Twitter: Gerald McCoy Injured - out for season **merged**

Plankton

Reaction score
If he's cut before the 5th day of the new (league) year then he doesn't get that $2 million guaranteed. So next year would only be $1.5 million cap hit.

I believe that the guarantee will hold because it's guaranteed for injury. The only way that it could void would be if he passes his physical.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/gerald-mccoy-6512/

Contract Notes:
  • $7M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2020 salary + $1.5M of 2021 salary)
  • Additional $2M of 2021 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2021 (injury guaranteed now)
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $46,875 ($750,000)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I believe that the guarantee will hold because it's guaranteed for injury. The only way that it could void would be if he passes his physical.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/gerald-mccoy-6512/

Contract Notes:
  • $7M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2020 salary + $1.5M of 2021 salary)
  • Additional $2M of 2021 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2021 (injury guaranteed now)
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $46,875 ($750,000)
Injury guarantee would be for the year injured I would assume. He would have to be healthy when released, yeah.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's only missed 8 games over the last 8 years, so durability didn't really seem to be an issue. This is a shame though. I was looking forward to seeing what he could add to the D-Line.
He going to miss 16 games and the playoffs this season so shut up dummy.

rxdoc

Reaction score
Why are we not allowed to have nice things??? :(

This definitely sucks!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You're probably unaware (clearly a pattern) but money saved can be rolled over to next year. A year where the cap is expected to be negatively impacted by the lack of fans.

You're welcome for that additional bit of knowledge.

You pay 'dirty work' grunts middling money. Not more than three of your four starters COMBINED. Neither you nor anyone else is going to justify that.

What's to "challenge"? I've said the guy is grossly overpaid, make the case for why he isn't.

That’s common knowledge you’ve told me nothing new. Any determination about the cap has not been finalized yet and it’s possible the league does some cap smoothing to make the effects of no revenue from fans minimal and controlled.

It was never Crawford or 3 players- it was those players AND Crawford and Crawford’s contract was given to him previously not this offseason so them in the equation Is irrelevant. Dlaw had 15 sacks last time he played with Crawford, he had 5 this past year.

I don’t need to justify anythjng- his contract is already signed and cap space can be manipulated in many other ways. he’s still on the team because the coaching staff thinks he’s a productive player and it’s an expiring- pay him now and let it off the books. We just lost a player to injury and can plug in Crawford a very serviceable player who can produce and keep us competitive at that position.

take the L. Crawford’s still on the team

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s common knowledge you’ve told me nothing new. Any determination about the cap has not been finalized yet and it’s possible the league does some cap smoothing to make the effects of no revenue from fans minimal and controlled.

'Cap smoothing' is still indicative of a tighter cap. You know it and I know it. Lie to yourself, you don't get to lie to me.

It was never Crawford or 3 players- it was those players AND Crawford and Crawford’s contract was given to him previously not this offseason so them in the equation Is irrelevant. Dlaw had 15 sacks last time he played with Crawford, he had 5 this past year.

You can practice your willful ignorance as much as you need to, the rest of us can think for ourselves. It's inexcusable that a backup is costing more than THREE PROJECTED STARTERS. All your excuses in the world won't cover that up.

I don’t need to justify anythjng- his contract is already signed and cap space can be manipulated in many other ways. he’s still on the team because the coaching staff thinks he’s a productive player and it’s an expiring- pay him now and let it off the books.
We just lost a player to injury and can plug in Crawford a very serviceable player who can produce and keep us competitive at that position.

$9.1 million for 'serviceable' and some fans want to make excuses...

take the L. Crawford’s still on the team

Crawford is the L. For several years now.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
'Cap smoothing' is still indicative of a tighter cap. You know it and I know it. Lie to yourself, you don't get to lie to me.

You can practice your willful ignorance as much as you need to, the rest of us can think for ourselves. It's inexcusable that a backup is costing more than THREE PROJECTED STARTERS. All your excuses in the world won't cover that up.

its also indicative of the league salvaging some of the loss you talked about but don’t know will 100% happen and to what extent

aria

Reaction score
We can't look forward to anything...sheesh..
Nope, you only have one of the best O lines, a very good RB, possibly the best trio of WR’s in the league, the hopeful reemergence of LVE, two potentially great pass rushers and a good DT to look forward to.

Oh the humanity!

Jeffkills

Reaction score
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
video of injury. I don't understand.

I don't understand why this was happening.

That is not a natural thing for a DT to do.

Maybe that is what happens all the time and we just don't know.

I have never seen that kind of drill where the DL flip sides and practice like that.

If is a commonplace, I can go with the freak circumstance.