Giants winning one against Philly is the most realistic path to winning the division

Shannon1

Reaction score
Smh. You missed the entire point of the op.

Seattle beating them is realistic. In fact, if Geno Smith is healthy, id bet on them to win that game.

The unrealistic part of us winning the division in your scenario is us running the table. Playing @ Buffalo and Miami in b2b weeks is brutal. We will
lose one of those games, thus needing either the Giants beating Philly or Philly losing to both the Hawks and Cards.
No we would have 4 losses them too we both will have 3 conference losses then it gets into points

Verdict

Reaction score
Outside of a complete collapse from Philly, the division is lost.

That damn Arizona game of ours, and the failure of KC and Buffalo to finish games against the Eagles, made that pretty much a done deal.

It looks like a repeat of last year for Dallas.

At Tampa (or Atlanta) for an easy one, then off to San Francisco.
Actually, the odds of Eagles winning all 4 is low. Unfortunately the odds of Dallas winning all 4 is also low.

The Eagles are not playing very well.and Dallas is playing its best football of the season.

erod

Reaction score
Actually, the odds of Eagles winning all 4 is low. Unfortunately the odds of Dallas winning all 4 is also low.

The Eagles are not playing very well.and Dallas is playing its best football of the season.
Yep, the best chance is for them to drop one against the Giants, and we only lose one other than to Washington.

silvernblu

Reaction score
No, it's gets to strength of victories after conference record.
I which strength of victories was how much you win by. But I think it is basically strength of schedule for victories.

erod

Reaction score
I which strength of victories was how much you win by. But I think it is basically strength of schedule for victories.
Can't do it by scores.

Games aren't the same when Dallas plays a team versus when Philly does. Home field, injury situations, weather conditions, point of the season, etc.

JBS

Reaction score
Yes it is a big deal. Had we lost yesterday, the division race would be all but over and we would be trying to hold on to the 5th seed
5th seed been over for over a month. And yes, the divisional race is still alive. Whopping 25% chance. Big whoop

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The giants are horrible!! I don't see them "realistically" beating the egals. However, I would love it if they proved me wrong!! But come on....do you actually think it could happen?
No but that is a bigger possibility than us winning out.

The Eagles did lose to a horrible Jets team in metlife earlier in the season and you know the Giants would love to play spoiler

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Them losing to one of the 4 AFC teams doesn't give us the tiebreaker. The first tiebreaker after divisional record is common games and yes, while they lost to the Jets, we cancelled that out by losing to the Cards.

Here are the common games:

Bills
Dolphins
Cards
Seattle
Jets
Rams
Patriots
San Fran

Cowboys are currently 4-2 (49ers, Cards) in common games, Eagles are 4-2 (49ers, Jets). If we lose one of the Buffalo or Miami games and Philly beats the Cards and Seahawks, we lose first tiebreaker after head to head and divisional record. In that scenario, we'd need the Giants to win a game to give us the divisional tiebreaker.

And they don't play the Lions, they play the Cards.
No Dallas lost to Philly. That also counts as a conference loss.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As it stands, we are leading the division due to having more divisional wins, but still only have a 25% chance to win the East.

After h2h record, philly owns all of the tie-breakers and they have a way easier schedule than we do. Ima go on the record and say winning out wont happen. This team isnt the same on the road and it will be tough to deal with Miami’s speed.

Now if the Giants can somehow win a game against Philly, we will be afforded the ability to drop one of these upcoming games (sans the Commanders) and still win the East.

Now the big question is, can the Giants beat them?
I think Seattle beating them would do the same. wouldn't it?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
At this point I fully expect the Giants to split with the Eagles. Eagles are really flailing and the Giants are not as bad right now as they were early in the season. That being said, I still think the birds win the division.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
No but that is a bigger possibility than us winning out.

The Eagles did lose to a horrible Jets team in metlife earlier in the season and you know the Giants would love to play spoiler
The Jets have a horrible offense but they have a top 3-4 D, what do the giants have?

Eagles own the giants even when they are good, but now...giants dont stand a chance unfortunately.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As it stands, we are leading the division due to having more divisional wins, but still only have a 25% chance to win the East.

After h2h record, philly owns all of the tie-breakers and they have a way easier schedule than we do. Ima go on the record and say winning out wont happen. This team isnt the same on the road and it will be tough to deal with Miami’s speed.

Now if the Giants can somehow win a game against Philly, we will be afforded the ability to drop one of these upcoming games (sans the Commanders) and still win the East.

Now the big question is, can the Giants beat them?
If the Giants win tonight they are one game out of the final playoff spot in the NFC. :thumbup: :facepalm: