Gerald McCoy to Carolina

logan

Reaction score
I guess our offer of 6 months of Amazon Prime couldn't cut it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not RKG. Garrett has adopted Greg Popovich’s rule of not obtaining players that don’t exhibit team first character.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would have jumped on that for a one year deal. It's another missed opportunity, especially when the team continues to waste money on a player with no true role in Tyrone Crawford and can save $15 million over the next two years by cutting him. Along with the fact that he got himself in trouble this offseason and is likely facing suspension. But yeah, "team captain", "leadership", and whatever meaningless buzzword you want to use in place of actual on-field production.

McCoy would have been a significant upgrade at the 3-tech this year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He'll be on IR by week 6, guy gets hurt more than Lee.

Last 4 years he’s played 59 out of a possible 64 games. He’s missed more than 3 games once in 9 years....

Out by week 6 for the first time in his career? How did you come up with that one?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have jumped on that for a one year deal. It's another missed opportunity, especially when the team continues to waste money on a player with no true role in Tyrone Crawford and can save $15 million over the next two years by cutting him. Along with the fact that he got himself in trouble this offseason and is likely facing suspension. But yeah, "team captain", "leadership", and whatever meaningless buzzword you want to use in place of actual on-field production.

McCoy would have been a significant upgrade at the 3-tech this year.

It's an opportunity 30 other teams missed too. If the Cowboys were wrong, so were a lot of other teams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's an opportunity 30 other teams missed too. If the Cowboys were wrong, so were a lot of other teams.

I know it hurts you to see the Cowboys criticized, but honestly, who cares what "30 other teams" do? I don't know about you, but I'm not visiting "30 other teams" fan sites.

I care about what this one does, and I think they screwed this up and missed a clear opportunity. While they continue to grossly overpay a role player.

Two bad moves that I sorely disagree with.
:thumbdown:

Sydla

Reaction score
One year, up to 10.25MM.

I need all you front office homers saying he would be too expensive to explain to me how that wouldn’t have been a shrewd move on our part.

Sydla

Reaction score
I know it hurts you to see the Cowboys criticized, but honestly, who cares what "30 other teams" do? I don't know about you, but I'm not visiting "30 other teams" fan sites.

I care about what this one does, and I think they screwed this up and missed a clear opportunity. While they continue to grossly overpay a role player.

Two bad moves that I sorely disagree with.
:thumbdown:

Exactly.

Note that the ones defending the situation where also ones who justified the lack of interest on the Cowboys part because McCoy would cost too much, likely signing a big multi-year deal.

Now the bar has been moved.

Cowboys missed a great opportunity to give themselves a dominant DL. Once again, cheapness and “liking our guys” rears it’s ugly head.

It’s why they are always a couple steps away from being a legit power in this league.

They are banking the entire 2019 season on a rookie solving their interior pass rush problems.