Twitter: Glazer: Eagles are out on Watson trade talk

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think Houston is playing this all wrong. Every day Watson refuses to settle is an increase in possibility one of the women with a more extreme story decides to press charges. Then suddenly she has dozens of witnesses who can corroborate her accusations of Deshaun’s character, and the plausibility of him getting prison time goes up.

even if that seems unlikely today, when is he playing again? If he continues to drag this out, and the court stuff isn’t wrapped up by September of next year, he could very well go back on the commissioner’s exempt list before we even get to the suspensions.

they should no longer think of him as the person or the player or the legal situation or anything. He’s a commodity who’s value is dangerously close to plummeting. The only reason I can think that they’re not taking whatever they can get today is because no one has offered them anything of real substance.

zack

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it ...........

Excuse me here, but is there any reason why this guy shouldn't be suspended by now? Can you imagine if Zeke had 30 accusers? He wouldn't see the filed for 2 years and would have been suspended 8 months ago.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Excuse me here, but is there any reason why this guy shouldn't be suspended by now? Can you imagine if Zeke had 30 accusers? He wouldn't see the filed for 2 years and would have been suspended 8 months ago.

Because there is still an on going investigation. Zeke was only suspended once the investigation was completed.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
I was sad to see Carson Wentz leave the Eagles, only because i think he is damaged goods and can’t hurt us anymore. I love him as a person, but just believe his body has had enough. He’s a turnover waiting to happen. Sounds a lot like my QB too (Daniel Jones)….although he has gotten much better his last 10 games in not turning it over.

I still can’t believe there are dumb GMs out there who don’t know more than your average NFL fan. I wish my GM could trade with these suckers. I’d love to trade them Pro Bowl player, Evan Engram for a 2nd round pick this year. Or how about Saquon Barkley for a first round pick?

RS12

Reaction score
Per Chris Simms, Lurie has signed off on acquiring Watson. Probably just a matter of time.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Eagles are screwing up trying to salvage that team. It’s old, overpaid and they’re trying to evaluate what they have in Hurts but doing it with young receivers and a hurt offensive line. They honestly need to stink this year and properly build that team. They are the only team in the division old and overpaid like that.

Your perception of the eagles being old is way off. The eagles average age is 25.9 this year (19th in the league) while the cowboys are 25.6 (9th in the league). The last 4 super bowl champions average age is Tampa bay 26.3, Chiefs 25.9, patriots 26.8, EAGLES 26.4. I kinda wish the eagles were old.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Glazer used to be on point.

Kind of plugged into Vegas like Jimmy The Greek.

This is a little shocking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your perception of the eagles being old is way off. The eagles average age is 25.9 this year (19th in the league) while the cowboys are 25.6 (9th in the league). The last 4 super bowl champions average age is Tampa bay 26.3, Chiefs 25.9, patriots 26.8, EAGLES 26.4. I kinda wish the eagles were old.
How old are Kelce, Cox, Ertz, Graham and Brooks? Don’t be naive….

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
PLEASE BE IN ON HIM and give up 3 1st just before he gets suspended...again I dont like the beagles

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I named the Eagles best players……their best players happen to be over 30 and highly paid.
Ertz is their best player? he's not even a starter. Cox is still getting double teamed but he's already being replaced and outplayed by hargrave. Graham is being replaced with josh sweat who they just signed to a team friendly deal. Kelce's replacement is landon dickerson who they just drafted in the 2nd round (and isn't fully healthy, I didn't like the pick but we'll see) Brooks is done imo. Torn pec expected out 8 weeks. You didn't name their best players, you just named aging ones.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Watson on the Eagles immediately makes them a .500 team. He took some atrocious Houston squads farther than that. I don't know if Howie is the guy to build a winner around him... he's a cap wizard but a lackluster drafter. But the gulf between Jalen Hurts and Deshsun Watson alone is division-winningly wide.

And I am still not sold on Watson's guilt as a sexual predator either. I haven't looked too far into it, but the timing of these accusations seemed very retaliatory to Watson's threats to sit out the season. Per the offseason expose pieces, Texans pseudo-GM Jack Easterby shows some real hallmarks of being a sociopath. I would not put it past him at all to assassinate Watson's character as a power play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ertz is their best player? he's not even a starter. Cox is still getting double teamed but he's already being replaced and outplayed by hargrave. Graham is being replaced with josh sweat who they just signed to a team friendly deal. Kelce's replacement is landon dickerson who they just drafted in the 2nd round (and isn't fully healthy, I didn't like the pick but we'll see) Brooks is done imo. Torn pec expected out 8 weeks. You didn't name their best players, you just named aging ones.
Which was my point…they are paying old aging guys who happen to be starters…You have youth that you think will be good one day but let’s don’t kid ourselves. Eagles roster is a mess because they’ve done some screwy things in the draft. Derek Barnett is not a good football player. You bring up Josh Sweat? Not a good football player. Eagles don’t have many starters that could start on other teams and that’s a issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Watson on the Eagles immediately makes them a .500 team. He took some atrocious Houston squads farther than that. I don't know if Howie is the guy to build a winner around him... he's a cap wizard but a lackluster drafter. But the gulf between Jalen Hurts and Deshsun Watson alone is division-winningly wide.

And I am still not sold on Watson's guilt as a sexual predator either. I haven't looked too far into it, but the timing of these accusations seemed very retaliatory to Watson's threats to sit out the season. Per the offseason expose pieces, Texans pseudo-GM Jack Easterby shows some real hallmarks of being a sociopath. I would not put it past him at all to assassinate Watson's character as a power play.
Didn’t Watson take the Texans to 4 wins last year? That Eagles team isn’t much better and if they have to trade Hurts and a few first rounded to get him? I hope they do at this point.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Which was my point…they are paying old aging guys who happen to be starters…You have youth that you think will be good one day but let’s don’t kid ourselves. Eagles roster is a mess because they’ve done some screwy things in the draft. Derek Barnett is not a good football player. You bring up Josh Sweat? Not a good football player. Eagles don’t have many starters that could start on other teams and that’s a issue.

C'mon Bro, this was your original point

"Eagles are screwing up trying to salvage that team. It’s old, overpaid and they’re trying to evaluate what they have in Hurts but doing it with young receivers and a hurt offensive line. They honestly need to stink this year and properly build that team. They are the only team in the division old and overpaid like that."

I showed you that the eagles average age is 19th in the league. On top of that they aren't even the oldest team in the division.The giants are at an average age of 26.0 and you said "They are the only team in the division old and overpaid like that."

If your point was to name old aging starters why did you name ertz? Why are you bringing up Barnett, he's 25?