Garretts post game locker room speech

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
As always with the Garrett Fan Club, when we have good personnel it's because Jason is "building this roster." When we have bad personnel, he's the victim of circumstance.

And LOL at calling the head coach a "scapegoat."

Of course its binary for you. How do you parse my saying that I would like an upgrade for Garrett given his lack of schematic expertise and game day adjustments?

And yeah a scapegoat. You can LOL it all you want but it pretty much universal in sport that when a team starts losing the fanbase points to the HC or manager. Each and every time.

It's incredibly lazy thinking.

You are the one fixating on blame and victimization. I don't even think in those terms. That you parse it as such does however reveal quite a lot about you.

Cam Lawrence was staring down the QB regardless of run or pass and I have never seen anyone over pursue a playfake and never catch on as bad as Sims would. The whole thing about a blind dog in a butcher shop players like to talk about. The truth of that is independent of your desire to find fault and blame in the HC. It is only an "excuse" because of your punitive nature.

Same goes for Romo not seeing Shields breaking on that route. Romo threw that blind.

It amused me back then that the defense gave up a TD on every second half possession and we had people fixating on Garrett trying desperately to blame him.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Garrett is good at locker room speeches no doubt. Ask him to draw up a game plan to beat the Eagles and he will tell you execution....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It amused me back then that the defense gave up a TD on every second half possession and we had people fixating on Garrett trying desperately to blame him.
It's almost like the head coach is responsible for the entire team.

But you're right. I always forget that Garrett is only responsible for wins. When we lose, it's on someone else.

Sydla

Reaction score
No its your constant negativity you post here always. Always negative. It's old.

When we start actually winning meaningful games I'll stop criticizing. I suspect that will happen when we get a new coach.

You know what else is old? Guys like you constantly trying to prop up Garrett with stuff like "players like him" and silliness like that.

What's that gotten him? One freaking playoff win in 7 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When we start actually winning meaningful games I'll stop criticizing. I suspect that will happen when we get a new coach.

You know what else is old? Guys like you constantly trying to prop up Garrett with stuff like "players like him" and silliness like that.

What's that gotten him? One freaking playoff win in 7 years.
Keep up. I'm not trying to prop Garrett. He may need to go at the end of the year

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Speeches are way down on the scale of relevance to success of a football team.

1. Talent
2. Scheming
3. Execution
4. Turnovers
5. Game management/Momentum
6. Game adjustments

etc.,

Somewhere further down...

x. Motivation
y. Speeches

Speeches are effectively clapping for mouths and minds.

Look at Bellicheat. He barely claps and his speeches are super droll.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's almost like the head coach is responsible for the entire team.

But you're right. I always forget that Garrett is only responsible for wins. When we lose, it's on someone else.

Like I said you are fixated on fault and blame. You are incapable of seeing past it. You cannot even parse what I was aying about upgrading Garrett.

Your issue is that you think that firing Garrett is this foolproof plan that makes the team better. Strikes me as incredibly naive.

Now that Jaylon is starting to come around that LB bugaboo that has been plaguing us since 2013 seems to be resolving. The young secondary is playing better but I think both positions need more talent infused. I do think letting Gachkar go and not drafting or signing anyone to replace him was a mistake.

The biggest issue for the team IMO is the offensive skill positions and how they pair up with Dak. Witten has lost yet another step and is not a top receiving option anymore. Dak's inaccuracy downfield make him a bad pairing for Dez. TWill's body catching requires perfect throws or he is liable to start a tip drill. Beasley is a nice fit but he cannot beat double teams. We desperately need athletic receivers that can get separation. A playmaker like Tyreke Hill or OBJ would be transformative for the passing offense.

Now compare and contrast that with the "GARRETT IS A CLAPPER" brigade.

Blake

Reaction score
Speeches are way down on the scale of relevance to success of a football team.

1. Talent
2. Scheming
3. Execution
4. Turnovers
5. Game management/Momentum
6. Game adjustments

etc.,

Somewhere further down...

x. Motivation
y. Speeches

Speeches are effectively clapping for mouths and minds.

Look at Bellicheat. He barely claps and his speeches are super droll.

