Garrett offered Ravens coaching job

sago1

Reaction score
I wonder how much Garrett & Jerry Jones have talked about this situation in the last few weeks.

Woods

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906445 said:
I'm with you. I think Jason would be better off gaining more experiance than he currently has but again I would not blame him for jumping at an oppertunity. As for Wade I'm not big into firing coaches who helped put together a very good season after 1 year.

No, I don't blame Garrett taking the opportunity either.

If it happens, let it happen fast.

We need to move on and re-build.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Woods;1906477 said:

not sure we're at a rebuilding phase right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Woods;1906477 said:

I'm sure we will know something soon. Right now I would not be in a hurry to replace him should he leave at least not until the SB is over.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Woods;1906484 said:
You're right.

Not re-build, we need to re-focus.

gotcha. and yes - we do. like i said, hope he stays but if he's gonna go - go today and let's start looking at replacements and keep this train moving forward.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kilyin;1906443 said:
I'm curious why Garrett is viewed as some sort of demigod around here and by alot of the so called media. The offense he took over was already good statistically, and they weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard when it mattered.

I'd be interested to see him go to the Ravens just to see how much of a "genius" he really is.
I'll take some blame for this. I've wanted Jason Garrett to be our Head Coach one day since about 1993 or 94 when he was one of Troy's backups. I have always considered him a future Head Coach. When he got into coaching I started hoping he would come here. When we started going after him I really wanted it to happen.

I'm a big fan. I think his hiring was a brilliant hire. If he goes I will be sad. I won't deny this.

utrunner07

Reaction score
superpunk;1906430 said:
Well, if Jerry has intentions of firing Wade, we'll find out awful quick.

I know he's denied it, point-blank, but that's hardly concrete.
Don't ever believe what Jerry says...at least I don't. I think Wade stays and I hope Garrett stays.:pray: If he goes I think this board may just go into the biggest melt down ever.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
utrunner07;1906498 said:
Don't ever believe what Jerry says...at least I don't. I think Wade stays and I hope Garrett stays.:pray: If he goes I think this board may just go into the biggest melt down ever.

all over a coach that when jones hired him BEFORE a HC, the board did a HATE ON JONES meltdown... go figure.

jones can do no right but we sure hate losing the staff he's putting together.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sean Payton thought the grass was greener too! How is that working out?

Oh well, if he goes, he goes...

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile;1906490 said:
I'll take some blame for this. I've wanted Jason Garrett to be our Head Coach one day since about 1993 or 94 when he was one of Troy's backups. I have always considered him a future Head Coach. When he got into coaching I started hoping he would come here. When we started going after him I really wanted it to happen.

I'm a big fan. I think his hiring was a brilliant hire. If he goes I will be sad. I won't deny this.

Then you really have to be bumming...because he was/is thisclose to being the Cowboys HC.

Ah the road not taken...we'll see if it comes back to bite us in the ***.

Of course if he leaves.:D

utrunner07

Reaction score
5Stars;1906506 said:
Sean Payton thought the grass was greener too! How is that working out?

Oh well, if he goes, he goes...

Actually its working out pretty good for him IMO, considering where they were before they got there. Made it to the NFC title game and just barely missed the playoffs this year right?

Woods

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;1906458 said:
sorry guys, but take it Jason. that away we can find replacements fast. (cameron or billick which was a GREAT OC)

Did Billick ever develop a good QB in Balt?

In fact, since Billick has been there, has Balt ever even had a good offense? I don't remember them having a good offense or good QB since Billick has been there.

I'm not sold on him as an OC. Yes, he did well in Minn with Moss, Culpepper in his prime, Smith as RB, etc. But for an offensive guru, I don't think his offenses were good - at least on any consistent basis in Balt.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
If Garrett is replaced w/ Billick as our OC I would have no problem w/ him leaving.

I want Cowher as our HC though...

FCBarca

Reaction score
Kilyin;1906443 said:
I'm curious why Garrett is viewed as some sort of demigod around here and by alot of the so called media. The offense he took over was already good statistically, and they weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard when it mattered.

I'd be interested to see him go to the Ravens just to see how much of a "genius" he really is.

I don't know about you but I'd rather see how much of a genius he is HERE rather than somewhere else...Just means we gotta find another OC and keep a high octane and delicately balanced offense going...Just seems like you gotta keep that together.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Personally I want coaches who are more interested in preparing for their team's upcoming playoff game then in interviewing for their next job.I know, I know... not against the rules etc etc etc... but come on. Romo gets crucified for his little fiesta but it is fine for JG to be interviewing! It was made clear where his priorities are.Good luck in your new job JG. With any luck maybe we'll see you in the Super Bowl next year.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Personally I hate the defensive scheme we played this year, I really wish Jerry had the balls to fire Wade in order to keep Jason.

Woods

Reaction score
Vtwin;1906529 said:
Personally I want coaches who are more interested in preparing for their team's upcoming playoff game then in interviewing for their next job.I know, I know... not against the rules etc etc etc... but come on. Romo gets crucified for his little fiesta but it is fine for JG to be interviewing! It was made clear where his priorities are.Good luck in your new job JG. With any luck maybe we'll see you in the Super Bowl next year.

Hmmmmm . . . . don't we play the Ravens next season?

That will be interesting. Hopefully he doesn't do a Payton on us. :D