Garrett offered Ravens coaching job

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Vtwin;1906680 said:
Been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys for much longer then Jerry Jones has owned the team. I didn't think much of JJ when he fired Landry. I didn't think much of JJ when he let Johnson walk away. The two SB's in the middle and the one after made me like him some. lolFor the record, I don't hate JJ or the coach at this point in time. Not to fond of some of the players though.
So why continue? He's not going anywhere. It's his team. Not your team. It's his team.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
garret goes to Baltimore and takes them to the super bowl for 5 years straight, imagine that ?? lol:laugh2:

Dodger12

Reaction score
iceberg;1906648 said:
1. because it wasn't merely questioning it by many - it was outright hatred on jones AS USUAL from the usual suspects.

Anyone who questions anything Jerry does is interpreted as hatred by you. How do I know?

iceberg;1906648 said:
2. suddenly jones is a fool to let garrett get away.

people don't even think - they just shout out whatever is happening at the time. 90% of the people only think 10% of the time.

Who here said Jerry's a fool to let Garrett get away? That may be the opinion of a few posters, including one fool who feels that Jerry doesn't have the balls to fire Wade, but certainly not anywhere near the majority. There's nothing Jerry can do except offer him more money and most understand that.

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
I know money talks but why leave the best franchise on earth and all this talent for Kyle Boller and the friggen Ravens?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1906682 said:
I think it'd be the smart thing to do just so we don't have to hear about it from the idiots on the board and the media. But I don't think it would affect their relationship or their coaching one iota.

Surely you aren't calling anyone on this board an idiot? :eek:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Woods;1906439 said:
Just my personal opinion, but I don't think Garrett is ready to be a HC yet.

I think he made great strides as an OC in his first year. But I think he learned a heck of a lot and could have used 1 more year of seasoning.

I know Garrett is "hot" right now, but I'm sure someone else will be the hot name end of next season.

I prefer to go with Wade 1 more season, though I'm probably in the minority.

More Power to him, but he has a Veteran team that wanted Rex Ryan and only have 2 Playmakers, Heap and McGahee, we'll see what he does without Romo, T.O., Witten, Barber,and the O line. Good Luck with McNair and Kyle B.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Jason Garrett knows that you have to strike when the iron is hot.

One poster in this thread said, "Don't ever believe what Jerry Jones says", when talking about Jerry's statement that he doesn't intend to fire Wade Phillips.

I agree with this as well, but doesn't it work both ways? If Jerry Jones indeed told Jason Garrett that he would be the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys in the future, how does Jason Garrett know that is concrete?

Like Jerry Jones expressed gratitude and happiness for his front office personnel that were able to acquire jobs elsewhere, I am happy for Jason Garrett.

This team will be just fine on offense.

The most troubling aspect of this team is its mental toughness and the inability to stay focused throughout a season.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
RxMan;1906693 said:
Anyone think JJ is pondering letting Phillips go right now?

The more I think about it, the more I hope he does let him go.

He is getting up there in age and isnt going to be around in a few years anyway.

I really dont want to see us go to a 3rd offensive system in as many years.

Plus Wade's attitude at the press conference and his continually talking about the teams record, is bothersome to me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1906709 said:
Yeah I do. Just being honest.

Yep.

You and I both know that the "Howdy Doody" coach approach didnt help us.
I like Wade... but right now... his "wimpy fist pump" is annoying me... and so is his "post game talks in the lockerroom"......

Just a good ole boy. :banghead:

We need a "Jimmy".

Duane

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1906713 said:
Jason Garrett knows that you have to strike when the iron is hot.

One poster in this thread said, "Don't ever believe what Jerry Jones says", when talking about Jerry's statement that he doesn't intend to fire Wade Phillips.

I agree with this as well, but doesn't it work both ways? If Jerry Jones indeed told Jason Garrett that he would be the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys in the future, how does Jason Garrett know that is concrete?

Like Jerry Jones expressed gratitude and happiness for his front office personnel that were able to acquire jobs elsewhere, I am happy for Jason Garrett.

This team will be just fine on offense.

The most troubling aspect of this team is its mental toughness and the inability to stay focus throughout a season.

I agree with what you're saying Mick but if RJ is as smart as we think he is, he signed a contract with Jerry stating that he's the next head coach of the Cowboys. If he's fired by Jones or not promoted in X number of years Jerry has to pay him a lump sum of money.

I think Williams in Washington has a similar deal.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bach;1906708 said:
Surely you aren't calling anyone on this board an idiot? :eek:
Yes, there are idiots on this board who couldn't tell their *** from a hole in the ground. That's just life, though. They're everywhere.

I didn't think you'd answer my question earlier.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1906730 said:
Yes, there are idiots on this board who couldn't tell their *** from a hole in the ground. That's just life, though. They're everywhere.

Yeah, I agree. I've encountered a few.

RxMan

Reaction score
Hostile;1906709 said:
Yeah I do. Just being honest.

I really do to. I think the options for the defensive side are being considered.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
On NFLN not too long ago, Schefter stated that Garrett will accept the position.