Giants vs. Packers game thread (Packers Blown Out @ Home)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4379374 said:
no, BUck said one of the refs ruled him down

I thought I heard him say one ref called a fumble.

As for the failed onside kick, that was a panic move.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4379390 said:
So did the Refs in the replay/Challenge Booth. Awful call that caused the Giants a TD, No excuses for missing such an obvious call when it's CHallenged and you see it in Slow Motion.

as mike just said, it's a judgement call, the ball wasn't fully out until his back hit the ground and it went flying...could of been either way to me....

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4379376 said:
FOX always has Mike Perrerra on deck, how come they haven't even consulted him on this one? :eek:
Mike said he would have ruled it a fumble and given the ball to NY

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Jimmy used to pull out such shenanigans during playoff games. Remember the fake punt against Green Bay in the '93 playoffs? It worked about as well as that...

Lodeus

Reaction score
GO PACK GO!!! Too many here act like they want the Giants to win or something.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Oh yeah not losing sleep over the call. Just found it weak to rule it in a way that would save GB a challenge then ultimately blow the call. That's just bad football whoever it's against

Deep_South

Reaction score
That reminded me of the on-sides kick the Aints got us with when Parcells was the coach. That was humiliating.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Alweezy;4379411 said:
Oh yeah not losing sleep over the call. Just found it weak to rule it in a way that would save GB a challenge then ultimately blow the call. That's just bad football whoever it's against

Oh, yeah.

It was a terrible call.

Bluestang

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4379387 said:
You say this in jest, however I have no problem believing myself and no less than half the posters on this board could do the job much better than the part-time employees currently responsible for officiating this billion dollar industry.

It wouldn't matter because you can never eliminate human error. Even you or other posters on this board where to become refs I would be willing to bet that you would screw up a call or two.

yimyammer

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4379387 said:
You say this in jest, however I have no problem believing myself and no less than half the posters on this board could do the job much better than the part-time employees currently responsible for officiating this billion dollar industry.

Count me in the bottom half, I'd hate that job and would be terrible at it. The game moves so fast I'm surprised they don't mess up far more calls than they do

SWG9

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4379409 said:
Jimmy used to pull out such shenanigans during playoff games. Remember the fake punt against Green Bay in the '93 playoffs? It worked about as well as that...

Yep, the old direct snap to the upback. Those were the days. I wonder McCarthy thinks his team is sluggish and is trying to wake them up.