Twitter: Glazer: Eagles are out on Watson trade talk

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Eagles are screwing up trying to salvage that team. It’s old, overpaid and they’re trying to evaluate what they have in Hurts but doing it with young receivers and a hurt offensive line. They honestly need to stink this year and properly build that team. They are the only team in the division old and overpaid like that.

Kelce might be in his last year. Fletcher Cox is not dominant any longer. The Eagles might try to trade Cox next year if the cap hit won’t be too bad.

I agree they need a complete rebuild.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The announcers said when they were on TNF against Carolina. that the Texans and Watson and his agent already agreed, he would not play for them this season.
And agree, no team wants to have this associated with them right now. not until his civil suits and legal issues are known. I don't think we will get anything from the NFL either, until they know what is going on.

Though that did not keep them from taking a year to railroad Zeke. If for some reason, nothing comes of this over Watson, I doubt he will be suspended. We know the double standards set against us.
Either way it's a full on disaster for Houston.

People still have the nerve to complain about Prescott.

Its next to unreal actually.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think the Eagles would be just as bad if they had Lance, Fields, or Mac Jones at QB this year in place of Hurts.

:huh: many and do mean many, listed him as top 5 at the end of last season. I'm 100% confident he will make every player around him better. Hell, getting him is just a notch short of Rogers. It's why I've said, if I'm any Qb needed team, I'm loading the wagon and going after him coz ONCE he leads my team close to Super Bowl, no cares what I gave up.

darealvelle

Reaction score
I thought Watson had a no trade clause, so he would have to sign off anyway?

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought Watson had a no trade clause, so he would have to sign off anyway?

Yes and it's been reported that he wants to go to Miami.

But first and foremost, he wants out of Houston. If Philly (or any team not on his trade list) is the only viable option, what does he do? Just stay in Houston? Unlikely.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
:huh: many and do mean many, listed him as top 5 at the end of last season. I'm 100% confident he will make every player around him better. Hell, getting him is just a notch short of Rogers. It's why I've said, if I'm any Qb needed team, I'm loading the wagon and going after him coz ONCE he leads my team close to Super Bowl, no cares what I gave up.

Not sure which QB you are referring to. Hurts? The rookie QBs, or Watson.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But the Football Team are in?
They may be, Snyder sees nothing wrong with what Watson did and Rivera didn't want Richardson to cut Hardy and tried to intervene.

The Patriots should trade for Watson and Kraft can share his list of Florida masseuses with magic hands.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The guy is finished in the NFL. At least rite now. He wont play down in 2021. Its due 2 optics. No team wants their brand attached to this guy.

He's literally been a healthy scratch all season. There's no way he plays in 2021...I don't know about 2022 but he won't play this year

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Either way it's a full on disaster for Houston.

People still have the nerve to complain about Prescott.

Its next to unreal actually.

If someone is crazy enough to hand over 2 1st rd picks or more Houston will not be a disaster for long. Frankly I would have nothing to do with Watson. I don't see him as a leader of anything and yet that is an important part of the position. Talent wise I think he is a good player but not that good

fivetwos

Reaction score
If someone is crazy enough to hand over 2 1st rd picks or more Houston will not be a disaster for long. Frankly I would have nothing to do with Watson. I don't see him as a leader of anything and yet that is an important part of the position. Talent wise I think he is a good player but not that good
I heard more like three firsts.

The off the field stuff just ruins that, but he will play in the league again somewhere....because of the position he plays.

I dont think he is all that great....I wouldn't have traded Prescott for him at any point....but someone will take a chance on him. No doubt at all.

Although even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, how does he not also face a serious suspension problem?

His best bet is to make nice nice with Houston management, take his league punishment asap, and be the best player he can starting next year.

That's too logical to actually happen though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I heard more like three firsts.

The off the field stuff just ruins that, but he will play in the league again somewhere....because of the position he plays.

I dont think he is all that great....I wouldn't have traded Prescott for him at any point....but someone will take a chance on him. No doubt at all.

Although even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, how does he not also face a serious suspension problem?

His best bet is to make nice nice with Houston management, take his league punishment asap, and be the best player he can starting next year.

That's too logical to actually happen though.

Clearly there is interest in him. As for Houston I think that bridge has been burned, I don't see him playing in Houston again. Texans seem more interested in cutting ties and getting the most they can for him.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I hope Philly does get DeSean Watson. They'll have to give some of those 1st rd picks they have. I personally think these rape allegations will follow him no matter where he goes. If it ends up hurting Philly, all the better.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Clearly there is interest in him. As for Houston I think that bridge has been burned, I don't see him playing in Houston again. Texans seem more interested in cutting ties and getting the most they can for him.
Yup. Agreed.

That why hat in hand is the best bet for him.

I say that without knowing the severity of the legal situation. I'm assuming it's all a money grab but that may not be the case.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yup. Agreed.

That why hat in hand is the best bet for him.

I say that without knowing the severity of the legal situation. I'm assuming it's all a money grab but that may not be the case.

there are both civil cases and criminal case involved. I think Watson side clearly wants to down play this but I do think there is something there and I do think he will be found guilty but I doubt he actually does any jail time (depending on jury of course) I also know he has one of the best lawyers in Texas with Rusty Hardin representing him.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Who's dumb enough to trade for that sick prick? Watson may never throw another pass in the NFL if all those women get their day in court.