Garrett offered Ravens coaching job

utrunner07

Reaction score
superpunk;1906539 said:
Oh, snap!

Read the article, does not say anything about him being hired at least by the quick scan I did. Don't fret just yet.

rangers71

Reaction score
iceberg;1906505 said:
all over a coach that when jones hired him BEFORE a HC, the board did a HATE ON JONES meltdown... go figure.

jones can do no right but we sure hate losing the staff he's putting together.

Exactly. I got into so many arguments about this guy having no experience last year and now look at this board.

superpunk

Reaction score
utrunner07;1906545 said:
Read the article, does not say anything about him being hired at least by the quick scan I did. Don't fret just yet.
You're right. Misleading article titles.

I won't fret either way, lol. Garrett can stay, go, whatever. Doesn't really matter.

utrunner07

Reaction score
rangers71;1906547 said:
Exactly. I got into so many arguments about this guy having no experience last year and now look at this board.

Personally its not so much that he is the greatest coach ever or anything like that, I think he is young and has lots of potential. The thought of having a young head coach who could be great, providing stability and leadership for YEARS and YEARS to come is the reason I want him here, rather than what he has done in the past, though its been kind of promising.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Woods;1906538 said:
Hmmmmm . . . . don't we play the Ravens next season?

That will be interesting. Hopefully he doesn't do a Payton on us. :D

Short of us hiring Parcells and Zimmer back I don't see that happening. lol

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
Garrett is as good as gone.

I wish that loser Phillips was instead, but Jerry has lost his shall we say jewels to make those calls.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;1906560 said:

I wish that loser Phillips was instead, but Jerry has lost his shall we say jewels to make those calls.

I would still like to hear your reasoning behind Cowher.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
utrunner07;1906557 said:
Personally its not so much that he is the greatest coach ever or anything like that, I think he is young and has lots of potential. The thought of having a young head coach who could be great, providing stability and leadership for YEARS and YEARS to come is the reason I want him here, rather than what he has done in the past, though its been kind of promising.

Thats the key phase right there.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

you mean like hiring garrett before HC so you could whine at that?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
utrunner07;1906563 said:

He thinks his quivering chin is sexy....

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
utrunner07;1906563 said:

Because he is a players coach, but he brings FIRE, EMOTION & DISCIPLINE as well.

Oh yeah, he knows how to win in the post season as well...something Wade still hasnt learned how to do.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What possible evidence do you have to support that position?

I don't think there is any question Jerry would fire anyone he thought wasn't as dedicated to winning a super bowl as he is.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
ESPN radio at the top of the hour said, according to Ed Werder, that Garrett is 60-40 to take the job, but Jerry has promised to match any financial offer.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;1906573 said:
Because he is a players coach, but he brings FIRE, EMOTION & DISCIPLINE as well.

Oh yeah, he knows how to win in the post season as well...something Wade still hasnt learned how to do.

Well I can understand why you would think that, especially the fire and emotion part...but besides Pitts last SB win with him he had a mediocre record in the post season. Im not sold on him...wouldnt worry about it much though I really don't see him coming here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cowboys3128;1906579 said:
ESPN radio at the top of the hour said, according to Ed Werder, that Garrett is 60-40 to take the job, but Jerry has promised to match any financial offer.

best 2nd post i've ever read from someone. : )