Garrett not expected to be extended, per Schefter

Verdict

Reaction score
What has Garrett done to deserve an extension.....

Pay the man! He's a beast! He has passion! He's just misunderstood! He has earned the right to stay as long as he wants! He's the heart and soul of this team!

He can't be replaced! If he leaves he will get a pay increase. Jerry will never get rid of him!

Oh, are we talking about Garrett? I though this was a Dez Fan Boi thread!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm impressed that Garrett winning a wild card game and then crapping out wasn't good enough for Jerry (finally.)

Makes it a lot less surprising that Garrett didn't/couldn't get anyone from outside to be OC. You're not getting an outside hire for a HC on the last year of a deal like that.

If better-than-average gets Garrett an extension, Jerry wouldn't have put it off until next year, because that's exactly what he did this year.

Problem is hiring a guy like Moore as OC. No way a REAL coach from the outside or at least an offensive minded one is going to sign here with Moore as the OC. He would want to pick his own guys. But that WOULD lend itself to another internal hire. Possibly Richards. He can handle the defense and HC responsibilities and Moore can handle the offense.

visionary

Reaction score
This is not fair
Jerry knows this is garretts off year
How can he expect him to win this year?
This is ridiculous
Garrett should just quit in protest

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It appears the emergency brake has now been pulled, however, with Adam Schefter and Todd Archer of ESPN reporting the Cowboys are 'not expected' to offer Garrett an extension -- be it 'short-term or long-term' at this point. If this holds true, Garrett will enter the 2019 season on the final year of his five-year deal, putting a huge onus on him to make a deep playoff run to secure his job thereafter.

Verdict

Reaction score
Problem is hiring a guy like Moore as OC. No way a REAL coach from the outside or at least an offensive minded one is going to sign here with Moore as the OC. He would want to pick his own guys. But that WOULD lend itself to another internal hire. Possibly Richards. He can handle the defense and HC responsibilities and Moore can handle the offense.

The only thing we can be sure of is whatever happens Snake Oil Jerry will have is all believe I got whatever happens was the right thing and we should be grateful it happened. I know I am already giving thanks for the Moore hiring!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he's not our coach in 2020. I assume this is pure PR

He's approaching a 10 year run as HC which is an eternity in the NFL. If he somehow gets another extension from Jerry/Stephen, we'll have to accept at that point that he'll go on to be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys as long as Jerry is breathing.

JayFord

Reaction score
If I’m jerry i draw up Garrett’s termination and keep it on file

Super bowl or termination of employment

Idc if you go 16-0 and make the NFCCG and lose

Super Bowl or find coaching opportunities elsewhere

Don’t care how you get it done go 4-12 and make the Super Bowl who cares just get there

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So either he bucks the trend of good year, bad year or he's out.

My question is if this is his last year was his tenure better than Landry's?
Well Garrett only had 1 losing season and was the coach of the year in 2016........

sdfidaho

Reaction score
I agree.

If Dallas cleans house the GM gets to rebuild it................20 more years of nothing and wasting talent.

I believe the tea leaves here look a little more positive than your scenario suggests

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be honest, I really don't know what to think at this point. It feels a bit like we are at the nexus of the Beverly Hillbillies, reality TV and, perhaps the Twilight Zone.

You just can't make this stuff.

If it's true that there is no extension, then it seems JG may finally be held accountable for the team's performance - not the OC or DC or OL coach.

Maybe some FO adult will explain it all to us soon.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
To be honest, I really don't know what to think at this point. It feels a bit like we are at the nexus of the Beverly Hillbillies, reality TV and, perhaps the Twilight Zone.

You just can't make this stuff.

If it's true that there is no extension, then it seems JG may finally be held accountable for the team's performance - not the OC or DC or OL coach.

Maybe some FO adult will explain it all to us soon.
It feels like Hillbillys In A Haunted House!

tumblr_o7jkjsS7al1s01qkyo1_400.gif