Thing is, he won't even motivate himself to learn how to scheme and be an actual coach. It's "do as I say, not as I do" with him. He's not a leader.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
See, I'd like to have some pride in my franchise actually winning something meaningful instead of silly post game speeches.

But I know........... that's just ********* crazy talk right there.
Meaningful? Mediocre franchises don’t win anything meaningful. Division titles is about as good as it gets this era with Jerry’s priorities.

Lower the bar!! This isn’t our fathers Cowboys.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
this is the kind of post game speech i'm looking for:

if garrett cannot get us there, get out. this is the tradition of excellence this franchise needs to regain.

That was awesome! I remember it like it was yesterday. Speeches are over rated, unless you give one after a Playoff win, Championship game win, or Super Bowl win. How bout them 90’s Cowboys

BobSacamano

Reaction score
We may joke about it and laugh about it, but the guys showed in the locker room seemed to be buying it. A lot of nods at the right times. At least they were listening.
Well they're players of the Dallas Cowboys, not Princeton University.

Swallowing whole.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Garret is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a wining kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non wining seasons in a row, (tied with Campo)

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history

1-2 were 6 years ago.. but yea they happened
3 - And 33 passing touchdowns and 11th ranked offense. Does it really matter where the points come from?
4 - never happened (not only that but it was Dan Bailey and we all know he can't be iced).. he just missed the kick
5 - Didn't Tom lose 3 NFC championship games in a row? Those are win or go home games
6&7 are the same 3 seasons.. 2 of which were complete rebuilding years and the 3 rd was a season in which the D was completely destroyed with injuries.

If this is the best you can do.. I thinks it pretty lame.

Proximo

Reaction score
There is literally nothing he might have said that the fans who want him gone would have tolerated.

We get it. Some of you want a new coach and are concerned now that may not happen. This is not a thread about whether or not we should get a new coach. If you need one of those, we've got a dozen or so fresh ones for you to choose from.

In *this* thread we're supposed to be talking about how the staff addressed this week's win and is positioning the team for an unlikely playoff run. Only its hard to do that, because people keep walking in the room and yelling that they want a new coach all the time because they're tired of preaching to the choir in the other dozen threads. And threads like these are where the not-so-likeminded fans tend to hang out and the groupthink is codependent and has issues with that.

Screw groupthink. Let's keep some threads for actually talking about the season before it's too late. Groupthink has all offseason to complain some more.

It is very apparent that there are lots of fans on here who are disappointed that we did not get blown out on Thursday night.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is very apparent that there are lots of fans on here who are disappointed that we did not get blown out on Thursday night.

You know, I try to keep it in context. It's really frustrating to have found the QB of the future last season, have so much success, and then be sitting there at 6-6 the next year, having taken a backstep defensively. It's natural to blame the management and coaches in that situation.

But, yeah. I can't rationalize my way around giving up on a season at 2-3. Or 5-6 for that matter. It's unlikely we qualify for the playoffs this year, but there's still a reasonable chance for it to happen. And this week's game *ought* to make people feel better about that option rather than worse. But rooting for the Skins to beat the Cowboys, or for the Giants or Eagles to do it....there's no context where that makes any sense at all. It's just pure childishness, magnified by the anonymity of the internet.

Blake

Reaction score
3 - And 33 passing touchdowns and 11th ranked offense. Does it really matter where the points come from?
4 - never happened (not only that but it was Dan Bailey and we all know he can't be iced).. he just missed the kick
5 - Didn't Tom lose 3 NFC championship games in a row? Those are win or go home games
6&7 are the same 3 seasons.. 2 of which were complete rebuilding years and the 3 rd was a season in which the D was completely destroyed with injuries.

More prestige in losing NFC championship games than there is in never getting to go to one to begin with.

BigD5

Reaction score

Congratulations on being Jason Garrett’s biggest fan

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
More prestige in losing NFC championship games than there is in never getting to go to one to begin with.
Somebody actually compared losing championship games to those 8-8 win and go home games? Unbelievable. I'm still having nightmares about them. Next thing you know people will start to bring up those SB losses.

Last edited: