and everyone knows it.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
They can definitely score on Green Bay. It will be on Marinelli and Richard on Sunday to come up with an effective scheme to limit Rodgers
No Adams and maybe Bulaga will be huge. Kind of cancels out the Tyron loss if you ask me. Green Bay is struggling running the football. Should be obvious they are going to pass. Sorry, Geronimo, Graham, and Valdes-Scantling don't scare me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the jones family do not need a deep playoff run. all they need is for the cowboys to be good enough to get the exposure for the primetime games. they already have three superbowls. maybe I am just disappointed in this team right now and got sucked in to thinking that this team was finally going to be a superbowl contender. not having brees last night was break that this team needed and it fell flat on there faces.
You’re dodging the question. Your comment was that they want 8-8 or 10-6 and one and done, not that they didn’t need it. Again, explain why they want it that way.

There is no benefit to going 8-8, so why would they not prefer more success? More success guarantees a lot more exposure than less success. You said so yourself when you commented on the Super Bowl wins.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must be kidding. We got exactly the same kind of defense we got from the colts and rams last season. We looked lost in those games too. Study film my friend. This is a copy
cat league. Good coaches look at teams that stopped us cold.

We are talking about why things were different this game than in other games THIS year. Hell, it was comment, and I answered within that context. If you are going to go out of your way to be a jerk at least be able to grasp what the hell your own words were.

Last edited:

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Every time they showed JG on TV he had this blank look on his eyes like “wth is going on?” kind of look.

If he sees the offense stalling out, I’d expect a HC to go up to his OC or whoever is calling the plays and get him to change something.

It looked like he didn’t talk to anyone the whole game.