Giving the front office credit

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just pointing out you are one of the posters who hate on everything. You made your bed now man up and deal with it.
Deal with what? Last I checked, we are both Cowboys fans. We're in the boat together. So when you fail, so do I and vice versa. But I refuse to protect an organization that's been trash for two decades. You can, smooch away.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
lol, man, some of you sure are quickly forgiving....these second tire FA were still available for a reason so lets wait and see what we have before gold plating Jerry's throne, I've been fishing these waters for alot of years.........I WILL remain cautiously optimistic though.

Wood

Reaction score
We can argue about who Dallas should have targeted in free agency, but the team has landed the players it has targeted. The Joneses brought in Thompson, Hurns and Fleming and signed them.

all of those signings are average NFL talent. They lost Hitchens, who I think could be all pro in KC. Looks like wash so far. Now if Dallas somehow gets Suh or Earl...then you give them credit.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We can argue about who Dallas should have targeted in free agency, but the team has landed the players it has targeted. The Joneses brought in Thompson, Hurns and Fleming and signed them.

The Cowboys have suceeded in setting the bar low, fans think that we will sign no one of note, we sign hurns and it's like a tier one signing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Deal with what? Last I checked, we are both Cowboys fans. We're in the boat together. So when you fail, so do I and vice versa. But I refuse to protect an organization that's been trash for two decades. You can, smooch away.
I don't protect them. I think Jerry's about as incompetent a GM as there's ever been. I'm willing to give Garrett this year but no more. Another 9-7 or less year and bye bye. I just chose not to dwell on the negatives and try to thing positive. You're the opposite.

Aven8

Reaction score
The moves are one thing, but can these lousy offensive coaches coach these guys is the real thing? Is Hurns going to run 8 yard button hooks? Is Thompson going to run 50 yard fly routes on 3rd and 2? That's the question!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't protect them. I think Jerry's about as incompetent a GM as there's ever been. I'm willing to give Garrett this year but no more. Another 9-7 or less year and bye bye. I just chose not to dwell on the negatives and try to thing positive. You're the opposite.
If you're 22, then you were born the last time we won anything important. No reason to be optimistic.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
that awkward moment when you realize "I just gave credit to a FO that hasnt won anything and I think ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!"

mediocrity, it has a strong hold.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Me too, cause that would give me plenty of time for Jerry to meet his demise, and maybe then we'll have a chance to win a Super Bowl.
Any anger these days should be directed at Stephen IMO. I think Jerry has relinquished almost total control to his son. I think he rarely gets involved in personnel decisions these days. Things have gotten better since the 8-8 days whether you want to believe it or not so the arrow is pointing up. IMO.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Didn't say it was impressive, just that they brought him in and he didn't choose to go elsewhere. So either he didn't have other offers, he was sold on playing in Dallas or he received a competitive offer from the team.
Of course its good news. Its a great relief to me. If these is all we do in FA I'm good. On to the draft.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Any anger these days should be directed at Stephen IMO. I think Jerry has relinquished almost total control to his son. I think he rarely gets involved in personnel decisions these days. Things have gotten better since the 8-8 days whether you want to believe it or not so the arrow is pointing up. IMO.
It has been for awhile

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is about the level they should be signing at every offseason, honestly. These guys aren’t special, just solid vets who ought to fit in at positions of need.

They do still *need* a veteran LB who can actually play. A Safety or a DT would be a nice luxury if a good one is available late in the FA season and willing to take a prove it contract with a decent high profile team.