Garretts post game locker room speech

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The last three years?

12-4 in 2014
4-12 in 2015
13-3 in 2016

Then throw in 6-6 in 2017.

I don't know how you define upward trend, but to me, if you graph that, it's certainly not going to show an upward trend........it's going to show massive inconsistency, the hallmark of Jason Garrett led teams.

6170-illustration-of-an-up-and-down-graph-pv.png

Sydla

Reaction score
I've been a fan since 66 and I know a improved team over the last 22 years when I see Garrett's Cowboys.
There is a change and when someone can't see it, well ....

Is that goal to which we should set the standard for our head coach? Oh, so the Cowboys look improved therefore Garrett is a great coach? The last 22 years have been abysmal in terms of success for this franchise so if Garrett looks better than say Dave Campo........ that's a ridiculous low threshold of success people are setting for what is arguably one of the 2-3 greatest franchises in NFL history.

And in reality, he has one playoff win in 7 years, 2 playoff appearances over that time. If that's the definition or improved team and success.......... wow.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Garret is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a wining kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non wining seasons in a row, (tied with Campo)

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history
What a resume!

Was Garrett the coach when the Ravens blew us out of the old Texas game for the farewell?

And then have Eli blow us apart for the first home game ever in the new stadium?

LOL

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
So who is on keyboard background music? I'd guess LP Laudedeur or Joe Looney

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is that goal to which we should set the standard for our head coach? Oh, so the Cowboys look improved therefore Garrett is a great coach? The last 22 years have been abysmal in terms of success for this franchise so if Garrett looks better than say Dave Campo........ that's a ridiculous low threshold of success people are setting for what is arguably one of the 2-3 greatest franchises in NFL history.

And in reality, he has one playoff win in 7 years, 2 playoff appearances over that time. If that's the definition or improved team and success.......... wow.
You seem to revel in Cowboys misery. I wonder what you were posting last year. I'm sure you were *****ing about something.

BigD5

Reaction score
What a resume!

Was Garrett the coach when the Ravens blew us out of the old Texas game for the farewell?

And then have Eli blow us apart for the first home game ever in the new stadium?

LOL
He was offensive coordinator for those games I believe

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett continues to provide what little pride I have left in Cowboys Football this era.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well this speech is bad news for GRoG and the Tank Krew.

"I refuse to allow what happened up to this point to define this football team; it is about what we do now."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
To Matt Flynn. Not Aaron Rodgers. Matt Flynn.

So you blame Garrett for that? Not for Cam Lawrence and Ernie Sims staring down Flynn or Romo missing that cornerback driving on the route and throwing blind? Of course you guys ignore all the comebacks like coming back from down 2 TDs in the playoffs.

Garrett as scapegoat was tired back then and is tired now.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
For those in awe of Garrett's record, coaching ability and this speech are probably the same people who gladly received participation metals and ribbons throughout their competitive lives. Now they struggle with any sort of criticism towards a coach who's record and winning experience is marginal. I think Garrett is a good man and person and probably belongs coaching in a struggling college football program who wants to attempt to get into a bowl game every once in a while. He's too nice a guy to be at this level and you know what they say about nice guys.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the reason this team has massive inconsistency because the coaching staff is average and so is most of the defensive talent and with out zeke there is no way this team is even competitive with the playoff teams and even with zeke if the qb play don't improve by leaps and bounds they will get blown out

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well this speech is bad news for GRoG and the Tank Krew.

"I refuse to allow what happened up to this point to define this football team; it is about what we do now."

There is literally nothing he might have said that the fans who want him gone would have tolerated.

We get it. Some of you want a new coach and are concerned now that may not happen. This is not a thread about whether or not we should get a new coach. If you need one of those, we've got a dozen or so fresh ones for you to choose from.

In *this* thread we're supposed to be talking about how the staff addressed this week's win and is positioning the team for an unlikely playoff run. Only its hard to do that, because people keep walking in the room and yelling that they want a new coach all the time because they're tired of preaching to the choir in the other dozen threads. And threads like these are where the not-so-likeminded fans tend to hang out and the groupthink is codependent and has issues with that.

Screw groupthink. Let's keep some threads for actually talking about the season before it's too late. Groupthink has all offseason to complain some more.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So you blame Garrett for that? Not for Cam Lawrence and Ernie Sims staring down Flynn or Romo missing that cornerback driving on the route and throwing blind? Of course you guys ignore all the comebacks like coming back from down 2 TDs in the playoffs.

Garrett as scapegoat was tired back then and is tired now.
As always with the Garrett Fan Club, when we have good personnel it's because Jason is "building this roster." When we have bad personnel, he's the victim of circumstance.

And LOL at calling the head coach a "scapegoat."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, I revel in Cowboys misery............ that's why I want a new head coach to get us out of this rut. Because I revel in the Cowboys losing.

Your logic is breathtaking.
No its your constant negativity you post here always. Always negative. It's old.