Twitter: Giants coach is challenging our OL?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The matchup no one seems to be talking about is Collins, Lawrence and Paea versus the New York OL. Neither Collins nor Lawrence, who is still our best pass rusher, played in the first game last year. I think this matchup has at least as much potential to affect the game Sunday as their DL versus our OL. Tomlinson is at least as much of an unknown as Cooper, and definitely not the pocket pusher that Hankins was.

What will be interesting to me is to see how well Leary plays when he's not surrounded by all pros.

Agreed.

The advantage goes to the Cowboy DL in this matchup.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I really think the Giants are gonna come out and throw the kitchen sink at Dak and Zeke. We are going to have to show we can beat the pressure and blitzes. I don't think we will handle it well and that will be the main reason the Giants win.

And the OL will have to pick it up. Hell bring the blitz, I think OL can deal with it and leave Dez and others 1 on 1, I will gladly take that. Giants are a good but give me a break they did not win the NFC East.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think we have enough bulletin board material as it is that our 2 out of 4 losses were to the giants. We want them. Prove a point. We're the class of the NFC

visionary

Reaction score
The matchup no one seems to be talking about is Collins, Lawrence and Paea versus the New York OL. Neither Collins nor Lawrence, who is still our best pass rusher, played in the first game last year. I think this matchup has at least as much potential to affect the game Sunday as their DL versus our OL. Tomlinson is at least as much of an unknown as Cooper, and definitely not the pocket pusher that Hankins was.

What will be interesting to me is to see how well Leary plays when he's not surrounded by all pros.

I hope you are correct
Would like nothing better than to curb stomp these morons
It gets tiresome seeing Eli stand back and chuck it with little pressure

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Free is gone too. He struggled badly last year. Cooper is a better LG than what Free gave us at RT last year.

Free was why the Giants was able to get pressure on Dak. Free is gone now. But its up in the air if Collins will be better or worse than Free. I think it will probably be an improvement. Well have to wait and see.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Prescott did not impress in either game.

I expect more from the kid this season.

I agree few would argue that Williams blonde moment near the end of the 1st game changed the outcome. Giants went from our game to barely beat the Saints, and then go on a three game losing streak to the skins, vikings, and packers. These guys are ours when we keep our heads about us.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think the Giants are gonna come out and throw the kitchen sink at Dak and Zeke. We are going to have to show we can beat the pressure and blitzes. I don't think we will handle it well and that will be the main reason the Giants win.

They'll do exactly what they did last year. Sell out on the run and force the QB to beat them. They knew he couldn't last year. Ya know, the guy people thought was the MVP.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So that's the intelligent bench mark from homer Joe Cowboys fans. Start week 1 as a rookie or you're not quality.

Let's count the rookies starting on Sunday. The rest are bums like the Cowboys options post- Leary.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys will square off in the first Sunday night game of the NFL's 2017 regular season. There's a chance that rookie Dalvin Tomlinson will be in the Giants' starting lineup for the NFC East rivalry game.

"It would be amazing," Tomlinson toldreporters on Monday. "It's one of the things you always look forward to, just playing in a big game like that, especially a season opener."

"He's a player that's played at a tremendous level in the college game," McAdoo said of Tomlinson after practice on Monday. "He's come in, he's learned the system very well. He's good with his hands, he plays with leverage, he destroys blocks. We feel he'll be ready to play Week 1."

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ar...sf/2017/08/dalvin_tomlinson_ready_to_make.amp

Starter, rotating in, still a heck of a lot better option than bums like Cooper and Green.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I'd call that a challenge, but it's a really stupid statement.

What separates the good from great is the ability to make something out of nothing.

Therefore, all backs are not the same when there is "nowhere to run".

Plus, their DL is going to get curb stomped.
I don't think it was a stupid statement. We see good runningbacks all over the league that can't overcome poor oline play. Not in the NFL.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think we have enough bulletin board material as it is that our 2 out of 4 losses were to the giants. We want them. Prove a point. We're the class of the NFC
I've told you before, and I'll tell you again -- your sig is absolutely beautiful. I have a 12 year old boy and I adore him. I pray he has the same reverence for me that you have for your Pops when he reaches your age.

My son still calls me "daddy," sends me heart eye emojis, holds my hand, and FaceTime's me every weekday night when he's with his mommy. I'm about to drop him off with his mommy.

Your sig is adorable and I don't give a damn if that sounds corny or weird.

I often like your posts purely from your sig. it's just beautiful, brother. I'm a proud father, and every proud father should reach for the type of love displayed in every post of yours.

:star::starspin: