Garrett not expected to be extended, per Schefter

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Garrett is in no-win situation IMO. The team struggles or is mediocre, he's gone obviously . The team does well, the younger coaches(Moore/Richard) on the staff will likely be major reasons why.

I'm not even mentioning the outside candidates who will be attractive to the Joneses.
He should be gone now...should have been gone last year. He's compensated well, hell, time to earn his extension the same way we want Dak to earn one.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I have no comment because I question the authenticity of this report. No one in the building is smart enough for this to be true. Oh damn, I commented.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He should be gone now...should have been gone last year. He's compensated well, hell, time to earn his extension the same way we want Dak to earn one.

Agree with you. The odds are stacked against him to get that extension at seasons end.

JayFord

Reaction score
I’ll do you 1 better

He shoulda went out with wade phillips

cern

Reaction score
he would have been kicked to the curb after this season, but no sense paying him to do nothing. just like Callahan before him.

JayFord

Reaction score
I remember the giants did this to Tom coughlin and he went out there and won his first Super Bowl

vlad

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he's not our coach in 2020. I assume this is pure PR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll do you 1 better

He shoulda went out with wade phillips

That wouldn't have made sense at the time. The year Garrett took over the head coaching job to go with his OC duties the offense was the # 7 offense in the NFL, even with Romo missing 10 games and McGee starting a game. The offensive coaching did not appear to be the problem at that time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This really is amazing news. Garrett is playing for his life and Linehan got fired. Now if we can just be assured that Moore will be calling plays and not Garrett this may turn out to be a good start to the offseason.

But sadly, I think the Cowboys will be even better next year so most likely Garrett will get an extension anyway.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Cause he knows this is the last rodeo of Payton in Brees in New Orleans. Keeping his options open. If Payton is available he’s the next coach. If not, more of the clapper