Garrett rallied the troops again

johneric8

Reaction score
We've seen this before from Garrett it's like a broken record and tiresome.. Sure it feels good to win but it's tainted! We know he can't and won't beat good coaches in important games, we know he will fail and flounder..
Jerry needs to move on from this and get over his foolish pride in believing Garrett is the next Tom Landry..

Blackspider214

Reaction score
That's the issue. Where is this fire on a consistent basis? Garrett is the epitome of a guy who does enough to not get fired but never anything more. He is not consistent. A lot of teams do this in all sports when they their backs are against the wall. Why does it seem this happens all the time here? Because he isn't consistent enough to have us winning.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor joke at best, and yes I know all about bad coaching, been seeing one the last 12 years or so in JG. Take off the homer glasses.

Forgive me if I value your humor as much as I do your analysis of what’s wrong with the Cowboys? I feel like I should give you a crumb somewhere, but you don’t give me much to work with.

Brax

Reaction score
Forgive me if I value your humor as much as I do your analysis of what’s wrong with the Cowboys? I feel like I should give you a crumb somewhere, but you don’t give me much to work with.
ok homer not a problem here, I'm use to" idgiotic" posts.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
they played inspired football, and yes, he deserves credit for this "back against the wall" approach again. Seem to get in that spot every single year. That's a negative.

They have the capability to win these next 3 (not one of them is a lock), before the trip to Foxborough. Focus from the players/coaches should only be on the Giants coming out of the bye.

But count me as largely skeptical. Losing to the Brees-less Saints on the road in a hard fought game is one thing, but following that up with the absolute mess against the Pack, and an even worse debacle against the Jets, tells me to not trust this team at all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Seriously...we do what we're SUPPOSED TO DO at home and people are gonna act like Garret isn't a flop 85% of the time?

We should've won at least 2 if not all 3 of those games we lost...
Weak...dude should've been fired 6+ years ago, hell he never even should have been hired.
we should have won 2 out of three...the GB game we were awful the first half.....

all three games were close....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's the only reason why he still has a job, it shouldn't be enough but for Jerry, it is.
And that’s a big part of the story here for the Cowboys. Less than great coaching is enough for Jerry. It’s probably the biggest debacle of his dysfunction not holding a higher priority for coaching.

Reactions: Coy

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And we're stuck in mediocrity with him. Hopefully Jerry is in the Super Bowl or bust mindset.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We've seen this before from Garrett it's like a broken record and tiresome.. Sure it feels good to win but it's tainted! We know he can't and won't beat good coaches in important games, we know he will fail and flounder..
Jerry needs to move on from this and get over his foolish pride in believing Garrett is the next Tom Landry..
Jerry’s All In with Garrett. He thinks he’s close to finally proving he can build a championship team without a great HC who’d receive more credit like Jimmy did.

The last thing Jerry would want now is to bring someone in who’d prove him wrong that it was all about the coaching.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And we're stuck in mediocrity with him. Hopefully Jerry is in the Super Bowl or bust mindset.
No, Jerry isn’t interested in winning a Super Bowl unless he’s finally going to receive the credit he didn’t with Jimmy.

Remember Jerry tried being second fiddle while winning championships and didn’t like.

slick325

Reaction score
As much as folks malign Garrett during losses for being outcoached, will folks give him credit for outcoaching a Super Bowl Champion HC in Pederson? Or is it the assistant coaches who get credit?

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
For the umpteenth time.

The team was ready and dominated.

Season is still on as we took over 1st place in division.

As always proud of Jason Garrett.

Enjoy the bye week
Go Cowboys!!

This is the problem with Garrett. When he is comfortable he becomes complacent and so does the team. Thus we get results like losing to the 0-4 Jets.

Now there is talk that his job is on the line. Thus he has to rally the troops to save his butt.

His inconsistency is not a strength. It shows bad coaching and an inability to produce well on the field.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
"Garrett has lost the locker room" lol people are so dumb.

When you lose the locker room and have to rally the troops to get it back together again, it means your not a good coach.

Garrett's inconsistency in his coaching method doesn't bode well and it rubs off on the team.

Thus we get results like losing to the Jets and blowing out the Eagles the week.

I'm not sold on Garrett. It's his lack of consistency that makes him a subpar coach.

9of11

Reaction score
Im not sure Garrett had anything to do getting this team up....If they cant get up for our hated rival, nothing will. The offense was totally different than last weeks games...maybe JG took his hands off the offense and let Kellen do his thing...it was night and day difference.