News: Garrett heading to Alabama

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hope it is Da'Ron Payne! His presence would seriously open things up 1-on-1 for David Irving inside, DeMarcus Lawrence outside, and the now rumored to be applying for reinstatement Randy Gregory at the other end. Such a starting lineup would become one of the most talented in the league and help free up our LBs.
Not the sexy pick..but a darn good guess.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm down with Payne or Evans. Would love what they would bring to the defence.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Keep Bryant, Hurns, Beasely, and Switzer

Draft 2 wide Receivers, a deep threat tight end and a red zone Te, Rb, QB, and spend the other picks on Defense. This is a Good Tight End Class. Draft guys that have some speed and athleticism but most importantly find somebody that can get in the end zone and score. We need about 10 TD's in production out of our te core in the red zone and then maybe we'll be a dominant passing game. Witten is gonna be here but he needs to take on a more limited role as a receiver esp in the red zone and on deep passing plays and scoring situations where he lacks consistently. We also need another Running back who can run, block, and catch screens and Score! If I could get Demarco Murray for about 5 million on a 1 yr contract I would take him for his leadership and experience. It would be nice to have 2 rushing champs in the backfield and a little Competition to drive scoring in all of our skilled positions but it starts w Speed. It's time to rotate these wrs tes and rbs around in different formations so they can utilize their skillsets while breaking up the monotony of lining up in the same formation without a Scoring threat at te in on every single play.

Last edited:

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
So, Garrett went to Alabama - and he's an offensive coach (pun intended).
And Marrinelli went to Florida - and he's a defensive coach.
Do the Cowboys video these workouts ? Or how does an offensive coach evalueate a 1-tech and LBer ....
Or is he just looking at Ridley

tm1119

Reaction score
I hope it is Da'Ron Payne! His presence would seriously open things up 1-on-1 for David Irving inside, DeMarcus Lawrence outside, and the now rumored to be applying for reinstatement Randy Gregory at the other end. Such a starting lineup would become one of the most talented in the league and help free up our LBs.

Even if Gregory does get reinstated he’s light years away from being a starting NFL DE.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

DiResta

Reaction score
i wouldnt give up #50 for Smith
but if Minkah makes it as low as 9 i would
he can play anywhere in the secondary at a high level and could be that all pro caliber safety Dallas needs leading the defense
i dont think he will slide far but with the qbs and Chubb Nelson Barkley Edmunds type guys theres a real chance

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
We finally agree :laugh:. Payne is fed a need for the defense if anyone watched the defense last year. We got gashed on the ground more than some want to acknowledge

Klingo3034

Reaction score
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018DT.php
9/1/17:
Scouts who have looked ahead to the 2018 class have raved about Payne's potential. Coming from Alabama, it isn't a stretch that Payne could take on the lead role for the Crimson Tide with Jonathan Allen moving on to the NFL. Payne is a run plugger with a lot of potential to grow. In 2016, Payne recorded 36 tackles with 3.5 for a loss, 1.5 sacks and one pass broken up.

What the stats don't illustrate is that Payne can be physically dominant. He dominated his one-on-ones last year when he was lining up over guards. Payne causes disruption and makes his teammates better. Payne's contributions helped the sacks totals of Allen, Tim Williams and Ryan Anderson. Payne could be poised for a big junior year.

Read more: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018DT.php#ixzz5BCore37l

Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018DT.php#UrZbL3yuv2xchOSu.99