Giants making moves. Cowboys waiting

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Denver went all in when they got trounced in the SB by Seattle. Elway said he wouldn't let that happen again. So he went out and built the best defense in football and fired the HC that just went to the playoffs.

Your right. Elway did a great job. Won't deny that.

davey999

Reaction score
Every time someone is signed there's a million threads of knee jerk reactions over players other teams didn't want or past their prime:

Right, when you are 4-12 you expect your team to try and do anything to get better. Right now, we are acting like a team that is stacked at every position.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was saying is rather have one year at 5 than I would 2 years at 16 million. Clayborn is in his 20s. Williams is in his 30s. Neither will be the difference in winning a Super Bowl or not.

But one is more likely to fix your biggest defensive weakness and one isn't. 2 years for Williams at his age isn't outlandish. He's a better player than Clayborn, even in his 30s.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
:huh:

Not sure the main plan here but we do need to upgrade. Second tier free agents tend to be in their late 20s or 30+. I wouldn't have minded us going after a guy like Jenorius Jenkins but apparently he is signing with the Giants who have now resigned JPP and are getting the huge run stuffer from the Jets. Giants just got a lot better while we might be looking to lock up Nick Hayden on a 1 year deal. If Romo does have 4-5 years left he only has 2-3 good ones and we need to take advantage of them. Now is the time to spend.

No Worries, the Jones Family is on the case as we speak...
ijEyHMsmufUhv.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right, when you are 4-12 you expect your team to try and do anything to get better. Right now, we are acting like a team that is stacked at every position.

Well they don't feel they are a 4 and 12 team. Not saying I agree or disagree with that notion but I think they believe when healthy they aren't a 4 win team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But one is more likely to fix your biggest defensive weakness and one isn't. 2 years for Williams at his age isn't outlandish. He's a better player than Clayborn, even in his 30s.

Trust me neither will fix your pass rush lol. Both are depth signings to say the least. Neither is a guy teams game plan against and double team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Trust me neither will fix your pass rush lol. Both are depth signings to say the least. Neither is a guy teams game plan against and double team.

I am not going to trust you. One bad year doesn't mean Williams is now turned to dust. Williams would be a starter Day 1 for us. Clayborn? Not really.

But hey, add pass rushing to the already long list of needs we have for the draft along with TB, DT, CB, S, etc.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
According to some here we are in need of just a tweaking. We have no need for anyone signed so far.

Wood

Reaction score
:huh:

Not sure the main plan here but we do need to upgrade. Second tier free agents tend to be in their late 20s or 30+. I wouldn't have minded us going after a guy like Jenorius Jenkins but apparently he is signing with the Giants who have now resigned JPP and are getting the huge run stuffer from the Jets. Giants just got a lot better while we might be looking to lock up Nick Hayden on a 1 year deal. If Romo does have 4-5 years left he only has 2-3 good ones and we need to take advantage of them. Now is the time to spend.

The Giants still have no LBs, OL or RB. I wouldn't be happy if Dallas throw those numbers at those players. I don't see star in that group of signings especially kings ransom money involved.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am not going to trust you. One bad year doesn't mean Williams is now turned to dust. Williams would be a starter Day 1 for us. Clayborn? Not really.

But hey, add pass rushing to the already long list of needs we have for the draft along with TB, DT, CB, S, etc.

You don't have to trust me but trust NFL history. DE's on the wrong side of 30 who happen to have the career Mario Williams has had......his career is nearly over. That's not my opinion that's the NFL.

Mush like us last year no coach and no QB = 4-12?

Ehhh....yeah you can say that lol. Ouch lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So the Giants and Jags win the off-season by spending tubs full of money. They will still suck when the real season get started.
Geez, some of you guys should learn. Signing FA for big money has never guaranteed success. Please look at all the Deadskins
disasters before spouting off.

It depends on who you get in FA, and if your getting the right positions that the team needs.
If a team is a bad team signing a few FA isnt going to make them a winner, but if a team is already fairly good,
Then signing the right position FA's can put that team in a position to go all the way.

Both Denver and NE won SB's after signing the right defensive players they needed.
So it does work if done properly and smartly.

A team has to properly identify the positions at which they need a good player first, then get one in FA.
If you dont identify the right positions it wont help enough to make a difference.

It also helps to sign players who are really still good, and that you know how your going to use them, and
they fit what schemes your going to use.
Even then game planning and play calling have a further effect on whether this all works good or not.

Dallas does not place a lot of value on many positions, DT, RB, Safetys, and they think we are good in the other positions,
like CB and LB .
It doesnt look like they will make any big FA moves, and will try to get what they want in the draft.
They did make a weak attempt to get murray back , but failed at that.

rockj7

Reaction score
So you spend money on the Byron Maxwells of the world? If you guys had your way we would've went all in on Byron Maxwell last season. All because "he's better than what we have...".

Since 2011 our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks have been Bruce Carter, Demarco Murray,Tyrone Crawford, Terrance Williams, JJ Wilcox, Anthony Hitchens, Gregory.......

There have been some misses of course in there but all of those guys have end up being STARTERS for us at some point. How bad we have been in the 2nd,3rd and 4th rounds has been entirely overblown. We've been terrible in the 5th round. You are correct about that. But i'm not sure how frequent you are suppose to hit on 5th rounders to begin with.

From 2009-2013 We have drafted 41 players out of the 41 10 are still on the team 2 are FA this year So its possible 8 players out of 41 if Willbur , Claiborne leave So we are getting 1 player for every 7 rounds from 2009 -2013 and their is your lack of depth