Gholson: Shipley could shine for Cowboys

Reaction score
MWILL;3262693 said:
I doubt it too. If you like Shipley you get him cause if you don't, the Patriots will.

why the hell would patriots go for him ? they have welker and edelmen in the slot working just fine. Only glare is at wr with aiken and shipley cant play wr...?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
joseephuss;3261769 said:
What will scare teams is that he is not actually 6'-0" tall.

I like Shipley, but there is no reason to reach for this guy. He will be around in the 3rd or 4th round. He is better than McGarity. That is obvious. Jones could have picked up McGarity much later in the draft that year. He really reached for a guy no other teams were interested in. Forget about the Texas connection and focus on guys that can help the team. Roy is not going to meet the unrealistic expectations of trading a 1st and 3rd, but he still helps the Cowboys. Shipley can help Dallas out of the slot, but he isn't going to be able to match what Williams does on the outside.

Let's see how Percy Harvin develops during his career. He is getting by solely on physical talent right now. He is such a great athlete, but will he become a good receiver. He still has to develop the technical aspects of the position. I like his chances, but there have been plenty of wide receivers that flashed some brilliance early only to disappear because their games did not grow.

Jordan will be gone by no later than mid-second round. No way does this talent slide any further. I wouldn't mind if Jerry jumped up in the 2nd to take him either.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
thssanders;3262696 said:
I doubt the pats would go after him. They have welker and that other guy just like him that stepped up towards the end of the year. That's enough of those slot receivers for one team

True, but you never know.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3262701 said:
why the hell would patriots go for him ? they have welker and edelmen in the slot working just fine. Only glare is at wr with aiken and shipley cant play wr...?

Depth. Welker is hurt and you dont know how he will be next season. Edelman?? :confused: I can't believe you even brought that name up.

Anyways, if you have a chance to get a playmaker you get him (no matter who it is). Since Austin will have the target on his back, this offense will need another guy to make plays.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Can Shipley block a DE???

It doesnt really matter who plays WR if your QB is hitting the ground 1.5 seconds after the snap.

Have you guys already forgot about the Minny game???

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3262759 said:

It doesnt really matter who plays WR if your QB is hitting the ground 1.5 seconds after the snap.

We can add OL while grabbing a wr at the right spot too, especially if one falls that we like.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score

Ok, let's say they draft an O-lineman. Who's spot is he gonna take over next season?

thssanders

Reaction score
MWILL;3262944 said:
Ok, let's say they draft an O-lineman. Who's spot is he gonna take over next season?

maybe kosier. He played terrible against minny. I think free should start at LT or RT, and then draft somebody for the other side. I don't want to see columbo in there next year.

But i agree. The guy we draft would have to be pretty good to find a starting spot this season

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
thssanders;3262948 said:
maybe kosier. He played terrible against minny. I think free should start at LT or RT, and then draft somebody for the other side. I don't want to see columbo in there next year.

But i agree. The guy we draft would have to be pretty good to find a starting spot this season

I don't know, Dallas does a better job grabbing an O-lineman in FA than the draft. For all we know Dallas will draft a Saftey.

As for the Minny game, Garret and Romo didn't make the proper adjustments after Flo's injury.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Fletch;3262703 said:
Jordan will be gone by no later than mid-second round. No way does this talent slide any further. I wouldn't mind if Jerry jumped up in the 2nd to take him either.

Nope Shipley will be available in the 3rd and most likely won't go until the 4th round. Be patient and grab him then.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;3263385 said:
Nope Shipley will be available in the 3rd and most likely won't go until the 4th round. Be patient and grab him then.

I think Shipley goes 2nd to 3rd and think his stock will rise after the combines.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
I've seen Shipley going everywhere from middle of the second round all the way to the fourth.

I don't think we'll get a real feel for his draft stock until the Combine, so it's kind of pointless to debate this now.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I say draft him with the first pick. I don’t follow college, but i did see his last game and he looked like the best player Texas had.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
joseephuss;3261769 said:
What will scare teams is that he is not actually 6'-0" tall.

And the fact he's an overaged prospect with a bit of an injury history...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3263432 said:
I say draft him with the first pick. I don’t follow college, but i did see his last game and he looked like the best player Texas had.

No offense, but drafting Shipley in the 1st round would be monumentally insane. Nobody has Shipley graded as a 1st rounder, nobody!!!!

The highest grade I have seen on Shipley is mid-second round.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Have not forgotten but I doubt we select OL with every single pick. Worse thing Dallas can do is pass over top talent and reach for OL. Address it yes obsess to the point of reaching no

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;3263385 said:

Why most publication have him going 2nd to 3rd round of the draft. He is not going to last until the 4th I'm willing to bet on that one.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jobberone;3262595 said:
I bet he shoots bolts of lightning out of his arse, too.

The Longhorns coaching staff teaches you to do that, actually...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3264984 said:
Have not forgotten but I doubt we select OL with every single pick. Worse thing Dallas can do is pass over top talent and reach for OL. Address it yes obsess to the point of reaching no

Good point, I just want our first rounder to play some position on the OL!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3265889 said:
Good point, I just want our first rounder to play some position on the OL!!!!

I would like a OL with the 1st pick only if that lineman grades out as a 1st rd pick if not then I want to get the highest graded player on our board who fills a need.