News: Gil Brandt passes away

LittleD

Reaction score
He was a hard man to deal with when signing bonus' were handed out. God Bless and rest in peace old war horse.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Great human being. Outstanding pro football mind. He, Landry and the gang took the Cowboys to the very top. During their time the Dallas Cowboys were the leaders. The term "America's Team" meant something back then....and not just a pretty much meaningless phrase as we know it today.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He was talking football right up unto the end.
He will be missed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I was happy he was able to make it into the Hall of Fame before he passed. It has been a year or so since he had been on Sirius, but he was still amazingly sharp with the memories. Truly a legend.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As an old timer this one means a lot and hurts deeply. Legendary isn't a big enough word to describe him and the impact he made on the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL. His fingerprints are all over what turned into America's Team. A true pillar and legend of the franchise history.

He was an innovator that completely reshaped the way business is done in the league. His contributions to NFL.com and NFL radio and priceless. He is a man who will really be missed in so many different ways.

I feel like I lost a family member today.

RIP Gil.

a-1.jpg

igtmfo

Reaction score
Nice guy. Talked prospects with him once at my barbershop - right after he had been let go, maybe not too sensitive of me. Shopped at my grocery store way up in his 80s I'd see him in his jump suit. Tweeting at 90! .. RIP

MS17

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Gil Brandt. As many are saying, you helped make the Cowboys one of the great organizations in NFL history.