Give it a rest, Zeke

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
As a Buckeyes/Cowboys fan, no one loves them some Zeke more than I do. However, in Columbus, Elliott had an irritating habit of giving the "feed me" spooning motion every other time he carried the ball. Never mind that he got "fed" enough to finish second all-time in rushing yards in Buckeyes history in less than 3 seasons. Urban Meyer ignored it, as he tends to do with his star players. Now, Elliott has taken his show to Dallas. Zeke, this is professional football, & you're a rookie. It is not your place to demand touches from the coaching staff. It is your place to take the carries they call for you, make the most of them, & shut up. So, please stop showing up your coaches & fellow RBs with your antics. You've carried the ball 94 times so far this season, more than any other back in the NFL--great backs who have earned their way in this league. Your backup ran for the second most yards in the NFL the four seasons leading up to this one. Show him & your coaches some respect & stop insisting you get every freaking carry on every play.

It's a bit annoying, but I say "whatever." I think it can grind a lot of folks the wrong way because a lot of Cowboys fans are, well, a "bit" older than Zeke and have a bit of "get off my lawn" syndrome going on. However, my son -- who is a good kid and is 15 -- thinks it's awesome.

See what I'm sayin'?

Frankly, I'm more interested in what he does on the field as our #1 RB than his post-run antics.

Cheers and glad to be back here...it's been a while!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's a bit annoying, but I say "whatever." I think it can grind a lot of folks the wrong way because a lot of Cowboys fans are, well, a "bit" older than Zeke and have a bit of "get off my lawn" syndrome going on. However, my son -- who is a good kid and is 15 -- thinks it's awesome.

See what I'm sayin'?

Frankly, I'm more interested in what he does on the field as our #1 RB than his post-run antics.

Cheers and glad to be back here...it's been a while!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Have you ever given thought to going back to the Farmers Branch thing?

It was way more charming and had better resonance with this fan base.
Do you have to get a permit or licence to be judgmental and, overall, just plain prissy?
Just wondering, Calvinist Yank.
Heh.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
In 2014, we had an attitude - a swagger when running the ball. Teams knew it was coming and still couldn't stop us. Zeke fits that mode. The OL and the team seems to feed off of his (and Dak's) youthful exuberance. Nothing wrong with that.

Plus, if he were out of line and was being a distraction, I GUARANTEE you Witt would get in his face and straighten him out real quick.

This thread is much ado about nothing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans need to give it are a rest.....it don't bother me one way or another...but I sure hope it annoys the heck out of opposing fans...it means we are getting first downs and getting TD's. So our fans should not complain...but then again they complain about everything good and bad.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I agree, but save it for the important drive when you are eating that defense up, an important game, or even games in December when we're still in contention, and the playoffs.

Not directed at **, I dont think anyone is complaining or saying it makes them mad....Its just annoying, ridiculous, and redundant when you do it multiple times per game, every game, the first 4 games of your career, and the first 4 games of the season. It would pump me up as a fan if he knew WHEN to do it for maximum effect, instead Im rolling my eyes after the 3rd one of the game. Love the pick, love the kid, and the success he is starting have.....just not the overkill of this because it makes him look like a child playing little league copying something he saw on tv.
I don't disagree with that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Settle down old timers. Things are different. People are different. It'll be fine. Try not to worry about what others are doing especially when they don't affect how or what you're doing.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Zeke is showing up the coaches or taunting the opposition. I think it motivates him to do the first down and feed me gestures. Anything that helps him keep rolling, I'm all for it. If the other team is mad, that just means we're winning or about to.

Frozen700

Reaction score
As a Buckeyes/Cowboys fan, no one loves them some Zeke more than I do. However, in Columbus, Elliott had an irritating habit of giving the "feed me" spooning motion every other time he carried the ball. Never mind that he got "fed" enough to finish second all-time in rushing yards in Buckeyes history in less than 3 seasons. Urban Meyer ignored it, as he tends to do with his star players. Now, Elliott has taken his show to Dallas. Zeke, this is professional football, & you're a rookie. It is not your place to demand touches from the coaching staff. It is your place to take the carries they call for you, make the most of them, & shut up. So, please stop showing up your coaches & fellow RBs with your antics. You've carried the ball 94 times so far this season, more than any other back in the NFL--great backs who have earned their way in this league. Your backup ran for the second most yards in the NFL the four seasons leading up to this one. Show him & your coaches some respect & stop insisting you get every freaking carry on every play.

Why do some of you feel the need to rant and carry on as if these players will hear you, or see this?

Some of you carry on and moan as if you own these players, and they should listen to you.

What makes you right and him wrong?

If little things like this bother you to the point you need to come on the internet and vent as if it's your life it's affecting, you need to take a step back.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Obviously there is a misunderstanding about what his feed me more celebration means. I guarantee it has nothing to with demanding or insisting he get more carries. It's more likely it's to the defense saying I can do this all night and I want to, helps demoralize them.

SinCityMex

angry1
Reaction score
He's 21 cut him some slack.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It annoying, but whatever. Not that big of a deal.

I always like the players that just line up, ready to go again.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Man some people find the silliest things to get irritated or upset about when watching football.

I just don't see how the feed me thing bothers anyone, ever.

rwill784

Reaction score
I swear less than a year ago there were people on CZ complaining about how everyone on our team was an emotionless robot.

And now this. People will complaint about anything I guess
You should look into the game threads you'd think we were the browns the way some of the guys act.