Give Dalton a chance

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
some truth to what you say, but he wasn't why we lost. The defense was.The special teams didnt do anything either. Lets not forget a missed FG. The elephant in the room is Mike McCarthy and the defensive coaches. They left alot to be desired.

It's always someone else's fault except Daks...I GET IT!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Man If you think Andy Dalton is your savior.
agree...did these people watch the same game we did? Dak dropped a dime on Gallup at the end. That was not an easy throw. The defense was clearly why we lost..front and center.We were manhandled by a revamped oline. SCARY.

Adreme

Reaction score
Goff is less mobile....somehow he was able to be quite successful. You have to make a plan or adjust....if you can.

Different problems require different solutions. The Rams offense has Higbee, who can function as a great outlet and an efficient target when getting the ball out quickly (as TEs often are), which allows the Rams to run a quick passing attack predicated on fast passes. They also have decent WRs to allow for a deep passing game. However, being built in this way means that they are better served to win against teams with a solid pass rush but weak secondary.

The Cowboys are not built this way. They are built around their WRs and have TERRIBLE TE play and not really great play out of the slot. The offense is built around letting its talented WRs run routes and then hitting throws to those WRs. As such if the OLine is getting beat, meaning that there is no time for these routes to develop, then the offense falls apart. With the litany of injuries the Cowboys OLine has sustained, that has become the case. Now the strength of the Cowboys style is that if the OLine wins you can do well even against great secondaries, but if they lose it looks really bad. Having a less mobile QB (and less accurate and more INT prone but those are not important right now) actually makes this situation even worse and puts even more pressure on the OLine to hold up which they clearly could not do.

Now part of the issue is that they had to go against AD who was throwing 2 blockers aside at once, but right now they need ways to mask the deficiencies in the OLine so that the offense can function.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we never seemed to adjust offensively. Same ole story. That said, we had no business winning this game. We got what we deserved. Coaches were pretty bad in this game. Not impressed by the scheme and decision making. Dak was not the problem. This falls mostly on the defense and special teams. AGAIN...we needed a big play from special teams and didnt get it. Same with the defense.

Everyone but dak?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HE DROPPED A DIME ON GALLUP and if that call isn't made, we win. It was a perfect pass. He doesnt play defense.

And threw it low and down for Ceedee on a critical 4th down play.

I'm not ready to give up on him...but this notion Dak doesn't share ANY responsibility and should never be criticized is ridiculous.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Everyone but dak?
he did. Do you not recall the perfect pass he made to Gallup? Refs took it away with a phantom PI call. Not too many QB's make that play in that crucial situation. We were getting gashed for 10 yard runs all night and our db's couldnt cover anyone. Did I mention we couldnt stop them on 3rd down?

Rayman70

Reaction score
And threw it low and down for Ceedee on a critical 4th down play.

I'm not ready to give up on him...but this notion Dak doesn't share ANY responsibility and should never be criticized is ridiculous.
ah no..I am not saying that. He did make a crucial pass to Gallup. That happened. Dak didnt play his best,but had us in position to win,only to have the refs take it away. Our defense,not Dak..is why we lost. Dak deserves blame when it calls for it, but also should get credit for doing his job, which he did. Our D failed us.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Nope but we have seen him play with some pretty talented teams in Cincy and fail every single first round of the playoffs.

Who were the teams he played against. I can never figure out the logic in this thinking. That team and this team are NOT the same teams.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's not starting by week 3-4. Season over. Dak is not it.

Risen was the first to say it, and guys like Pappy, Willie and Capt have been consistent in saying we need to rid ourselves of him.

For now Dalton is the answer

#DontpayDak
The day I start to agree with the likes of risen and pappy is the day that I turn into a computer geek hermit!